Author Topic: Sturgis mass testing results announced  (Read 396 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sturgis mass testing results announced
« on: August 29, 2020, 02:33:41 pm »
Guess what... the whole press over-hype that the city of Sturgis was going to look like a COVID plauge center was just that.   BS.

RAPID CITY, S.D. (KOTA) -The City of Sturgis conducted mass COVID testing for its citizens after welcoming hundreds of thousands of visitors for the 80th annual Motorcycle Rally. Now, the city is announcing the results.

A total of 650 people took advantage of the free testing, with 26 people testing positive for COVID-19.

All of them were asymptomatic at the time of testing.

Sturgis city manager Daniel Ainslie says the rate of confirmed cases is lower than what many people anticipated.

https://www.kotatv.com/2020/08/29/sturgis-mass-testing-results-announced/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Sturgis mass testing results announced
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 02:56:25 pm »
Thank you for posting this.  I was talking with a friend last night about Sturgis and how very little had been mentioned about the supposed mass spread of COVID after the event.  Funny how the media was hyperventilating during the event, but now...hardly a word.
@Wingnut

You really have to dig hard for anything post rally since COVID was a bust.  I stumbled across it looking at another link about "The future of the GOP? Look at the Sturgis motorcycle rally".   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.