Author Topic: ‘I am not going to beg’: De Blasio won’t plead for the ultra-rich to return to NYC  (Read 313 times)

rangerrebew

‘I am not going to beg’: De Blasio won’t plead for the ultra-rich to return to NYC

New York Daily News | Aug 8, 2020 | News | 0

Mayor de Blasio couldn’t care less if wealthy people leave the city for good because of the coronavirus pandemic, telling reporters on Friday that he won’t bend over backward for the one percent to return to NYC.

In a briefing from City Hall, de Blasio for a second day in a row sneered at Gov. Cuomo’s suggestion that the Big Apple’s ballooning deficit can only be bridged if rich people who fled at the outset of the pandemic come back and start paying taxes again.

“Let’s focus on working people. Let’s focus on the millions upon millions of people who are the backbone of New York City,” de Blasio said. “I am not going to beg anybody to live in the greatest city in the world.”

https://www.gopusa.com/?p=93098?omhide=true

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Bet the store and restaurant owners in the City can't hardly wait until his term is up next year.

And he is confusing the 1% of votes with the 50% of the revenues it brings.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 01:14:58 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I sailed wrote:
"Bet the store and restaurant owners in the City can't hardly wait until his term is up next year."

New York City'er's elected him mayor.
Not once, but... TWICE.

A Fishrrman not-too-fearless prediction:
The NEXT mayor of New York City may be as bad as deBlasio.
Or... WORSE.
(I would enjoy being proven wrong on this one)

Online rustynail

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
In Blasio's warped Communist vision, driving out the 1% is a good thing. He hates them anyway, even though he is one of them. He claims to represent "the working people", but he has crushed them ten times more than he has hurt his declared enemy, i.e., wealthy people.

Like most Communists, he is a delusional, irrational, fool. He would tear down all of America if he could. New York City is just his starting point.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

I'll venture to say that he couldn't pay people to move back.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I bet he begs for it twice a year. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.