Author Topic: Mnuchin rejects $2T coronavirus stimulus offer from Democrats: 'That's a non-starter'  (Read 292 times)

Offline EdinVA

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin rejected an offer from Democratic leaders for a roughly $2 trillion coronavirus relief package amid growing concerns that negotiations between the two parties are on the brink of collapsing.
"That's a non-starter," Mnuchin said Friday.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi proposed the $2 trillion price tag during a closed-door meeting on Thursday, an attempt to reconcile the two party's drastically different aid proposals. Democrats offered to reduce their $3.4 trillion aid package by $1 trillion if Republicans would agree to raise their estimated $1 trillion proposal by the same amount.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/mnuchin-rejects-2t-coronavirus-stimulus-offer-from-democrats-thats-a-non-starter

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Excellent!  Best news I've heard all day!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Good for him.

Mnuchin knows the piggy bank is already emptied.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington