Author Topic: Trump in leaked conversation bragged about retweets for defending Confederate history  (Read 827 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump in leaked conversation bragged about retweets for defending Confederate history
By J. Edward Moreno - 07/31/20 02:46 PM EDT

President Trump boasted about the amount of retweets he received in a post saying that Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, assured him that military bases named after Confederates will not be changed.

“I had about 95,000 positive retweets on that. That’s a lot,” Trump told Inhofe on a phone call the senator put on speaker while dining at a Washington, D.C., restaurant Wednesday night, according to audio leaked to The New York Times.

Inhofe, 65, reportedly put the call on speaker so he could hear better, making the conversation audible to those seated at Trattoria Alberto, a small Capitol Hill eatery frequented by Republican lawmakers.

“We’re going to keep the name of Robert E. Lee?” Trump said.

Inhofe responded to Trump’s question by saying: “Just trust me, I’ll make it happen.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/510015-trump-in-leaked-conversation-bragged-about-retweets-for-defending-confederate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Offline skeeter

Good. Make me want to vote for him even more.

Offline libertybele

The Confederate army IS part of our history.  Trying to erase that part of our history is absurd. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Perhaps he will dedicate a 'confederate hero and flag' in his promised statutory park honoring American heroes.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Offline Right_in_Virginia

888high58888

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
O, I wish I was in the land of cotton
Old times there are not forgotten
Look away! Look away!
Look away! Dixie Land.

In Dixie Land where I was born in
Early on one frosty mornin'
Look away! Look away!
Look away! Dixie Land.

Chorus:
O, I wish I was in Dixie!
Hooray! Hooray!
In Dixie Land I'll take my stand
To live and die in Dixie
Away, away,
Away down south in Dixie!

Old Missus marry Will, the weaver,
William was a gay deceiver
Look away! Look away!
Look away! Dixie Land.

But when he put his arm around her
He smiled as fierce as a forty pounder
Look away! Look away!
Look away! Dixie Land.

Chorus:
Hooray! Hooray!
To live and die in Dixie
Away, away,

His face was sharp as a butcher's cleaver
But that did not seem to grieve her
Look away! Look away!
Look away! Dixie Land.
Old Missus acted the foolish part
And died for a man that broke her heart
Look away! Look away!
Look away! Dixie Land.

Chorus:
Hooray! Hooray!
To live and die in Dixie
Away, away,
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien