Author Topic: Clinton gets her I-told-you-so moment  (Read 275 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clinton gets her I-told-you-so moment
« on: August 19, 2020, 01:14:57 pm »
Clinton gets her I-told-you-so moment
By Amie Parnes - 08/19/20 06:00 AM EDT

Call it Hillary Clinton’s I-told-you-so moment.

The 2016 Democratic nominee will have an opportunity to address the nation Wednesday in a primetime speech for the first time since she lost her bid for the White House in a stunning defeat to now-President Trump.

The live address, which will come just before Sen. Kamala Harris's speech, will be forward-looking for the most part, with a we-could-have-done-this better sentiment in the backdrop, according to Clinton allies.

“This is a chance I’m sure she’s been looking forward to for a very long time,” said one longtime Clinton ally. "I think she's anxious to put this dark period behind us and get the nation back on track."

"I think this speech is less about the past and more about the future," the ally added. 

Clinton’s speech — which was still being tweaked as of Tuesday — is expected to serve as part cautionary tale, while foreshadowing what a second term under Trump could look like if Joe Biden isn't elected, Clinton allies say. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/512595-clinton-gets-her-i-told-you-so-moment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Clinton gets her I-told-you-so moment
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 01:16:02 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 01:20:29 pm »
Clinton tears into Trump over COVID-19 response in convention speech
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/512635-clinton-tears-into-trump-over-covid-19-response-in-convention-speech

All this whooping it up should do is remind everyone the rats have inflicted tyrannical Covid policy on blue states for purely political purposes.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 01:35:03 pm »
 DNC Rejects Me Too ‘Reckoning’ Over Bill Clinton By Gifting Him With Convention Speaking Slot
August 18, 2020 By Emily Jashinsky

After all the hype, the Democratic Party’s Me Too-era reckoning over Bill Clinton ended with the former president getting a speaking slot at the 2020 Democratic National Convention. The move is evidence Clinton’s power in the party hasn’t diminished to the degree many expected, which is itself evidence that the Democratic establishment’s bluster about Me Too was more about political expediency than women. Al Franken should be in revolt.

For Democrats, Clinton presents a major dilemma: He’s one of the few high-profile party leaders capable of speaking to disaffected Obama-Trump Democrats. That’s a demographic at which this convention is clearly targeted. But he’s also a figure who falls dramatically short of the standards the left set during the Me Too movement. What to do?

Give the guy a few seconds early in the show, party leaders decided. According to the New York Times, Clinton “will speak for less than five minutes on Tuesday, well before the 10 p.m. prime-time hour, in an address that he prerecorded from his home in Chappaqua, N.Y.”

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/18/dnc-rejects-me-too-reckoning-over-bill-clinton-by-gifting-him-with-convention-speaking-slot/
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 01:38:37 pm »
Why hasn't Bubba been cancelled?  How does a serial adulterer and rapist get a pass?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 01:48:20 pm »
‘How Is It That Bill Clinton Hasn’t Been Canceled?’: Scott Jennings Questions Praise For Former President On CNN Panel
https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/18/bill-clinton-joe-biden-dnc-scott-jennings-cnn-panel/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 01:56:43 pm »
Duckworth on Clinton Speaking at DNC: ‘The Democratic Party Is a Big Tent’
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/08/18/duckworth-on-clinton-speaking-at-dnc-the-democratic-party-is-a-big-tent/

Yeah there is room in the Dem Party for rapists and sexual predators...
Support the USO