Author Topic: The Air Force said this colonel was an incredibly toxic leader. Then she was promoted to one-star  (Read 266 times)

rangerrebew

The Air Force said this colonel was an incredibly toxic leader. Then she was promoted to one-star general

Air Force Brig. Gen. Jennifer Grant created the most toxic command climate that investigators had seen in decades when she oversaw the 50th Space Wing at Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado, according to a redacted copy of an Air Force Inspector General report.

A colonel at the time, Grant berated her subordinates both publicly and privately so frequently that the people under her command were terrified to give her any bad news, according to the October 2019 investigation, which was obtained by Task & Purpose.

Grant frequently reduced people to tears, caused many of her subordinates to leave, and one person whom she often clashed with later died by suicide.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/air-force-toxic-commander-promoted

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
This article also had a link to the following article...curious.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/air-force-dawn-dunlop-toxic-leadership

I find it interesting that 2 females, both in command, with formal investigations proving most, if not all allegations...are still in command.

No "loss of trust" from their superiors?  I know why and I bet you do as well... :whistle: :whistle:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline EdinVA

Thank god we have an all volunteer, politically correct, military....  :thud:

Toxic?  If peoples lives depend on the accurate completion of the task then isn't it more toxic to fail..

Offline skeeter

This article also had a link to the following article...curious.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/air-force-dawn-dunlop-toxic-leadership

I find it interesting that 2 females, both in command, with formal investigations proving most, if not all allegations...are still in command.

No "loss of trust" from their superiors?  I know why and I bet you do as well... :whistle: :whistle:

Lotsa friends in high places.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This is not a problem unique to the military.

I saw many cases in industry, where the only way to rid yourself of an undesirable was to promote them away from your location. 
I know it was the cowardly path, and I never agreed with that tactic, but those "connected with a sponsor" were difficult to reprimand, or give poor appraisals. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

rangerrebew

@skeeter

"Lotsa friends in high places."

Wasn't the military getting rid of markers which would identify male or female at promotion boards?  But of course they are. *****rollingeyes*****