Author Topic: BREAKING: DonaldTrump approves payroll tax credit for those making under $100k until the end of the  (Read 1447 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Benny
@bennyjohnson
·
8m
BREAKING: President Trump is signing an Executive Order providing a Payroll Tax Holiday for Americans making less than $100,000 a year.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Cardillo
@johncardillo
·
4m
This presser is @realDonaldTrump
 trusting HIS instincts, and not the closet Dems and Never Trumpers around him.

BIG win.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lee Zeldin
@RepLeeZeldin
·
3m
The President is absolutely correct that the Dems’ inappropriately named “Heroes Act” includes:

-stimulus checks to illegal immigrants

-mass prison release

-nationwide ballot harvesting

-voter ID ban throughout the US

...and some other terrible ideas that must be rejected!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The White House
@WhiteHouse
·
9m
US government account
"We have repeatedly stated our willingness to immediately sign legislation providing expanded unemployment benefits, protecting Americans from eviction, and providing additional relief payments to families.

Democrats have refused these offers."
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram
·
8m
Trump says his exec order will provide an extra $400 in jobless benefits. States will have to provide $100 of that. This is down from $600 approved in March. “We’re doing this all without the Democrats.”
Support the USO

Offline Idiot

The guy has nads of steel.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Red Nation Rising
@RedNationRising
·
3m
Meet Paula Reid, the triggered selfish journalist who refused to stop asking questions and ultimately ended the press conference.

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Matt Couch
@RealMattCouch
·
8m
This idiot on Fox News saying that people really need the extra $600 per week on top of their normal unemployment draw instead of the $400 the President authorized, are MORONS..

I have COUNTLESS friends who own restaurants who can't get anyone to go back to work.. FACTS
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alex Salvi
@alexsalvinews
·
11m
BREAKING: Pres. Trump says he will sign multiple executive actions to provide relief to financially struggling Americans after talks break down on Capitol Hill:

-Cut taxes for workers
-Extend unemployment at reduced rate
-Renew evictions moratorium
-Defer student loan payments
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

I think this is going to be a fiasco.  Congress still has the power of the purse strings and Pelosi has stated that he just can't move that much money around.  Trump states that he'll probably get sued.    This e.o. apparently has nothing to do with the stimulus.  It includes exemptions from evictions, but what about the mortgage companies and banks and people who own rentals that are dependent on the income from the rentals???

Trump orders $400-per-week unemployment payments amid COVID crisis, hits Dems for stonewalling

President Trump signed four executive orders Saturday aimed at delivering relief to Americans struggling with the economic fallout of the coronavirus while accusing Democrats of stonewalling greater aid.

Trump announced a $400-per-week supplemental unemployment payment to out-of-work Americans -- short of the $600 weekly benefit that expired in the end of July. He unveiled a payroll tax holiday to Americans earning less than $100,000 through the end of the year, an extension of student loan relief to the end of the year and protections from evictions.

Trump blamed Democrats for the coronavirus deal stalemate in Congress and said he'd take matters into his own hands.

"Democrats are obstructing all of it," Trump said. "Therefore I'm taking executive action ...and we're going to save American jobs and provide relief to the American workers.".........

.............Because of provisions in the Constitution that grant the legislative branch spending power, the White House can't just pull hundreds of billions out of the ether without Congressional approval.

But the Trump administration believes it has access to $140 billion which it can “reprogram.” That includes $80 billion in untapped money from the big coronavirus bill signed into law in March and $40 billion from the Disaster Relief Fund.

The White House believes it can divert some of this funding without congressional blessing, similar to how Trump in 2019 declared a national emergency at the border with Mexico to shift billions of dollars from the Pentagon budget to help pay for a border wall.

Pelosi and Schumer earlier this week expressed skepticism about Trump's executive powers."You can't move that much money," Pelosi said. "We're talking about a major investment...............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-to-sign-coronavirus-relief-executive-orders-saturday-to-help-unemployed-americans-renters
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 09:30:56 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline montanajoe

If I ever hear another "Trump/GOP Conservative" complaining about EO's I'll just assume they are idiots and discount anything they say...  :shrug:

Offline LegalAmerican

The guy has nads of steel.

Yes, and I love him for that, as do a lot of other people!   

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
If I ever hear another "Trump/GOP Conservative" complaining about EO's I'll just assume they are idiots and discount anything they say...  :shrug:

Lindsey Graham with the STRONG rebuke of this executive overreach:
 â€œI appreciate the President taking this decisive action but would much prefer a congressional agreement,” Graham wrote. “I believe President Trump would prefer the same.”

That's too rough, Lindsey! Don't hurt him!  :silly:

"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Ungh...I think I'm ready for the inevitable end here...just lube those presses and get it over with already.

Just damn.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline libertybele

I think that the DEMS are going to sue him over this and they will eventually get whatever they want -- the courts have pretty much continually ruled in their favor.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Pres. Trump "TRUMPED" them.

After 8 years of King Obama Decrees, in this current war environment?

Gotta love it. 

Especially once people start to see how much is taken out of the checks when the EO is rescinded/revoked.   Talk about getting the Genie back in the bottle.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

Pres. Trump "TRUMPED" them.

After 8 years of King Obama Decrees, in this current war environment?

Gotta love it. 

Especially once people start to see how much is taken out of the checks when the EO is rescinded/revoked.   Talk about getting the Genie back in the bottle.   :laugh:

IF he isn't challenged in court and his e.o. actually goes through...yes...it will be a feather in his cap.. I don't see Pelosi and Chuckie allowing this to succeed.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
IF he isn't challenged in court and his e.o. actually goes through...yes...it will be a feather in his cap.. I don't see Pelosi and Chuckie allowing this to succeed.

Chuckie already said they will sue..I am sure by Monday they will find a judge to stop it..that's how they operate..
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

Chuckie already said they will sue..I am sure by Monday they will find a judge to stop it..that's how they operate..

Exactly.  The MSM is already spinning the news and trying to sway public opinion.  This will probably come back to bite Trump but I also think it's a gamble on the part of the DEMS if they challenge this.

Trump attempts to wrest tax and spending powers from Congress with new executive actions

However, they are also stating that the e.o. is to provide $400 in weekly unemployment aid for millions of Americans whose $600 in weekly benefits expired last month. Trump said 25 percent of this money would be paid by states, many of which are already dealing with major budget shortfalls and have pleaded with Congress for more aid. The federal contribution would be redirected from money at the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-attempts-to-wrest-tax-and-spending-powers-from-congress-with-new-executive-actions/ar-BB17JjQI?li=BBnb7Kz

Offline bilo

I think that the DEMS are going to sue him over this and they will eventually get whatever they want -- the courts have pretty much continually ruled in their favor.

I believe he does have the authority to suspend collection of payroll taxes and he can suspend evictions of govt. housing and not collecting student loans, but he probably loses on the unemployment insurance.

In any case, the Rats will find it a pyrrhic victory.

Trump shows he's trying to help people, while the Rats show they only care about themselves. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Applewood

I believe he does have the authority to suspend collection of payroll taxes and he can suspend evictions of govt. housing and not collecting student loans, but he probably loses on the unemployment insurance.

In any case, the Rats will find it a pyrrhic victory.

Trump shows he's trying to help people, while the Rats show they only care about themselves.

Trump is actually helping himself get re-elected,  Neither party really cares about the people.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 12:28:14 am by Applewood »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham says he appreciates Trump orders, but 'would much prefer a congressional agreement'
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/511190-graham-appreciates-trump-orders-but-would-much-prefer-a-congressional
Support the USO

Online DB

Not the right way to spend money...

The optics are bad for the Dems. Trying to stop Trump from handing out more free money...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

Trump’s political masterstroke [UPDATED]
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/08/trumps-political-masterstroke.php

"The obvious displeasure of The Washington Post is further evidence that Trump has made a smart political move."

Let's hope this ends favorably.