Author Topic: Biden Touts Catholic Faith A Month After Vowing To Crack Down On Nuns  (Read 144 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden Touts Catholic Faith A Month After Vowing To Crack Down On Nuns
August 10, 2020 By Elle Reynolds

The Democratic National Convention’s Twitter account posted a video touting Biden’s Catholic background on Sunday, exactly one month after Biden vowed to strip a group of nuns of their right to refuse providing contraceptives that violate their Catholic beliefs.

In the minute-long clip, Biden talks about meeting a group of nuns in St. Peter’s Basilica, saying they “epitomize everything…about generosity to other people, about reaching out, about making it a point to understand that we are our brother’s keeper.”

“That’s what, in my experience, being raised as a Catholic and being educated by the nuns, that’s what those lovely women I’m talking to symbolize to me,” he continued, punctuated by soft music and footage of Biden with the Pope and with smiling nuns.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/10/biden-touts-catholic-faith-a-month-after-vowing-to-crack-down-on-nuns/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Biden Touts Catholic Faith A Month After Vowing To Crack Down On Nuns
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 03:24:04 pm »
Having once been a Catholic, I can tell you American Catholics in particular are notorious for picking and choosing which precepts to obey and which to ignore.  This is particularly true in the area of contraception and abortion.  We've already seen Nancy Pelosi embrace abortion and there have been many others.  The clergy, from the Pope on down, turn a blind eye to this -- I suppose because membership in the church has dwindled over the years and they want to hold on to as many members as they can -- for the donations, of course. 

The Little Sisters of the Poor have already won their battle -- twice.   Why persecute them again?  I guess the nuns don't mean all that much to Biden after all. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 04:23:58 pm by Applewood »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Biden Touts Catholic Faith A Month After Vowing To Crack Down On Nuns
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 04:12:12 pm »
Biden is a Catholic?  Well shucks, he got my vote.

I mean really, to use an expression from his prior contender, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES THAT MAKE?  None, absolutely none.

Abortion in  the USA is mass genocide, and it has been directed at what Margaret Sanger deemed the undesirables.  It is a dark and despicable chapter in our history.

The Trump Tsunami is coming in November.  And it will end all this idiocy for four years.