Author Topic: Some Questions for Kamala Harris About Eligibility | Opinion  (Read 5338 times)

Offline HuskyPatriot

Re: Some Questions for Kamala Harris About Eligibility | Opinion
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2020, 07:36:40 pm »
Welcome to TBR @HuskyPatriot  :beer:

When you say things here you can expect to be challenged so you had better be able to back up what you say with facts.

Hope you will take that as friendly advice because that IS how I intended it.

BTW: I once was a mod here but had to give it up due to a very low tolerance for dumbassery.  Just so you know.

Thank you @Bigun!!!   :patriot: Glad to be around and to be challenged.  We learn by reading and participating. New favorite word, "dumbassery"!   :beer:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2020, 07:39:23 pm »
New favorite word, "dumbassery"!   :beer:

Wha....   Someone said Beto? 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #127 on: August 18, 2020, 07:39:25 pm »
Thank you @Bigun!!!   :patriot: Glad to be around and to be challenged.  We learn by reading and participating. New favorite word, "dumbassery"!   :beer:

Indeed! I suspect that you and I are going to get along just fine @HuskyPatriot  888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2020, 07:40:39 pm »
The felling is mutual @Cyber Liberty  :beer:

:beer:

Just cleared 110F for gosh knows how many days in a row.  I think I might be going through beer a bit more quickly lately....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2020, 07:40:50 pm »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #130 on: August 18, 2020, 07:42:39 pm »

Just cleared 110F for gosh knows how many days in a row.  I think I might be going through beer a bit more quickly lately....

Easy solution...  time to make room in the Fridge for a small Keg..... :beer:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #131 on: August 18, 2020, 07:43:49 pm »

We actually got a little respit here. High 80s yesterday and low 90s today. Very unusual for this time of year.

But that has had no appreciable effect on the beer consumption rate.   :laugh:

And BTW: My spelling sucks!

« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 07:45:26 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #132 on: August 18, 2020, 07:47:12 pm »
We actually got a little respit here. High 80s yesterday and low 90s today. Very unusual for this time of year.

But that has had no appreciable effect on the beer consumption rate.   :laugh:

And BTW: My spelling sucks!

Here too.  69 this morning in SE Texas?  Actually had coffee out this morning with the birds.  Very rare in middle of August here.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #133 on: August 18, 2020, 07:48:14 pm »
Easy solution...  time to make room in the Fridge for a small Keg..... :beer:

The Castle Bar has a built-in Kegerator, which I recently upgraded to hold two 5-gallon kegs.

Blue Moon, at the moment.  I prefer Shock Top, but it's been scarce by the keg since the Rona hit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2020, 07:51:50 pm »
The Castle Bar has a built-in Kegerator, which I recently upgraded to hold two 5-gallon kegs.

Blue Moon, at the moment.  I prefer Shock Top, but it's been scarce by the keg since the Rona hit.

Quoting a former Briefer.......   "Top Notch!!!!!  The d-Backs tap handle is a nice touch too.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 07:52:39 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2020, 08:10:11 pm »
Quoting a former Briefer.......   "Top Notch!!!!!  The d-Backs tap handle is a nice touch too.

I saw that on Amazon while I was buying spare parts for the Kegerator, just had to have that tap handle!  It was a regulation MLB ball, drilled out.

I think that former Briefer was jealous that I have a full-sized bar in the Castle.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2020, 08:50:42 pm »
OK.  I was a bit sarcastic and playful I think. The person in question has an aggressive attitude, that I thought I was responding to in a light way.  But libertybele, I respect your opinion on this and will no doubt "see" you again somewhere here. I hope the person you're defending will respond in some way. I do enjoy this "room" and will no doubt get used to the type of banter used!!! Peace!  :cool:

Peace  :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2020, 05:52:13 am »
I guess I DID miss some of your posts!!! (My bad.) Let's settle this once and for all, but as mentioned folks are afraid to be non-PC and such! In the meantime.....  Illegal immigrants will still want their driver's licenses.  (A different thread but....)  Onward conservative warriors!!!   :patriot:
Fine, they can bring one from their country of origin!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2020, 11:33:42 am »
Fully agree, but why does this have to come up again as election distraction.  We've had 4 years to work the issue, and if this had been started then, SCOTUS would have decided by now....once and for all.

@catfish1957

It is already decided. Joe Biden is the new President. I know this because his wife,the "doctor" was on my teebee this morning giving a sales pitch for Joe,and he walked in front of the camera after she was finished and said "Hello,I am President Biden."

Since I know neither my teebee nor a career politician would ever lie to me,it must be true.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2020, 11:43:47 am »
Exactly -- but I don't expect this case to even be heard and if it is, I don't expect them to rule against here and it will set a huge precedent.

@libertybele   @Smokin Joe

It's irrelevant since neither of them is ever getting  to the Oval Office as anything but a guest. IF he "wins",he will immediately resign due to mental issues,and the DNC will install anyone (Hillary) they want.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2020, 11:56:35 am »
@libertybele   @Smokin Joe

It's irrelevant since neither of them is ever getting  to the Oval Office as anything but a guest. IF he "wins",he will immediately resign due to mental issues,and the DNC will install anyone (Hillary) they want.

Actually @sneakypete  KAmala would assume the Presidency and the DNC would choose the nominee for a Vice President to replace her.  A vote in the Senate to approve the nominee would be required. 

If fraud steals the election, my guess is by the end of the Q2 2021 we'll see President KAmala Harris and Vice President Susan Rice. 

***suicide***

« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 11:58:30 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2020, 12:09:37 pm »
Actually @sneakypete  KAmala would assume the Presidency and the DNC would choose the nominee for a Vice President to replace her.  A vote in the Senate to approve the nominee would be required. 

@Right_in_Virginia

NOT if he is incapacitated due to health reasons before he is sworn in. IIRC,the Constitution states there is a time line that MUST be followed,and there won't be enough time to hold another election,and UNTIL he is sworn in,he is NOT the President.

« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2020, 12:15:46 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

NOT if he is incapacitated due to health reasons before he is sworn in. IIRC,the Constitution states there is a time line that MUST be followed,and there won't be enough time to hold another election,and UNTIL he is sworn in,he is NOT the President.

They're going to go the 25 Amendment route @sneakypete   Biden's going to resign with honor ... whether Jill wants it or not.

Harris moves up immediately.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 12:43:39 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2020, 12:26:01 pm »
They're not going to go the 25 Amendment route @sneakypete   Biden's going to resign with honor ... whether Jill wants it or not.

As he suddenly and nobily becomes the spokesman for an Alzheimers cure.  I think the script is set. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2020, 08:00:15 pm »
They're going to go the 25 Amendment route @sneakypete   Biden's going to resign with honor ... whether Jill wants it or not.

@Right_in_Virginia

Nope. He is no more the President of the US than you or I until he is sworn in. If a President-elect resigns before being sworn in,the party he represents gets to pick his replacement.

« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2020, 08:06:26 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Nope. He is no more the President of the US than you or I until he is sworn in. If a President-elect resigns before being sworn in,the party he represents gets to pick his replacement.

I think they'll let him have the big party so he'll be sworn-in and then resign.

Let's hope we don't ever get to find out.  MAGA!   :yowsa:

@sneakypete

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2020, 08:29:23 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President-elect_of_the_United_States

President-elect succession

Scholars have noted that the national committees of the Democratic and Republican parties have adopted rules for selecting replacement candidates in the event of a nominee's death, either before or after the general election. If the apparent winner of the general election dies before the Electoral College votes in December the electors would likely be expected to endorse whatever new nominee their national party selects as a replacement. The rules of both major parties stipulate that if the apparent winner dies under such circumstances and his or her running mate is still able to assume the presidency, then the running mate is to become the President-elect with the electors being directed to vote for the former Vice Presidential nominee for President. The party's National Committee, in consultation with the new President-elect, would then select a replacement to receive the erstwhile Vice Presidential nominee's electoral votes for Vice President.

If the apparent winner dies between the College's December vote and its counting in Congress in January, the Twelfth Amendment stipulates that all electoral ballots cast shall be counted, presumably even those for a dead candidate. The U.S. House committee reporting on the proposed Twentieth Amendment said the "Congress would have 'no discretion' [and] 'would declare that the deceased candidate had received a majority of the votes.'"[6]

The words president elect appear four times in the Constitution, and they didn't appear until 1933, when the Twentieth Amendment, which contained a provision addressing the unavailability of the president elect to take the oath of office on Inauguration Day, was ratified.[1] Section 3 provides that if there is no president-elect on January 20, or the president-elect "fails to qualify", the vice president-elect would become acting president on January 20 until there is a qualified president. The section also provides that if the president-elect dies before noon on January 20, the vice president-elect becomes president. In cases where there is no president-elect or vice president-elect, the amendment also gives the Congress the authority to declare an acting president until such time as there is a president or vice president. At this point the Presidential Succession Act of 1947 would apply, with the office of the Presidency going to the speaker of the House of Representatives, followed by the president pro tempore of the Senate and various Cabinet officers.

Horace Greeley is the only presidential candidate to win pledged electors in the general election, and then die before the presidential inauguration; he secured 66 votes in 1872 and succumbed before the Electoral College met. Greeley had already clearly lost the election and most of his votes inconsequentially scattered to other candidates. The closest instance of there being no qualified person to take the presidential oath of office on Inauguration Day happened in 1877, when the disputed election between Rutherford B. Hayes and Samuel J. Tilden was decided and certified in Hayes' favor just three days before the inauguration (then March 4). It might have been a possibility on several other occasions as well. In January 1853, President-elect Franklin Pierce survived a train accident that killed his 11-year-old son. Four years later, President-elect James Buchanan battled a serious illness contracted at the National Hotel in Washington, D.C., as he planned his inauguration. Additionally, on February 15, 1933, just 23 days after the Twentieth Amendment went into effect, President-elect Franklin D. Roosevelt survived an assassination attempt in Miami, Florida. The amendment's provision moving inauguration day from March 4, to January 20, would not take effect until 1937, but its three provisions about a president-elect went into effect immediately.[1] If the assassination attempt on Roosevelt had been successful then, pursuant to Section 3 of the amendment, Vice President-elect John Nance Garner would have been sworn in as president on Inauguration Day.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2020, 06:33:56 am »
I think they'll let him have the big party so he'll be sworn-in and then resign.

Let's hope we don't ever get to find out.  MAGA!   :yowsa:

@sneakypete

@Right_in_Virginia

If they do that,Kamala gets sworn in as President,not the insider they have picked. I am GUESSING their pick will be a long-time US political figure known by all. Somebody all the insiders are used to working with,and know can be trusted to follow their agenda instead of upsetting the apple cart. Somebody like,Chuckie Schumer. Not necessarily him,but someone LIKE him that is an insider they all trust.

They are going to need someone like that to "soft sell" the fascist take-over of America without new riots breaking out.

Maybe someone like a former Sec or State and former US Senator?

Maybe even a woman?

Know anybody like that?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 06:37:08 am by sneakypete »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2020, 06:30:19 pm »

If fraud steals the election, my guess is by the end of the Q2 2021 we'll see President KAmala Harris and Vice President Susan Rice. 

***suicide***

On this probability I couldn't agree with you more!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2020, 10:49:17 pm »
Actually @sneakypete KAmala would assume the Presidency

@Right_in_Virginia

HOW would this be possible without both she and and Slow Joe being sworn in first?

You DO understand there is a period of time between the election ending and the new President and VP being sworn in,right?