Author Topic: Nonprofit mails 587,638 erroneous absentee ballot applications to Virginia voters  (Read 170 times)

Online Hoodat

Nonprofit mails 587,638 erroneous absentee ballot applications to Virginia voters

Graham Moomaw   |   August 6, 2020

A misunderstanding of Virginia’s independent cities and counties apparently led a nonprofit voter registration group to mail 587,638 absentee ballot applications to Virginia voters that asked them to send the ballot back to the wrong election office.

The Center for Voter Information said the mishap was an honest mistake mainly affecting voters in a handful of localities that share a name: including Fairfax city and Fairfax County, Richmond city and Richmond County, Roanoke city and Roanoke County, and Franklin city and Franklin County.

~snip~

The mass mailing, which involved more than 2.2 million pre-filled absentee ballot applications statewide, sowed confusion for many voters and local election officials, who quickly sought to inform voters it was not coming from an official government source.  .  .  .

https://www.virginiamercury.com/2020/08/06/nonprofit-mails-587638-erroneous-absentee-ballot-applications-to-virginia-voters/

There are two takeaways here.  First, this effort is being driven by people who do not live in the Commonwealth and are unfamiliar with the rudimentary division between county and city.  Secondly, these applications are pre-filled.  Which means that each ballot will be sent to a predetermined location for each applicant name.  So someone could submit an application on your behalf to be sent to any address other than your home address.  The ballot can then be filled out and signed weeks before the election.  And when you show up on election day to vote, your vote is rejected since their records show you already voted.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline rustynail

They meant well so we must count every vote.

Offline Victoria33

@Hoodat

"...pre-filled absentee ballot applications statewide, sowed confusion for many voters and local election..."

I have already written about this.  It is not against the law for a group or candidate to send "applications for mail ballots" to voters.  I explained this also happened in Texas one year.  The group who sent the applications did not provide the correct information and places for signatures.  I called the Director of Elections for our state and she contacted all counties informing them these faulty applications were coming in and to void them and send a legal application to that voter.

"Pre-filled out".  That means the person's name/address was on the application.  It would not matter if it also shows the candidate's name who sent the application.  Remember, an application is not a ballot.  It is a request to get a ballot.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
56 POTUS elections in this country's history, and we devolved to this?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.