Author Topic: Oklahoma City Thunder players kneel during anthem despite threat from GOP state lawmaker  (Read 785 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Oklahoma City Thunder players kneel during anthem despite threat from GOP state lawmaker
By Aris Folley - 08/02/20 08:40 PM EDT

Oklahoma City Thunder players took a knee during the national anthem ahead of their game on Saturday, one day after a state representative threatened to reexamine state benefits to the team if they did just that.

A number of players on their opponent team, the Utah Jazz, also kneeled, joining other teams and players that have done the same thing to protest racial injustice since the NBA restarted its season last week.

The move by Thunder players came just one day after Oklahoma state Rep. Sean Roberts (R) threatened the team against doing so on Friday, according to Oklahoma News 4.

“If the Oklahoma City Thunder leadership and players follow the current trend of the NBA by kneeling during the national anthem prior to Saturday’s game, perhaps we need to reexamine the significant tax benefits the State of Oklahoma granted the Oklahoma City Thunder organization when they came to Oklahoma,” Roberts said in a statement to the outlet.

He also reportedly labelled kneeling protests during the anthem as “anti-patriotic” and claimed the movement, meant to protest racism and police brutality, was disrespectful “to the American flag and all it stands for.”

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/510215-oklahoma-city-thunder-players-kneel-during-anthem-despite
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LegalAmerican

They ALL need to lose AMERICAN CITIZENSHIP.  I don't care if born here.  They do not love our country or flag or anthem.  They need to be stripped of their 'rights'.  They don't have to live here if they are that unhappy.  GHANA wants them to return to their ancestral lands. Instant citizenship there.  That they think, they are oppressed somehow is laughable.  I AM NOT A MILLIONAIRE IN AMERICA....and I love this country.  WHERE ELSE CAN THEY MAKE THIS KIND OF MONEY,  SO EASILY?  aholes.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Play stupid games Win stupid prizes!  I hope the NFL, MLB, and the NBA all go bankrupt!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

Play stupid games Win stupid prizes!  I hope the NFL, MLB, and the NBA all go bankrupt!

:thumbsup:

Offline Night Hides Not

They ALL need to lose AMERICAN CITIZENSHIP.  I don't care if born here.  They do not love our country or flag or anthem.  They need to be stripped of their 'rights'.  They don't have to live here if they are that unhappy.  GHANA wants them to return to their ancestral lands. Instant citizenship there.  That they think, they are oppressed somehow is laughable.  I AM NOT A MILLIONAIRE IN AMERICA....and I love this country.  WHERE ELSE CAN THEY MAKE THIS KIND OF MONEY,  SO EASILY?  aholes.

You don't know much about the First Amendment, do you?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.