Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: 2020 Republican National Convention  (Read 23569 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: LIVE THREAD: 2020 Republican National Convention
« Reply #650 on: August 29, 2020, 03:57:24 pm »
@HuskyPatriot

1)  Welcome to TBR.

2)  Your awareness needs a lot of work. (Briefing Room being "completely and enthusiastically supporting OUR President"

Agreed.  He would not be saying that if he'd been here any length of time in the past 4 years.

On another forum, I just commented that four years ago I held my nose and voted for Trump.  In 2020, I won't be holding my nose.  It'll be the first time I actually vote "for" somebody since 1984.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #651 on: August 29, 2020, 04:01:14 pm »
Agreed.  He would not be saying that if he'd been here any length of time in the past 4 years.

On another forum, I just commented that four years ago I held my nose and voted for Trump.  In 2020, I won't be holding my nose.  It'll be the first time I actually vote "for" somebody since 1984.

I'm in the same boat except for the voting for him in 2016 part. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #652 on: August 29, 2020, 04:03:50 pm »
@HuskyPatriot

I didn’t realize you were new here. I really like your avatar.  0005a
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline HuskyPatriot

« Reply #653 on: August 29, 2020, 04:20:00 pm »
@HuskyPatriot

1)  Welcome to TBR.

2)  Your awareness needs a lot of work. (Briefing Room being "completely and enthusiastically supporting OUR President"

So better awareness is to support OUR man in office no matter what opinions might be expressed during his tenure?  Mr. Trump is a human being and negative views just might come out even in supporting the man in the chair....  I don't go in for "blind followers" in any walks of life.  (A general comment not intended for anyone here in particular.)

Offline HuskyPatriot

« Reply #654 on: August 29, 2020, 04:25:42 pm »
@HuskyPatriot

I didn’t realize you were new here. I really like your avatar.  0005a

Thanks!  I've been on for a few weeks but have not felt "brave" enough to post a lot until recently.  It takes some getting used to and I'm still getting the gist of things...   :seeya:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #655 on: August 29, 2020, 04:25:46 pm »
So better awareness is to support OUR man in office no matter what opinions might be expressed during his tenure?  Mr. Trump is a human being and negative views just might come out even in supporting the man in the chair.... I don't go in for "blind followers" in any walks of life.  (A general comment not intended for anyone here in particular.)

@HuskyPatriot
Many of us here share that view, but still support him in his re-election.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #656 on: August 29, 2020, 04:29:38 pm »
So better awareness is to support OUR man in office no matter what opinions might be expressed during his tenure?  Mr. Trump is a human being and negative views just might come out even in supporting the man in the chair....  I don't go in for "blind followers" in any walks of life.  (A general comment not intended for anyone here in particular.)

We're not "blind followers", but look around, where is the alternative.  Only Trump could have accomplished what he has, because he is an outsider,  I don't always want somebody like Trump in the White House, but he is precisely what we need at this particular time.

Offline HuskyPatriot

« Reply #657 on: August 29, 2020, 04:31:37 pm »

OK; so there has been some more qualified talk about the man in the past??  (That's good to know.) Yes, I'm new, but the anger I read here sometimes is off-putting, unless the left has so gotten under most everyone's skin that guns are blazing!!!!!    wink777    Onward warriors!!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #658 on: August 29, 2020, 04:32:57 pm »

The convention was a nice, tightly made affair but it was solely meant for the already converted in my view. (Pardon if this was mentioned before; this thread is a long one.)

I don't know how much of the "tightly made affair" you watched @HuskyPatriot  but the convention was actually geared toward undecideds and minority voters; i.e.: the President's history of supporting and promoting women in the workforce, how much this administration has accomplished for black Americans, safety and law and order, and the President's personal "softer side" ---- all told by "average" Americans of all colors whose lives have been changed for the better courtesy of Donald J. Trump.

And special attention was given to refuting the claims that the President is a "racist" --- as told by the people who would know.

What about the folks that don't know their elbow from their hands that need to know the minutia more than just the blunt instrument of broad statements about saving the country from marauders and mayhem? (BTW Some may easily say that this has been happening under his watch.) 

This was addressed thoroughly, Husky --- the real life consequences of the mob as told by the people affected.  The support the President has for the police, as told by the police.   "Don't let the democrats do to the nation what they've done to our cities"

It's already being said that  this is happening on the President's watch.  Except if you've been paying attention it has not.  This is happening in cities run by Democrats for generations.  This is happening in democrat run cities and states refusing federal assistance to squash the riots.  This was repeated often during the convention, at rallies and by the President in his acceptance speech.  And Americans "get" this.  I'm surprised you missed it.  What we're witnessing in democrat led cities was and is referred to as "Joe Biden's America".

Many may vote for Biden simply because they don't like the president's bluster, pomposity and self aggrandizement (as they see him).  These folks may be needed in November.  I see a "Promises Kept" page on Mr. Trump's campaign website, but there is nothing forward looking.

And many may vote for Biden because they like his dentures.  Some things can't be changed.   :shrug:   But the Trump 2020 is cutting a wide swath among Independent voters --- despite President Trump's "pomposity".  We should see a bump in support thanks to the convention.

Here's the President's 2nd Term Agenda you'd like to see:

August 23, 2020
TRUMP CAMPAIGN ANNOUNCES PRESIDENT TRUMP’S 2ND TERM AGENDA: FIGHTING FOR YOU!

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/trump-campaign-announces-president-trumps-2nd-term-agenda-fighting-for-you/

I really think that he needs to go beyond his base and not try to scare people into voting for him. Many just won't take the bait.  Granted the media doesn't help as it's completely one sided (both to the left and right).  His team I think has to calmly address the finer points of daily living, not just any past accomplishments.   Just saying.....    Have a nice weekend all.  :seeya:

This is exactly what the campaign did for four days this past week.  I'd  be happy to forward a couple of links to you to fill in any of your gaps.  Just let me know. 

Happy weekend.   :beer:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #659 on: August 29, 2020, 04:35:23 pm »

Facts, positive or negative, are always tolerated, Mainstreem mediia BS is not....  That seems to be our waterloo...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #660 on: August 29, 2020, 04:38:05 pm »
Facts, positive or negative, are always tolerated, Mainstreem mediia BS is not....  That seems to be our waterloo...

Exactly...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

« Reply #661 on: August 29, 2020, 04:47:06 pm »

I’m not a blind follower. I did extensive research before voting for Donald Trump, who up to that point was under my radar. I heard of him—who hadn’t?—but no specifics until I started to read about his history and biography.

Best political decision I ever made voting for him.

Offline HuskyPatriot

« Reply #662 on: August 29, 2020, 04:48:19 pm »
I don't know how much of the "tightly made affair" you watched @HuskyPatriot  but the convention was actually geared toward undecideds and minority voters; i.e.: the President's history of supporting and promoting women in the workforce, how much this administration has accomplished for black Americans, safety and law and order, and the President's personal "softer side" ---- all told by "average" Americans of all colors whose lives have been changed for the better courtesy of Donald J. Trump.

And special attention was given to refuting the claims that the President is a "racist" --- as told by the people who would know.

This was addressed thoroughly, Husky --- the real life consequences of the mob as told by the people affected.  The support the President has for the police, as told by the police.   "Don't let the democrats do to the nation what they've done to our cities"

It's already being said that  this is happening on the President's watch.  Except if you've been paying attention it has not.  This is happening in cities run by Democrats for generations.  This is happening in democrat run cities and states refusing federal assistance to squash the riots.  This was repeated often during the convention, at rallies and by the President in his acceptance speech.  And Americans "get" this.  I'm surprised you missed it.  What we're witnessing in democrat led cities was and is referred to as "Joe Biden's America".

And many may vote for Biden because they like his dentures.  Some things can't be changed.   :shrug:   But the Trump 2020 is cutting a wide swath among Independent voters --- despite President Trump's "pomposity".  We should see a bump in support thanks to the convention.

Here's the President's 2nd Term Agenda you'd like to see:

This is exactly what the campaign did for four days this past week.  I'd  be happy to forward a couple of links to you to fill in any of your gaps.  Just let me know. 

Happy weekend.   :beer:

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post and thanks for the information provided. I was not able to see the entire convention, and saw only some of the speeches and fan fair.  The context IS better when you see the entire event.  I say, "tightly made affair" in contrast to the "circus" that was the Democrat's one!!!!  The RNC was very focused and frankly much more dignified, as it should be!!!!  :beer:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #663 on: August 29, 2020, 04:48:56 pm »
We're not "blind followers", but look around, where is the alternative.  Only Trump could have accomplished what he has, because he is an outsider,  I don't always want somebody like Trump in the White House, but he is precisely what we need at this particular time.

Right president at the right time, just as Reagan was for his time.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #664 on: August 29, 2020, 04:51:19 pm »
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post and thanks for the information provided. I was not able to see the entire convention, and saw only some of the speeches and fan fair.  The context IS better when you see the entire event.  I say, "tightly made affair" in contrast to the "circus" that was the Democrat's one!!!!  The RNC was very focused and frankly much more dignified, as it should be!!!!  :beer:

And whereas the Democrats brought out out-of-touch Hollywood celebrities,  the Republican Convention focused on real americans.  It wasn't a Trump "Love Fest" at all, it presented the ideals the new, transformed GOP stands for.   They are remaking the Republican Brand.  That's why all of the Bushies hate Trump, he took their party away from them, and moved it into the modern age.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #665 on: August 29, 2020, 04:53:06 pm »
And whereas the Democrats brought out out-of-touch Hollywood celebrities,  the Republican Convention focused on real americans.  It wasn't a Trump "Love Fest" at all, it presented the ideals the new, transformed GOP stands for.   They are remaking the Republican Brand.  That's why all of the Bushies hate Trump, he took their party away from them, and moved it into the modern age.

Great points!

:thumbsup:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #666 on: August 29, 2020, 05:16:45 pm »

Gosh, I've never heard the part I highlighted before!  If I hadn't read that (in as many words) in dozens of Moderator Reports, I'd never had heard of it at all.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #667 on: August 29, 2020, 05:26:15 pm »
Gosh, I've never heard the part I highlighted before!  If I hadn't read that (in as many words) in dozens of Moderator Reports, I'd never had heard of it at all.

If the reports of Trump eating puppies were true I’d still vote for him. I’m a cat lover.   :silly:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #668 on: August 29, 2020, 05:34:41 pm »
If the reports of Trump eating puppies were true I’d still vote for him. I’m a cat lover.   :silly:

I love my kittehs, too, but I'd be upset if he ate puppies like O'Bastard did as a child growing up in Indonesia.  **nononono*
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

« Reply #669 on: August 29, 2020, 05:35:48 pm »
Big Daddy Of Them All ~ John Mellencamp

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #670 on: August 29, 2020, 05:39:29 pm »
Big Daddy Of Them All ~ John Mellencamp

I burned out on Mellonhead in record time, back in the 80's.  I didn't find out he's a raging leftist until years later, and by then I assumed most recording artists were.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

« Reply #671 on: August 29, 2020, 05:46:54 pm »
   I have blinders on @Cyber Liberty Springsteen, Willie, among many others. I can easily over their political BS and enjoy their talent. 
  My desire to still watch the NBA is another indication as to just how f*cked up I am.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #672 on: August 29, 2020, 05:48:45 pm »
   I have blinders on @Cyber Liberty Springsteen, Willie, among many others. I can easily over their political BS and enjoy their talent. 
  My desire to still watch the NBA is another indication as to just how f*cked up I am.

It's like a drug.  When it no longer feels good, you'll be done....
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

« Reply #673 on: August 29, 2020, 05:53:54 pm »
   I've kicked some serious Drug Habits in my Life.  The last 4 left, though, are kicking my azz.

Winstons, Booze, Pot and Women, not necessarily in that order. 
   Maybe there's Hope for me after all.

Offline HuskyPatriot

« Reply #674 on: August 29, 2020, 05:56:17 pm »
Exactly...

What the heck can you watch then; cable, online?? (Serious question.)  CNN is so obviously anti-Trump and Fox News compensates imho by being too pro-Trump.  It's all so frustrating!!! In print I like the WSJ myself and the National Review mag is a mainstay....