Author Topic: Helicopter company involved in Kobe Bryant crash sues air traffic controllers  (Read 332 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Helicopter company involved in Kobe Bryant crash sues air traffic controllers
By Zack Budryk - 08/25/20 04:06 PM EDT

The company that operated the helicopter in the crash that killed Kobe Bryant, his daughter Gianna and seven others has sued two air trafffic controllers, blaming them for the incident.

The cross-complaint, filed in California Superior Court last week, accused Matthew Conley and Kyle Larsen, two air traffic controllers at the Southern California TRACON, of “a series of erroneous acts and/or omissions" that caused the January 26 crash.

“Had Larsen and Conley not engaged in the numerous negligent acts and/or omissions stated herein, then the Pilot [Ara Zobayan] would not have been forced to respond to multiple [air traffic control] requests and commands during the most critical phase of the flight,” the cross-complaint said, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The helicopter company, Island Express, is itself facing lawsuits from Bryant’s family and other victims.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/transportation/513617-helicopter-company-involved-in-kobe-bryant-crash-sues-air-traffic
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

The pilot-in-command of an aircraft is directly responsible for, and is the final authority as to the safe operation of that aircraft. In an emergency requiring immediate action, the pilot-in-command may deviate from any rule in the General Subpart A and Flight Rules Subpart B in accordance with 14 CFR Section 91.3.
https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/atpubs/aim_html/chap5_section_5.html

Wasting money... not going anywhere

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Wasting money... not going anywhere

Do you think the lawyers on either side care about that?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I recall it was overcast, they were too low, told to get higher by controller, but flew into the hillside instead.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln