Author Topic: Abe bows out: Japanese PM bows as he quits due to ill health for a second time and apologises for f  (Read 397 times)

Online mountaineer

Abe bows out: Japanese PM bows as he quits due to ill health for a second time and apologises for failing to achieve his targets
    Abe revealed he had suffered a relapse of the bowel condition ulcerative colitis
    The 65-year-old, who has been in power since 2012, said he would need regular treatment that would prevent him from tackling the coronavirus crisis
    Rumours had swirled about the PM's health after two recent visits to hospital 
    The same health problem forced Abe to quit after his first spell as PM in 2006-07

By Tim Stickings For Mailonline
Published: 02:10 EDT, 28 August 2020 | Updated: 07:07 EDT, 28 August 2020

Japan's prime minister Shinzo Abe bowed in apology today as he announced his resignation on health grounds after a record eight years in power. 

Abe, 65, revealed he had suffered a relapse of a chronic bowel condition - saying he had 'lost a lot of my energy and strength' and would need regular medical treatment that would prevent him from tackling the coronavirus crisis.

'I have been struggling with my illness and I have to get treatment. Poor health should not lead to wrong political decisions,' he told a press conference, offering his 'sincere apology' for abandoning ship during the pandemic.  ...Daily Mail
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Japan's prime minister Shinzo Abe bowed in apology today as he announced his resignation on health grounds after a record eight years in power.
'I have been struggling with my illness and I have to get treatment. Poor health should not lead to wrong political decisions,' he told a press conference...

Gee, could we get the likes of Miss Nancy and Miss Ruthie to do the same...?
(not to mention a whole slew of other Congresscritters....)

Offline LegalAmerican

'I have been struggling with my illness and I have to get treatment. Poor health should not lead to wrong political decisions,' he told a press conference...

Gee, could we get the likes of Miss Nancy and Miss Ruthie to do the same...?
(not to mention a whole slew of other Congresscritters....)

:thumbsup:   The demon-rats have no morals or principles.