Author Topic: Army a Potential Bill Payer for COVID-19 Costs  (Read 246 times)

rangerrebew

Army a Potential Bill Payer for COVID-19 Costs
« on: August 19, 2020, 02:43:42 pm »
Army a Potential Bill Payer for COVID-19 Costs
8/18/2020
By Jon Harper

Ground forces are a prime candidate for cuts if military budgets decline in coming years, according to analysts.

Defense spending for fiscal year 2021 is expected to be $740.5 billion. The economic fallout from the COVID-19 crisis, which includes soaring budget deficits, has some observers expecting the Pentagon to face greater fiscal constraints moving forward.

“We’ve got major bills due from the pandemic. We still don’t understand the full scope and scale of those in terms of the impact on the economy, the impact on the federal budget for years, if not decades to come,” said Gil Barndollar, a senior fellow at the nonprofit group Defense Priorities. “It’s hard to see defense [spending] even staying flat. … You’re going to have to cut something.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2020/8/18/army-a-potential-bill-payer-for-covid-19-costs

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Army a Potential Bill Payer for COVID-19 Costs
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 03:03:08 pm »
And still....... many question the Chicoms motives or intentions for unleashing this plague.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Daddyoy

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 03:18:54 pm »
Some cuts are already being felt in the Air Force. Two of the programs I manage have been cut due to not enough money. I can see active programs going into "sustainment" mode, only fixing problems that are major issues. No new development for awhile.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 03:57:14 pm »
Some cuts are already being felt in the Air Force. Two of the programs I manage have been cut due to not enough money. I can see active programs going into "sustainment" mode, only fixing problems that are major issues. No new development for awhile.

Welcome @Daddyoy .

Thanks for your service.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.