Author Topic: Cuomo begs wealthy New Yorkers to come back to save the city and pleads 'I'll buy you  (Read 337 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cuomo begs wealthy New Yorkers to come back to save the city and pleads 'I'll buy you a drink!' as he fights off calls to raise their taxes - which he fears may scare them away forever

Cuomo said on Tuesday that he speaks to the city's wealthiest residents 'every day', begging them to come back
    Many fled for the Hamptons, upstate New York or Connecticut when the pandemic hit
    By May, at least 420,000 of the city's wealthiest residents had fled the city 
    Their exodus was cemented when riots and looting tore through the city in June
    Now, there are calls for higher taxes on the super wealthy to offset the projected $30billion deficit New York is facing over the next two years
    Cuomo is resisting it, saying it will only drive the billionaires out of the city for good
    He is furious that there remains no national plan to tackle COVID-19, and says the ongoing catastrophe in other states is holding New York back 
    Crime is up in New York City with a shocking 286% in robberies on the Upper East Side alone, shootings have gone up and arrests have halved
    The NYPD lost $1billion from its budget in the wake of the BLM movement 

By Jennifer Smith For Dailymail.com

Published: 08:57 EDT, 5 August 2020 | Updated: 17:07 EDT, 5 August 2020

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8595717/Cuomo-begs-wealthy-New-Yorkers-come-save-city-Ill-buy-drink.html
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 12:09:08 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Incompetence has consequences.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Is he covering the mandatory meal to go along with that drink? It'll have to be more than chicken wings, you know...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DB

"BLM movement" probably shouldn't be phrased that way...

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So predictable.

Now there will be more begging for federal money, meaning Cuomo is coming after yours and mine.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
With crime up , of course people are fleeing. I don’t blame them. I’d rather live in the country or the mountains.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline PeteS in CA

"Come be plundered and I'll buy you a beer!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
But...but...I want a Big Gulp! :silly:

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...? **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
What an idiot.   Folks will come back when the status quo ante returns.  It's not that difficult.   Allow commerce to thrive and keep a lid on crime.  Giuliani and Bloomberg did it for years.

NYC is led by a Marxist martinet and the state is governed by an arrogant to-the-manor-born pol whose policies in the immediate wake of the COVID crisis were uniquely disastrous.

Nothing is inevitable.  We choose those will lead us.  Giuliani then, DeBlasio now.   A peaceful, vibrant NYC was just a short time ago.   The difference is leadership. Now Cuomo is reduced to begging the productive folks his policies abuse to stay.  Pathetic.  As for DiBlasio, may he choke on his own vomit.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 10:21:01 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide