Author Topic: Several Republicans set to speak at DNC on Monday night  (Read 686 times)

Offline EdinVA

Several Republicans set to speak at DNC on Monday night
« on: August 17, 2020, 05:52:07 pm »
Former Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who was the last to drop out of the 2016 Republican primary against Trump, was already scheduled to be featured in Monday night's programming. But Monday morning, the DNC released the names of three more Republicans who will speak during the convention's two-hour broadcast that starts at 9 p.m. ET.
In the lineup will be former New Jersey Gov. Christine Todd Whitman; Quibi CEO Meg Whitman, who previously advised Mitt Romney's presidential campaigns; and former Rep. Susan Molinari, who delivered the keynote address at the 1996 GOP convention.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/several-republicans-set-to-speak-at-dnc-monday-night

Lights, camera, action??

Offline Idiot

Re: Several Republicans set to speak at DNC on Monday night
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 05:56:15 pm »
Lights, camera, action??
Traitors all.....

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 06:01:35 pm »
Quite disappointed in Susan Molinari. Back in the day, I liked her a lot. Goes to show you never can tell, as Chuck Berry once said.

The others, no big surprise.
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 06:05:46 pm »
Quite disappointed in Susan Molinari. Back in the day, I liked her a lot. Goes to show you never can tell, as Chuck Berry once said.

The others, no big surprise.
I love your nickname @godblessRonaldReagan .  Just the mention of his name brings a smile to my face.  I got to hear him speak in Dallas at the RNC as a college student.  Of course as we were listening we were trying to figure out how we were going to get the Texas sign where the delegates sat, on our bus....lololol.

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 06:08:03 pm »
I love your nickname @godblessRonaldReagan .  Just the mention of his name brings a smile to my face.  I got to hear him speak in Dallas at the RNC as a college student.  Of course as we were listening we were trying to figure out how we were going to get the Texas sign where the delegates sat, on our bus....lololol.

You were lucky - wish I had seen him speak. He was one of a kind, and I miss him terribly.
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 06:17:49 pm »
The GOP 1.0'ers want their party back.

They ain't getting it back.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 08:42:37 pm »
Meg Whitman oversaw the laying off of 30K-35K HP employees during her time there as CEO (2011-2017). Much of it was the clean-up of past CEOs' mistakes, but I don't think any of her restructuring did anything toward making HP a technical power or leader in much of anything. I suspect she is not popular among former HP employees, though probably not as unpopular as Carly Fiorina.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online DB

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2020, 08:49:20 pm »
Meg Whitman oversaw the laying off of 30K-35K HP employees during her time there as CEO (2011-2017). Much of it was the clean-up of past CEOs' mistakes, but I don't think any of her restructuring did anything toward making HP a technical power or leader in much of anything. I suspect she is not popular among former HP employees, though probably not as unpopular as Carly Fiorina.

I guess they want to be loved in Techdom by fellow leftest. They certainly have no future in the Republican party.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2020, 08:58:54 pm »
Sour Grapes the whole lot of them.   Can't face the fact they are all obsolete and nobody cares about them.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2020, 09:00:01 pm »
I guess they want to be loved in Techdom by fellow leftest. They certainly have no future in the Republican party.

That's just it,  Democrats still hate them,  except maybe for tonight, but after that,  they don't give a crap about them.  Nobody respects a turncoat.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2020, 10:42:19 pm »
Sour Grapes the whole lot of them.   Can't face the fact they are all obsolete and nobody cares about them.
Past their use by date and starting to stink.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2020, 10:48:16 pm »
They are only "Republicans" because even the Democrats have standards and wanted nothing to do with them.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2020, 10:58:57 pm »
Four = several?

Okay FNC, if you say so.

BTW?  Kasich?  His legacy has been reduced to fruit chopping memes...

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2020, 11:04:55 pm »
The GOP 1.0'ers want their party back.

They ain't getting it back.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2020, 11:06:16 pm »
Four = several?

Okay FNC, if you say so.

:rolling:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2020, 11:07:14 pm »
Lights, camera, action??

Those are NOT republicans.  They are RINO'S...and might as well switch over.  USEFUL IDIOTS.  I have come to loathe Kasich.  His face just makes me want to SLAP HIM.  ALL DEMON-RATS LIKE ROMNEY.  Who do they think they are fooling? 
NOT ME. 

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2020, 11:16:12 pm »

Those are NOT republicans.  They are RINO'S...and might as well switch over.  USEFUL IDIOTS.  I have come to loathe Kasich.  His face just makes me want to SLAP HIM.  ALL DEMON-RATS LIKE ROMNEY.  Who do they think they are fooling? 
NOT ME.

Just goes to show, the deep state globalists are alive and well....

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2020, 11:20:33 pm »
Traitors all.....

Yes. Now we know.  They have zero ethics too.  Supporting the enemy.   9999hair out0000

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2020, 11:21:26 pm »
Just goes to show, the deep state globalists are alive and well....

:thumbsup:

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2020, 11:40:02 pm »
You were lucky - wish I had seen him speak. He was one of a kind, and I miss him terribly.

I was lucky enough to watch ever single night of the 1976 Republican convention.  It was a sight to behold.  Even though Ronald Reagan did not win, everybody KNEW he would be president some day. (As he said, "I shall rise and fight again")  I wish there had been video recorders in those days.  Sam Donaldson (?), ABC News actually threw his pencil in the air from shear frustration.  You can find 14 minute tape of what was more then 45 minutes online.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 11:53:51 pm by Texas Yellow Rose »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2020, 02:06:57 am »

NOT ME.
They serve a useful purpose for the Dems right where they are.
They will defect on a party line vote, or at least enough of them.
They also keep a Conservative from ever getting the Republican nomination for their office so long as they have name recognition at home with the LIVs in their red jurisdiction. And yep, the GOP has a herd who vote the brand without looking at the critters much, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2020, 02:16:49 am »
A bunch of soulless corporate hacks who would sell all your lives for a few bucks.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2020, 02:19:57 am »
A bunch of soulless corporate hacks who would sell all your lives for a few bucks.

:thumbsup:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2020, 02:22:27 am »
Four = several?

Okay FNC, if you say so.

Google ‘Kasich eating’. Guaranteed to gross you out.