Author Topic: Texas A&M professor, NASA researcher charged with hiding ties to China  (Read 269 times)

rangerrebew

Texas A&M professor, NASA researcher charged with hiding ties to China
By
Darryl Coote

Aug. 25 (UPI) -- The Justice Department has charged a Texas A&M University professor and NASA researcher with lying about his affiliations with Chinese universities, institutions and a government program that recruits foreign nationals with knowledge of U.S. technology and intellectual property.

Zhengdong Cheng, 53, of College Station, Texas, was charged with conspiracy, making false statements and wire fraud in a criminal complaint unsealed Monday, the Justice Department said in a release.
Advertisement

"Once again, we have witnessed the criminal consequences that can arise from undisclosed participation in the Chinese government's talent program," Assistant Attorney General for National Security John C. Demers said.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020/08/25/Texas-AM-professor-NASA-researcher-charged-with-hiding-ties-to-China/2991598329381/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Texas A&M professor, NASA researcher charged with hiding ties to China
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 05:55:39 pm »
Is he a U.S. Citizen?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien