Author Topic: Black Lives Matter Co-Founder Patrisse Cullors Demands Hollywood Strike Over Shooting of Jacob Blake  (Read 779 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Ben Kew28 Aug 20201,111
2:18

Black Lives Matter (BLM) co-founder Patrisse Cullors has demanded that the entertainment industry go on strike in response to the shooting of Jacob Blake, arguing that “Hollywood can really show up in this moment.”

“I think it’s time for talent, writers, executives, the guild and SAG to show up for Black lives as well,” Cullors said. “Join this strike. Now is the time and our movement is really looking to unions to step in in a particular way and say ‘We’re going to hold back on allowing for the exploitation and the degradation of Black communities to continue under our watch.’ I think Hollywood can really show up in this moment.”

Cullors, who is also a playwright, made the remarks in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter after the NBA’s Milwaukee Bucks boycotted their playoff game on Tuesday after Blake was shot seven times by police. The strike led to other teams from Major League Basketball, the National Hockey League, and Major League Soccer to join in the boycott.

Cullors didn’t explain how a Hollywood strike would look but said BLM leaders are currently in discussion with some industry executives to establish what would be possible.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2020/08/28/black-lives-matter-co-founder-demands-hollywood-strike-over-shooting-of-jacob-blake/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 :silly:

Does she think we will all be upset if all the Hollywood weirdos go on strike... :silly: :silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online berdie

What a wonderful idea! Not only has the Corona crippled the inept industry, but now they should strike! Who do they think they are? Athletes?

Offline dfwgator

Oh, Please, Please!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
GO for it!

Put some more Commies out of work!

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Hollyweird going silent? Can that be for several decades, and extendable? :silly:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It might be nice.  Sort of a retro thing.  A return to Silent Pictures filmed in Black and White of course.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Black Lives Matter (BLM) co-founder Patrisse Cullors has demanded that the entertainment industry go on strike in response to the shooting of Jacob Blake, arguing that “Hollywood can really show up in this moment.”

I'm in complete agreement with this woman !
Let Hollywood go "on strike".
Let 'em STAY "on strike".

Forever...!

Offline Idiot

Who needs Hollyweird when you have Youtube.

Offline goatprairie

Who needs Hollyweird when you have Youtube.
I have tons of dvds of films from fifty years ago or more. I much prefer them over anything from the past 30 years or less. Screw modern movies.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I agree with her completely.  Let Hollywood disappear for all I care.  They haven't made a quality movie in twenty+ years.  And like others here, I have enough movies made from years ago that are possessing of some level of quality.  Everything made today is crap!

I used to go to the theater to see EVERY major movie and many others.  I go maybe once a year now.  I used to buy 5-20 DVDs per month, now I can honestly say I haven't bought 5 DVDs in the last two years.  I have about 1,500 DVDs and about 1,000 VHS movie tapes, and to be honest, the last time I watched any one of them was about six months ago.

So Hollywood, please do what makes you happy, strike until hell freezes!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah, any more it's all explosions, shootings, dead bodies, flames everywhere.

Kinda like Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago...only in CGI...

Meh.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

BLM Co-Founder Demands Hollywood Strike Over Jacob Blake Shooting
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2020, 12:54:50 pm »
BLM Co-Founder Demands Hollywood Strike Over Jacob Blake Shooting

Patrisse Cullors, co-founder of Black Lives Matter, has called upon all of Hollywood to strike in response to the Jacob Blake shooting.

Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter, Cullors said that Hollywood could be a tremendous help to the Black Lives Matter movement if all of the unions, which have been severely hurt by the pandemic, would halt work to push for change.

“I think it’s time for talent, writers, executives, the guild and SAG to show up for Black lives as well,” Cullors said. “Join this strike. Now is the time and our movement is really looking to unions to step in in a particular way and say ‘We’re going to hold back on allowing for the exploitation and the degradation of Black communities to continue under our watch.’ I think Hollywood can really show up in this moment.”

https://www.con-alerts.com/blm-co-founder-demands-hollywood-strike-over-jacob-blake-shooting/

rangerrebew

Re: BLM Co-Founder Demands Hollywood Strike Over Jacob Blake Shooting
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2020, 12:55:41 pm »
I wouldn't be the least offended if the people of Hollyweird never came back to work. :tongue2:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2020, 12:55:42 pm »
Blackmail anyone???

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2020, 01:14:06 pm »
LOL
A Marxist Communist Fascist
Calls on Communist Hollywood to stop being so Communist and Fascist.
Burn down Portland - Hell Yes, Burn down Seattle - Hell Yes!
These guys just can't help themselves.
They shit in their own beds and then they wallow in it.
Just like a pig. They will not eat a pig...but they have no problem being a pig.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2020, 01:40:49 pm »
It wouldn't bother me. About the only things worth watching anymore are reruns of old TV shows and "reality" shows like Dr. Pol and Barnwood Builders.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2020, 02:40:02 pm »
It wouldn't bother me. About the only things worth watching anymore are reruns of old TV shows and "reality" shows like Dr. Pol and Barnwood Builders.  :laugh:
Barnwood Builders...hmmm...never heard of it.  Sounds like something I'd enjoy watching.
@mountaineer 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
:silly:

Does she think we will all be upset if all the Hollywood weirdos go on strike... :silly: :silly:

@mystery-ak

What is even funnier is her believing any studio head,director,or big name actors are going to PERSONALLY give up the loss of millions of dollars in personal profits.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2020, 04:02:25 pm »

I DDG'ed that, it looks like a good show on DYI channel.  I wonder if I can get that on my Fire Stick?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

@mystery-ak

What is even funnier is her believing any studio head,director,or big name actors are going to PERSONALLY give up the loss of millions of dollars in personal profits.

I dunno, @sneakypete, NBA, NFL, and MLB team owners are sitting back and watching thug-supporting players destroy the value of the teams they own. And then there's the Hate-Bush and Hate-Americafinancial flops Hollyweird has pumped out over the past 2 decades. So maybe Hollyweird PTBs are that kind of blindly stupid.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2020, 05:42:01 pm »
Barnwood Builders...hmmm...never heard of it.  Sounds like something I'd enjoy watching.
@mrpotatohead @Cyber Liberty I love that show. Yes, it's on DIY network. Reruns frequently; new episodes on Sundays, I believe. It's about a company run by a good ol' W.Va. boy near White Sulphur Springs. They salvage old (150-200 years old, generally) log cabins and barns.

Mr. M and I were in that neck of the woods a couple of years ago and stopped at their store before heading home. Our route took us past their "boneyard," where they have old log cabins under restoration and construction. They don't permit visitors, but we got a kick out of seeing it in person.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2020, 05:47:35 pm »
@mrpotatohead @Cyber Liberty I love that show. Yes, it's on DIY network. Reruns frequently; new episodes on Sundays, I believe. It's about a company run by a good ol' W.Va. boy near White Sulphur Springs. They salvage old (150-200 years old, generally) log cabins and barns.

Mr. M and I were in that neck of the woods a couple of years ago and stopped at their store before heading home. Our route took us past their "boneyard," where they have old log cabins under restoration and construction. They don't permit visitors, but we got a kick out of seeing it in person.

It's $10 a season on Amazon.   :crying:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

Nick Searcy, INTERNATIONAL FILM & TELEVISION STAR   @yesnicksearcy
News flash: the leftists in Hollywood are already on strike. They have shut down their entire industry just to try to hurt Trump.
2:15 PM · Aug 29, 2020

Offline LegalAmerican

I agree with her completely.  Let Hollywood disappear for all I care.  They haven't made a quality movie in twenty+ years.  And like others here, I have enough movies made from years ago that are possessing of some level of quality.  Everything made today is crap!

I used to go to the theater to see EVERY major movie and many others.  I go maybe once a year now.  I used to buy 5-20 DVDs per month, now I can honestly say I haven't bought 5 DVDs in the last two years.  I have about 1,500 DVDs and about 1,000 VHS movie tapes, and to be honest, the last time I watched any one of them was about six months ago.

So Hollywood, please do what makes you happy, strike until hell freezes!

I am so sick of all these people.  "Caring" for a pedophile and WHO,  had a warrant out for his arrest.  ALL HAVE BEEN THUGS WITH PRIORS. 
Hollyweird, full of pedo's too.