Author Topic: Judge rules Adam Schiff's impeachment subpoena records can stay secret  (Read 768 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judge rules Adam Schiff's impeachment subpoena records can stay secret
by Jerry Dunleavy, Justice Department Reporter |
 | August 03, 2020 11:59 AM

A district court ruled the still-secret subpoenas issued for a host of call records made public by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff during last year’s impeachment investigation of President Trump can remain concealed from the public.

Judicial Watch, a conservative watchdog group, filed a lawsuit in December against Schiff and his committee seeking access to “the controversial subpoenas issued for phone records,” including those of Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani. Judicial Watch pointed out that Schiff’s impeachment report included “the publication of the private phone records of Giuliani, Congressman Devin Nunes, journalist John Solomon, Trump attorney Jay Sekulow, attorney Victoria Toensing, and other American citizens.”

But last week, Chief Judge Beryl Howell of U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia ruled that Judicial Watch “has no right to demand disclosure of the requested subpoenas and responses thereto issued by HPSIC in connection with the impeachment inquiry of the President, and the Speech or Debate Clause of the Constitution provides immunity from suit to defendants.”

“Absolutely no allegation is made — and no evidence suggests — that HPSCI or its chairman acted ultra vires or in a manner contrary to the U.S. Constitution or a statute in issuing the subpoenas at issue, or receiving the responses thereto, in connection with the impeachment inquiry,” the judge ruled. “Here, the requested subpoenas were issued as part of HPSCI’s investigative effort and such issuance, though undeniably a form of Committee action, was so preliminary to any final recommendation that this action lacks the legal significance to constitute a ‘public record.’”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/judge-rules-adam-schiffs-impeachment-subpoena-records-can-stay-secret
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Judge rules Adam Schiff's impeachment subpoena records can stay secret
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 10:03:51 pm »
Obama Judge.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 10:07:56 pm »
Obama Judge.

Of course!  They planned this well.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 10:09:24 pm »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 10:17:11 pm »

I don't know if they planned it but they certainly had a plan to cover up the deception.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dancer

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 06:27:33 am »
They did, I'll give them that.  They've been setting up this Globalist/NWO takeover for decades.
All departments are filled with them.  I'm no Mitch fan, but I will give him credit for getting new Judges in.  Looks like we have a ways to go.  Activist justices are continually sticking their noses where they don't belong.