Author Topic: China's Navy Is Taking Notes on the Battle of Guadalcanal (Yes, the World War II Battle)  (Read 237 times)

rangerrebew

August 20, 2020

China's Navy Is Taking Notes on the Battle of Guadalcanal (Yes, the World War II Battle)

Here's why.
by Lyle J. Goldstein

Key Point: China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) has sought to remedy its lack of actual combat experience by the careful study of military history.

China's military has not had much combat experience in recent decades, and this is recognized among Chinese military leaders as a potentially serious problem. The reasons for this scarcity of battlefield know-how are obvious and might even be praise-worthy. It has been nearly four decades since Beijing undertook a significant military campaign, so how would its armed forces have attained this knowledge? As I have argued many times before in this forum, nearly four decades without resorting to a major use of force represents very impressive restraint for any great power.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/chinas-navy-taking-notes-battle-guadalcanal-yes-world-war-ii-battle-167236

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
These are details and tidbits that we keep seeing, that show LT intent of the Chicoms.  We need to militarize Japan ASAP.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

But Japan did contest Guadalcanal with its carrier forces, in fact Guadalcanal, not Midway, is where Japan's elite naval aviators completely spent themselves as a force of any consequence in two major carrier engagements there - at Santa Cruz Isls and the Eastern Solomons.

Studying WWII in the Pacific history will never suffice for actual experience in going to war with a navy. In the event of a major war the Chinese navy will have some very hard lessons to learn.