Author Topic: Biden tells National Guard: I'll never use the military as 'a prop'  (Read 259 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden tells National Guard: I'll never use the military as 'a prop'
Biden tells National Guard conference that he'll restore respect for civil-military relations

By Marisa Schultz | Fox News

Former Vice President Joe Biden pledged Saturday to National Guard members that he'd never put them in the middle of a domestic political dispute and he'd "restore" respect for civilian-military relations.

"It's been tested lately," Biden said to the virtual National Guard Association of the United States' 142nd General Conference.

"But I promise you as president, I'll never put you in the middle of politics or personal vendettas. I'll never use the military as a prop or as a private militia to violate the rights of fellow citizens. That’s not law and order. You don't deserve that."

Democrats have long accused President Trump of using the armed forces for political goals, citing deployment of troops to the Mexico border and threats to send federal forces to cities led by Democrats to squash protests.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-national-guard-trump-prop
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34