Author Topic: White House, Trump campaign: Kamala Harris is eligible to serve as VP  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

White House, Trump campaign: Kamala Harris is eligible to serve as VP
Washington Times, Aug 16, 2020

Both the White House and the Trump campaign on Sunday said unequivocally that Sen. Kamala Harris is eligible to serve as vice president and blamed the media for fomenting unfounded questions about the issue.

“Yeah,” White House chief of staff Mark Meadows said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “This is not something that we’re going to pursue … y’all have spent more time on it than anybody in the White House has talking about this.”

Trump campaign senior advisor Jason Miller said it’s not something anyone on the campaign is talking about.

“In our opinion, it is case closed. End of story. And the only folks who keep bringing it up are the media,” Mr. Miller said on ABC’s “This Week.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/16/kamala-harris-eligible-serve-vp-white-house-and-tr/

Offline The_Reader_David

Re: White House, Trump campaign: Kamala Harris is eligible to serve as VP
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 09:27:16 pm »
Well, good.  Though various strains of "birtherism" will keep cropping up until a court, ideally the SCOTUS, issues a ruling making it clear that "natural born citizen" means the same thing as Blackstone's notion of "natural born subject", but applied to a republic, rather than a monarchy, rather than meaning the same thing as Vattel's "natives.

And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 10:48:40 pm »
Good.. Enough of the Birther BS.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 11:06:43 pm »
She's not eligible -- she has birthright citizenship -- both of her parents were NOT citizens at the time. 

But, so be it...there's know way that anyone is going to rule against a DEM on this.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 11:26:49 pm »
She's not eligible -- she has birthright citizenship -- both of her parents were NOT citizens at the time. 

But, so be it...there's know way that anyone is going to rule against a DEM on this.

She was born in America.. Case closed.. I hope this is last time we talk about this birther crap.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 11:31:31 pm »

Nope, can't blame the democrats here.  The Republicans/Conservatives retreated in 2008 with Obama and surrendered the issue in 2016 to protect Sen. Cruz ... a candidate born outside the US with one parent not a US citizen -- a double whammy.

The natural born citizen criteria for POTUS is dead .... and we helped kill it.   I offer our heartfelt apologies to our Founders.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2020, 11:35:49 pm »
That's it!  I'm done! 

No point in this Constitutionalist participating in this charade any longer!

I'll cast my vote for someone who actually believes in, and is willing to stand up for, the United States Constitution and none other!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 11:44:45 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2020, 11:36:50 pm »
Nope, can't blame the democrats here.  The Republicans/Conservatives retreated in 2008 with Obama and surrendered the issue in 2016 to protect Sen. Cruz ... a candidate born outside the US with one parent not a US citizen -- a double whammy.

The natural born citizen criteria for POTUS is dead .... and we helped kill it.   I offer our heartfelt apologies to our Founders.

WE did no such F'n thing! 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2020, 11:42:40 pm »
WE did no such F'n thing!

The Republican/Conservatives most definitely did.  The arguments for Ted Cruz's eligibility went on for months.

The most profound irony is constitutional republicans rallied around Cruz's natural born citizenship -- a foreign born citizen with only one American citizen parent at the time of his birth through his twenties -- because he was a constitutional republican.

It hurts my heart, too @Bigun  ...

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 11:47:33 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2020, 11:46:02 pm »
The Republican/Conservatives most definitely did.  The arguments for Ted Cruz's eligibility went on for months.

Go back and check those arguments @Right_in_Virginia!  See which side I came down on!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2020, 11:47:08 pm »

*****rollingeyes*****

The PA Supreme Court ruled that Cruz was eligible to run for President -- his mother was a U.S. citizen who was born in DE.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pennsylvania-supreme-court-rules-ted-cruz-is-eligible-to-run-for-president

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2020, 11:53:32 pm »
*****rollingeyes*****

The PA Supreme Court ruled that Cruz was eligible to run for President -- his mother was a U.S. citizen who was born in DE.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pennsylvania-supreme-court-rules-ted-cruz-is-eligible-to-run-for-president

But that is NOT the F'n standard!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2020, 11:58:18 pm »
Go back and check those arguments @Right_in_Virginia!  See which side I came down on!

I wasn't talking about you @Bigun  ... I was referring to the debate in general and the majority opinion.

As I said, on the Republican side this was a profound irony.  The Constitution was trampled by the majority opinion for one man --- by self-identified Constitutionalists --- because this one man was a self-proclaimed Constitutionalist.  I remember these debates well because I asked if one man was worth this and took holy hell for it.

But it's done, Bigun.  The argument is now settled.  And I am as upset as are you.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2020, 12:01:58 am »
I wasn't talking about you @Bigun  ... I was referring to the debate in general and the majority opinion.

As I said, on the Republican side this was a profound irony.  The Constitution was trampled by the majority opinion for one man --- by self-identified Constitutionalists --- because this one man was a self-proclaimed Constitutionalist.  I remember these debates well because I asked if one man was worth this and took holy hell for it.

But it's done, Bigun.  The argument is now settled.  And I am as upset as are you.

Are you? Really?  I SERIOUSLY doubt that!

Our Constitution isn't worth the paper it is written on when there is no longer anyone willing to stand up and fight for it! I will not be found guilty of that!

I do not intend to have to apologize to may ancestors in the hereafter, some of whom came here on the Mayflower, for my willingness surrender what they gave so much to give us!

« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 12:06:18 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2020, 12:04:17 am »
*****rollingeyes*****

Don't give a shit, sweetheart.  This is not the definition of a natural born citizen, the highest definition of citizen reserved for those seeking to be or in direct line to be POTUS.

Natural born requires the person be born of the soil (in the United States) AND born of the blood (of two American citizens).  Cruz met neither requirement.  But apparently he was worth surrendering this part of the Constitution because, well, because he's Ted Cruz.

This surrender will be paid for by out children.

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2020, 12:12:30 am »
Are you? Really?  I SERIOUSLY doubt that!

Yes, really @Bigun   I fought valiantly for years ... and bear the scars.

But the debate became specific to one candidate ... whether democrat or republican ... and the reasoning and genius behind the eligibility for POTUS became muddled and submerged in emotion on both sides of the political aisle.

We are now left with precedents that welcome any anchor baby and any new immigrant from any of the four corners of the word to the Oval Office --- the hub of US policy and history.

I'm heartsick, Bigun -- whether you believe it or not.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2020, 12:15:46 am »
Don't give a shit, sweetheart.  This is not the definition of a natural born citizen, the highest definition of citizen reserved for those seeking to be or in direct line to be POTUS.

Natural born requires the person be born of the soil (in the United States) AND born of the blood (of two American citizens).  Cruz met neither requirement.  But apparently he was worth surrendering this part of the Constitution because, well, because he's Ted Cruz.

This surrender will be paid for by out children.

The Naturalization Act of 1790 provided that "the children of citizens of the United States, that may be born beyond sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizen!

BTW -- so nice to see that you're back with your claws out and teeth clenched.  I wouldn't expect anything else.   :silly:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2020, 12:17:54 am »
Yes, really @Bigun   I fought valiantly for years ... and bear the scars.

But the debate became specific to one candidate ... whether democrat or republican ... and the reasoning and genius behind the eligibility for POTUS became muddled and submerged in emotion on both sides of the political aisle.

We are now left with precedents that welcome any anchor baby and any new immigrant from any of the four corners of the word to the Oval Office --- the hub of US policy and history.

I'm heartsick, Bigun -- whether you believe it or not.

Alright @Right_in_Virginia since I have no way of knowing what's in your heart I'll take your word for it.  And I'll assure you that YOU are not alone!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2020, 12:23:55 am »
The Naturalization Act of 1790 provided that "the children of citizens of the United States, that may be born beyond sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizen!

BTW -- so nice to see that you're back with your claws out and teeth clenched.  I wouldn't expect anything else.   :silly:

And if you have need of ANY legislation ever passed for your citizenship you are NOT a natural born citizen as the founders understood that term!

"No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, ..."

Article II, United States Constitution

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articleii

It is perfectly clear to me that the language in that sentence makes a distinction between a mere citizen and one that is "Natural Born" .

I am a natural born citizen of the United States owing to the fact that I was born here of parents (plural) who were citizens at the time of my birth.  Jus Soli AND Jus Sanguinis.  THAT is the standard!

And Kamali Harris doesn't even have ONE parent who was a citizen at the time of her birth!

I'm done!  Hope all of you surrender monkeys, and your children and grandchildren, enjoy being ruled by the grandson of  Mao Zedong or Pol Pot at some point in the future!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 12:36:15 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2020, 02:46:35 am »
The Whitehouse says she's qualified to be Vice President..... done deal.  Debate is dead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2020, 11:12:14 am »

The most profound irony is constitutional republicans rallied around Cruz's natural born citizenship -- a foreign born citizen with only one American citizen parent at the time of his birth through his twenties -- because he was a constitutional republican.

At least Ted had ONE American parent. Kamala might have been born here, but her parents were not citizens and were not even eligible to be naturalized at the time.

With that criterion, any visiting Saudi or Chinese Communist who gives birth could whelp a candidate for POTUS.

There is no way in Hell that is what the founders intended in the Constitution.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2020, 01:59:15 pm »
At least Ted had ONE American parent. Kamala might have been born here, but her parents were not citizens and were not even eligible to be naturalized at the time.

With that criterion, any visiting Saudi or Chinese Communist who gives birth could whelp a candidate for POTUS.

There is no way in Hell that is what the founders intended in the Constitution.

Yes, Cruz only had ONE parent who was an American citizen -- same with Obama.  Right or wrong and I am NOT saying that I agree, but precedent was set when Obama was allowed to be president.

Yes, in Kamel's case neither parent was a U.S. citizen. Rubio ran as well and neither parent was a citizen.  Again, precedent has been set.  NO.  It doesn't make it right.  I get that!

Until this is challenged and settled in court, this will continue.  However, the WH has already declared that she is eligible to run, so it's not going to be challenged.  Even IF it was, it is highly doubtful that SCOTUS will even take up the case.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2020, 02:01:46 pm »
Yes, Cruz only had ONE parent who was an American citizen -- same with Obama.  Right or wrong and I am NOT saying that I agree, but precedent was set when Obama was allowed to be president.

Yes, in Kamel's case neither parent was a U.S. citizen. Rubio ran as well and neither parent was a citizen.  Again, precedent has been set.  NO.  It doesn't make it right.  I get that!

Until this is challenged and settled in court, this will continue.  However, the WH has already declared that she is eligible to run, so it's not going to be challenged.  Even IF it was, it is highly doubtful that SCOTUS will even take up the case.
Well, shit, does Idi Amin have any surviving relatives? How about the Kims? Let's just let any sonofabitch in the stinking world have a go at it.

Committing a crime and getting away with it does not set precedent. Only contempt for the Law, especially the supreme law of the land by the people charged with "protecting and defending the Constitution" does.

Why lose the Republic when the people who supposedly defend it, "Conservatives", are willing to just give it away without a fight?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 02:05:20 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2020, 02:03:42 pm »

Until WE collectively rise up and put an end to it the erosion of the Constitution will continue unabated!  If that does not happen soon, it won't make a damned bit of difference either way!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2020, 02:10:28 pm »
Stop whining and take it to the SCOTUS and get a decision....