Author Topic: Gov. Kristi Noem rejects Trump's virus unemployment relief, citing healthy economy thanks to not loc  (Read 1075 times)

Online corbe

Gov. Kristi Noem rejects Trump's virus unemployment relief, citing healthy economy thanks to not locking down

by Andrew Mark Miller, Social Media Producer
August 15, 2020 10:34 AM

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem thanked President Trump for offering federal assistance to her state to mitigate damage from the coronavirus pandemic, but she said it’s not needed thanks to her state’s healthy economy.

“My administration is very grateful to @realDonaldTrump for the additional flexibility that the 'Lost Wages Assistance' would have provided, but South Dakota is in the fortunate position of not needing to accept it,” Noem, a Republican, tweeted Friday, followed by a thread explaining the various reasons why her state does not need the $400 weekly unemployment payments approved by Trump.

Noem added that South Dakota’s economy didn’t shut down over coronavirus fears, allowing the state to be in good shape.

“South Dakota's economy, having never been shut down, has recovered nearly 80% of our job losses,” Noem said. “We're the only state in the nation that didn't have extended unemployment benefits kick in because our insured unemployment rate has been the lowest in the nation."

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/gov-kristi-noem-rejects-trumps-virus-unemployment-relief-citing-healthy-economy-thanks-to-not-locking-down
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline AL

One sane state out of 50.  Seems we need to make some improvements.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I applaud the gesture too, but this is going to piss off some entitlement junkies anyway.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Refreshing development.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Pretty much.  We need drastic improvements and voting very carefully during primary season to hopefully nominate conservatives.  The problems still remains that there just aren't enough good solid conservatives running.  I thought DeSantis would make an excellent governor; I am thoroughly disappointed in him. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Noem has just jumped to the top of my list for 2024.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Noem has just jumped to the top of my list for 2024.

I was impressed with her speech @ Trump's Mt. Rushmore celebration and thought then that she would make a good president.  After the royal ringer the leftists idiots have put Trump through, I'm not so sure that anyone of her caliber is going to want to run.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I applaud the gesture too, but this is going to piss off some entitlement junkies anyway.

@catfish1957

It's going to piss off the entitlement management for sure. That's how they buy influence.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Rules!

@Free Vulcan

Sadly,she is way too pretty to get much of the national female vote.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Thank you, sir.

@Hoodat

Uhhhh,you need to go to a eye doc SOON!

That is definitely NOT a "Sir".

Offline EdinVA

So, where does the money go that Gov. Noem refused?  Back in the kitty to be doled out to liberal states?

Online Lando Lincoln

It seems she is the rare breed - a brave politician.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It seems she is the rare breed - a brave politician.

AND she is definitely a Natural Born Citizen of the United States who is quickly working her way onto my short list of people I would support for President in 2024.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

AND she is definitely a Natural Born Citizen of the United States who is quickly working her way onto my short list of people I would support for President in 2024.

It would be interesting for sure.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck