Author Topic: Ted Cruz to Newsmax TV: Democrat, Republican Bills Won't Bring Jobs Back  (Read 2568 times)

Online libertybele

Ted Cruz to Newsmax TV: Democrat, Republican Bills Won't Bring Jobs Back

Texas Senator Ted Cruz on Newsmax TV ripped coronavirus stimulus bills proposed by Democrats and Republicans, calling them both misdirected and ill-equipped to get millions of Americans back into the job market.

"On Wednesday, I spent the entire day with the president, about seven hours on Air Force One. We flew to and from Midland Texas ... I spent a lot of that time ... talking with the president about how misguided both of these ridiculous bills are," Cruz told Friday's "The Chris Salcedo Show."

The Democrat bill, led by House Leader Nancy Pelosi (D) is worth $3.4 trillion and makes provisions for business owners in the cannabis industry.

"We don't have it. There's no money tree in Washington. There's no secret vault filled with cash. So that's $3 trillion that's either going to be printed or borrowed from China, neither one of which is good for our country or our kids and grandkids.

A $1 trillion bill was introduced by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell dials back the $600 a week federal supplement to unemployed workers, but Cruz said that doesn't help bring jobs back.............

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/tedcruz-stimulusbill-coronavirus-covid/2020/07/31/id/980051/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

LOL....how long as he been in public office?  MORE BALONEY TALK BY CRUZ.   What has CRUZ, done to bring back jobs?  Oh brother, we used to call this a SNOW JOB.  Why do people keep falling for it? 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What nobody's talking about...

The Corporate world is waiting to see what happens on November 3rd, because they trusted and believed in President Trump's policies regarding deregulation and tax burden/incentives to come back to the States to manufacture.

The Democrats will revoke everything Pres. Trump did.

Also, can anyone imagine what the stock market would do if Pres. Trump announced he's thinking of not running for reelection?

It's a gold-medal campaign spot!

Because the market wouldn't even move if Biden dropped out.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DB

LOL....how long as he been in public office?  MORE BALONEY TALK BY CRUZ.   What has CRUZ, done to bring back jobs?  Oh brother, we used to call this a SNOW JOB.  Why do people keep falling for it?

Printing money and paying people not to work IS destroying jobs. The longer this goes on the more long term the damage is going to be.

That is a fact no matter what you think.

Offline LegalAmerican

What nobody's talking about...

The Corporate world is waiting to see what happens on November 3rd, because they trusted and believed in President Trump's policies regarding deregulation and tax burden/incentives to come back to the States to manufacture.

The Democrats will revoke everything Pres. Trump did.

Also, can anyone imagine what the stock market would do if Pres. Trump announced he's thinking of not running for reelection? :thumbsup:

It's a gold-medal campaign spot!

Because the market wouldn't even move if Biden dropped out.
:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

Printing money and paying people not to work IS destroying jobs. The longer this goes on the more long term the damage is going to be.

People are NOT being paid,  to NOT WORK. .  Make CHINA VIRUS..go away, and we all, will be back to normal.  Get your DEMON-RAT MAYORS & GOVERNORS...to stop mandating masks, so people CAN'T shop & go into business's. Can't even get a hair cut!  My hair is getting long, but I have always trimmed it myself. 

ONLY DEMON-RATS MANDATE MASK WEARING POLICIES...TO DESTROY ECONOMY.  THAT IS THE ISSUE.

FACT?  Does not matter what either of us think, does it, except NOV. 3RD.   This is a temporary situation, with the VIRUS. I prefer tax dollars be spent on TAX PAYERS, if we are going down.  ILLEGALS are receiving "job" money too, besides all the welfare they receive.  WHY?  They are NOT TAXPAYERS, (1040) NOR CITIZENS. 

Hope my blunt style has not offended you, too much. It is part of my culture to be blunt & none P.C.     LIKE POTUS!  :kisses2:  (Kisses for my POTUS)

Offline LegalAmerican

BTW;  To no one on here.
 I always find it annoying when POLITICIANS, spout the obvious....and then say something needs to be done.  DUH.  How 'helpful'.  Tell us the problem...no solution...

"IT IS RAINING & I FIND THE WATER TO BE WET. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE, OR ALL THINGS WILL BE....WET". 

Online DB

People are NOT being paid,  to NOT WORK. .  Make CHINA VIRUS..go away, and we all, will be back to normal.  Get your DEMON-RAT MAYORS & GOVERNORS...to stop mandating masks, so people CAN'T shop & go into business's. Can't even get a hair cut!  My hair is getting long, but I have always trimmed it myself. 

ONLY DEMON-RATS MANDATE MASK WEARING POLICIES...TO DESTROY ECONOMY.  THAT IS THE ISSUE.

FACT?  Does not matter what either of us think, does it, except NOV. 3RD.   This is a temporary situation, with the VIRUS. I prefer tax dollars be spent on TAX PAYERS, if we are going down.  ILLEGALS are receiving "job" money too, besides all the welfare they receive.  WHY?  They are NOT TAXPAYERS, (1040) NOR CITIZENS. 

Hope my blunt style has not offended you, too much. It is part of my culture to be blunt & none P.C.     LIKE POTUS!  :kisses2:  (Kisses for my POTUS)

Yes in fact they are.

There are people taking in more on unemployment benefits than what they earned when they worked. So many of those have chosen to not go back to work.

That is paying people not to work.

That is simply a fact.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Stopping lockdown culture is the only way to bring jobs back.

Anyone who thinks they can stop an airborne virus with social distancing has never farmed a tomato crop.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Anyone who thinks they can stop an airborne virus with social distancing has never farmed a tomato crop.

I have a few mator plants this year, but your reference goes over my head. Help me out here @jmyrlefuller. I am on the slow side occasionally.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online libertybele

Re: Ted Cruz to Newsmax TV: Democrat, Republican Bills Won't Bring Jobs Back
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 06:24:42 pm »

That was his point.  Printing money and paying people not to works IS destroying jobs.  The article states that Cruz traveled with Trump to TX and the ydiscussed that his insanity of the GOP and DEMS continuing to print money. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2020, 06:25:16 pm »
Yes in fact they are.

There are people taking in more on unemployment benefits than what they earned when they worked. So many of those have chosen to not go back to work.

That is paying people not to work.

That is simply a fact.

Exactly.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2020, 06:48:14 pm »
The only way to bring back this economy ... for real and for good ... is to reelect Donald Trump.  The market knows this, private sector business knows this and American workers know this.

Here's what the Senate can do to be helpful to this end:  As a united caucus send a bill over to Pelosi with two items:  A continuation of a reduced unemployment bonus of $300 a week through December --- a bonus that cancels immediately when a furloughed employee refuses an offer of reemployment.  Secondly, include retroactive coronavirus liability protection for business. intermediate incentives all around.

Let Pelosi spit on this and continue to insist on including Cannabis as a coronavirus approved treatment and blanket mail-out ballots.

In the meantime, forget refurbishing the damn FBI building and since the SC has cleared the way for the Trump administration to transfer funds from the Pentagon to the wall ... back and encourage the administration to just do it and advise Congress of the amount. 

Appear reasonable and committed to assisting workers and business return to life.... and expose Pelosi and Schumer for the lunatics they are.

Oh, and work, for once, to win a damn election.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 06:51:12 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2020, 06:48:16 pm »
in Gov. Orders All Citizens To Wear Masks Indoors.   (see how crazy demon-rat officials, are? Don't tell me that is not some mental disorder & control freak issues. Let the public decide what they want to do, or risks they want to undertake. The mask does not stop anything, expect oxygen to people. Even mask box says, will not stop VIRUS. DEMON-RATS ARE INSANE. )

Many people are stunned by the complete lack of scientific reasoning behind these measures, not to mention the complete disregard for the powers of state.

Georgette by Georgette

Outrageous. (Source: Tony Evers YouTube Screenshot)

In Wisconsin, the governor has ordered all citizens to wear masks indoors at all times, for the next 8 weeks. Forget what medical studies actually say about the effectiveness of ‘masks’ against respiratory infection, all citizens must be trained to follow the orders of their government masters. That way when the forced procedures come, dissidents (people who demand their rights under the law of God and the Constitution) will be the minority.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported:

Gov. Tony Evers is requiring all Wisconsin residents to wear face masks while indoors until the end of September.

The order issued Thursday takes effect Saturday and makes Wisconsin the 32nd state to require face coverings — a tool health experts say can substantially reduce transmission of the coronavirus, which can cause serious illness and death and has no vaccine.

[That is inaccurate. A number of studies over the past decade have disproven masks effectiveness for controlling the spread of a respiratory illness such as COVID, and many experts have argued that the cure already exists in the form of hydroxychloroquine.]

Evers took the step the same day Wisconsin saw more than 1,000 new cases of the virus — continuing an upward trend of infections in recent weeks.

Along with the new face mask requirement, Evers declared a new public health emergency in Wisconsin over rising cases of the virus — a move considered legally dubious by conservatives.

The orders could push Republican lawmakers, who successfully sued the governor in May over his stay-at-home order, to return to the state Capitol to block Evers — another showdown with the Democratic governor the senate’s majority leader said he is considering.

But Democratic lawmakers and Wisconsin bankers praised the order, saying it will help reverse a worsening outbreak in the state and provide uniform rules for businesses operating in different counties.

Evers said he decided to issue the orders as a way to get on top of a virus outbreak growing out of control in recent weeks.
vernor is issuing the statewide mandate after first maintaining he lacked the authority do so and then changing course, saying for weeks he was considering the idea but worried Republican lawmakers would take him to the Wisconsin Supreme Court again.

Under Evers’ order, face masks will be required for anyone age 5 or older while indoors except at a private residence. The order also applies to schools for the first few weeks of the school year if students return to classrooms.
Violating the order could result in fines of up to $200.
“We’ve said all along that we’re going to let science and public health experts be our guide in responding to this pandemic, and we know that masks and face coverings will save lives,” Evers said in statement. [Yeah, right.]

“While I know emotions are high when it comes to wearing face coverings in public, my job as governor is to put people first and to do what’s best for the people of our state, so that’s what I am going to do.”

A number of exceptions were in the order, including for members of the Legislature and the state judiciary.

Exceptions to the mandate

Exceptions also are made for eating and drinking, for speakers at religious services and reporters delivering news reports, and for people who have breathing issues, among other reasons.

The governor’s face mask requirement takes effect the same day as the state Supreme Court’s liberal minority expands with the addition of Jill Karofsky, who was elected in April, and comes after former Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle and Democratic lawmakers said Evers should issue the mandate as soon as possible.
In a briefing with reporters, Evers downplayed the timing.

“It doesn’t have everything to do with it — the virus is the issue, not Jill Karofsky,” he said.

Assembly Speaker Robin Vos, R-Rochester, said there are constitutional questions about Evers’ new public health emergency and mask order but signaled he would not be suing the governor over them.

“I understand the necessity of doing all that we can to control the spread of COVID-19. We all know it’s serious,” Vos said in a statement. “Local governments have been responding appropriately and increasing precautionary measures as needed. But Wisconsin shouldn’t have a one-size-fits-all mandate.
Vos said a statewide mandate “doesn’t build public support when there are questions surrounding the metrics and the constitutionality of this mandate.”

He said legal challenges from “citizen groups” are likely coming.

Senate Republicans were more forceful, with Sen. Chris Kapenga of Delafield saying the caucus would be looking at options with their attorneys.

Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald of Juneau, who is running for Congress in the 5th District, said he is considering convening a floor session to block the new public health emergency.

“Masks are fine, but we don’t need statewide mandates telling us what to do,” Fitzgerald said in a statement. “Many people are wearing masks already. Municipalities have been making the decisions themselves on what best fits their regions.”

Fitzgerald’s comments came after three members of his caucus asked him to bring them back to the state Capitol to block Evers.

“Governor Evers actions today are nothing more than a political stunt to create a partisan fight with the Legislature. This is not about improving public health,” Sen. Steve Nass of Whitewater said in a statement.

Rick Esenberg, president and general counsel of the conservative Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty, said wearing a mask is “courteous and smart” but a pandemic doesn’t change legality.

“Governor Evers, quite simply, lacks the legal authority to declare a second public health emergency and require every citizen to wear a mask,” he said.

Emergency declarations issued by governors are good for 60 days. They can be extended or cut short by the Legislature. Lawmakers did not extend Evers’ first public health emergency declaration that was issued in March.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 06:56:29 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2020, 06:50:53 pm »
The only way to bring back this economy ... for real and for good ... is to reelect Donald Trump.  The market knows this, private sector business knows this and American workers know this.

Here's what the Senate can do to be helpful to this end:  As a united caucus send a bill over to Pelosi with two items:  A continuation of a reduced unemployment bonus of $300 a week through December --- a bonus that cancels immediately when a furloughed employee refuses an offer of reemployment.  Secondly, include retroactive coronavirus liability protection for business.  Incentives all around..

Let Pelosi spit on this and continue to insist on including Cannabis as a coronavirus approved treatment and blanket mail-out ballots.

In the meantime, forget refurbishing the damn FBI building and since the SC has cleared the way for the Trump administration to transfer funds from the Pentagon to the wall ... back and encourage the administration to just do it and advise Congress of the amount. 

Appear reasonable and committed to assisting workers and business return to life.... and expose Pelosi and Schumer for the lunatics they are.

Weed for VIRUS?  That is just to sedate THE PUBLIC from REAL FACTS.    I agree,  on all the above.  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2020, 06:53:31 pm »
Weed for VIRUS?  That is just to sedate THE PUBLIC from REAL FACTS.    I agree,  on all the above.  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

I kid you not about Pelosi's proposal: @LegalAmerican

Pelosi: Cannabis Is Related to COVID – It ‘Is a Therapy That Has Proven Successful’
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/07/31/pelosi-cannabis-is-related-to-covid-it-is-a-therapy-that-has-proven-successful/

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2020, 06:58:45 pm »

THIS, I can... high five!   :thumbsup:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2020, 06:59:46 pm »

Here's what the Senate can do to be helpful to this end:  As a united caucus send a bill over to Pelosi with two items:  A continuation of a reduced unemployment bonus of $300 a week through December --- a bonus that cancels immediately when a furloughed employee refuses an offer of reemployment.  Secondly, include retroactive coronavirus liability protection for business.  Incentives all around..

I picture timely, heartfelt Speech from the Oval Office with no pre-speech transcripts provided. 

Let them DARE to breakaway to the onhand panels.

He'll call out the Left/Anarchists with parallels of the Brownshirts in Germany... a piddly amount of people in sheer numbers that grew into The Third Reich.

It's that time, folks.  THAT is how important this election is.

...and I'll be damned if I'm going to lose my Republic because of 'Mail-in' ballots.

If Mary and Joseph road that donkey in the middle of winter to vote and pay taxes, then you can provide a valid government-issued photo ID when you vote your Covid-infected a$$ in PERSON.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2020, 07:03:42 pm »
Love this child.  I am looking for my DR. ERIC BERG. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2020, 07:15:22 pm »
I kid you not about Pelosi's proposal: @LegalAmerican

These demon-rats are so insane. Just when one thinks they can't get any worse, they TOP, their crazy again. They rise to the occasion. We used to have mental health clinics that were closed down in the 80's. This is the result.  They are all in demon-rat congress & on the streets rioting, destroying things. People of sound mind, can see though this. See below. Yes getting us stoned so we don't mind the lockdown.

17 hours ago
This is one crazy old lady. Trump brings up medicine that works and they go nuts, then they think getting stoned is the therapy we need.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2020, 07:57:35 pm »

:yowsa: You can sign me up for that as well!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2020, 11:45:02 pm »
I have a few mator plants this year, but your reference goes over my head. Help me out here @jmyrlefuller. I am on the slow side occasionally.
Late blight is a notorious tomato killer. It blows in on cold fronts. Alas, the crop of Roma tomatoes we grew this year got hit.

Tomato plants, of course, are stationary creatures. They don't go barhopping, rioting in the streets, going to church or school, watching sports or Broadway shows. They are literally firmly rooted in the same ground for their entire lives. And yet it doesn't protect them from an airborne infection like late blight, and although late blight is a fungus, they, like viruses, do not move on their own. Yet the wind carries it and there's very little one can do to stop it, even 180 years after its discovery. We've basically resorted to breeding resistant crops, which if we transferred that concept to humans would mean eugenics and/or genetic modification, both wholly unacceptable to most people.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2020, 01:02:29 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

The Dims know it,too.

That's the big reason they want Trump to fail. They NEED the economy to crash in order to be able to take control without the risk of being hanged for treason.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2020, 01:41:43 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

The Dims know it,too.

That's the big reason they want Trump to fail. They NEED the economy to crash in order to be able to take control without the risk of being hanged for treason.

QFT  @sneakypete