Author Topic: Slap in the face': Romney blasts troop withdrawal from Germany  (Read 1360 times)

rangerrebew

Slap in the face': Romney blasts troop withdrawal from Germany
by Zachary Halaschak, Breaking News Reporter |
 | July 29, 2020 01:30 PM

Sen. Mitt Romney called President Trump’s plan to reduce the number of U.S. troops in Germany a “grave error.”

The Utah Republican unleashed a scathing complaint after Defense Secretary Mark Esper announced on Wednesday that the Pentagon would start the process of pulling some 11,900 troops out of the country “within weeks.”

“The plan outlined by the administration today to remove thousands of U.S. troops from Germany is a grave error,” Romney said in a statement. “It is a slap in the face at a friend and ally when we should instead be drawing closer in our mutual commitment to deter Russian and Chinese aggression."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/slap-in-the-face-romney-blasts-troop-withdrawal-from-germany

Offline EdinVA

Re: Slap in the face': Romney blasts troop withdrawal from Germany
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 01:00:38 pm »
Not real crazy about the idea either but we shall see..

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 01:04:10 pm »

Question is, why has Trump decided to withdraw troops from Germany? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 01:07:55 pm »

What's the downside, as you see it @EdinVA ?

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 01:34:14 pm »
What's the downside, as you see it @EdinVA ?

@Right_in_Virginia

Concerned about the isolation creep...  Our troops represent us well everywhere they are and it is very difficult to "hate/distrust/pick a word" people that you are around.  We were all over the ME in the 70's, then we pulled out and we could not provide an alternative to the hate America speech being spewed around the ME..
We were fierce enemies with Japan but, I believe, we are really strong allies today, at least partially, because we have had bases there since the late 40's.
Just think back to the days of segregation.... easy to dislike/distrust those you know nothing about.
Worried more about the political rather than the military angle.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 01:38:15 pm by EdinVA »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 01:37:36 pm »
Right or wrong, this is all I ever see when Romney speaks.......

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 01:46:34 pm »
Slap in the face': Romney blasts troop withdrawal from Germany
by Zachary Halaschak, Breaking News Reporter |
 | July 29, 2020 01:30 PM

Sen. Mitt Romney called President Trump’s plan to reduce the number of U.S. troops in Germany a “grave error.”

The Utah Republican unleashed a scathing complaint after Defense Secretary Mark Esper announced on Wednesday that the Pentagon would start the process of pulling some 11,900 troops out of the country “within weeks.”

“The plan outlined by the administration today to remove thousands of U.S. troops from Germany is a grave error,” Romney said in a statement. “It is a slap in the face at a friend and ally when we should instead be drawing closer in our mutual commitment to deter Russian and Chinese aggression."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/slap-in-the-face-romney-blasts-troop-withdrawal-from-germany

@rangerrebew

Has this oxygen thief lost what little mind he had?

WHAT Chinese aggression?

Somebody needs to lead this cretin to a globe and point out how far away from Germany that China is,and all the "stuff" in the way,like other nations and continents.

Besides,the typical Chinese "Attack ship" is a cargo container ship,full of cheap Chinese crap.

As for the Russians,why the HELL would they want the Germany of today? They already have more Muslims than they want.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 01:48:21 pm »

@libertybele

No,the question is "Why would we risk young American lives and fortunes to protect a country from foreign takeover that pays them to come and live there?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 02:10:56 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Concerned about the isolation creep... 

Here's some more info on the troop movements @EdinVA

The U.S. military plans to move nearly 12,000 troops from Germany, relocate its major European headquarters to Belgium and send F-16 fighters to Italy to implement President Trump’s decision to shrink the U.S. military footprint in the NATO ally, Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Wednesday.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pentagon-to-detail-plans-for-u-s-troop-cuts-in-germany-11596026413

Elsewhere, an Air Force fighter squadron and support elements would move from Germany to Italy, while a group of 2,500 airmen who had been scheduled to shift from Royal Air Force Base Mildenhall, United Kingdom, to Germany will stay put, Esper said.

“Once Warsaw assigns a defense cooperation agreement and burden sharing deal as previously pledged, there may be other opportunities as well to move additional forces into Poland and the Baltics,” Esper added.

In that way, he explained, troop presence in Europe will more closely mirror the new Eastern front. When the U.S. first began basing troops in Germany to deter the Soviet Union, it was one of the farthest east allies to work with.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/07/29/thousands-of-troops-are-coming-home-from-germany-but-some-of-them-could-be-going-right-back/

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 04:05:06 pm »
@libertybele

No,the question is "Why would we risk young American lives and fortunes to protect a country from foreign takeover that pays them to come and live there?

Yes.  And Germany is delinquent billions of dollars to USA, for their PROTECTION from Russia, while they pay billions for Russian oil/gas.  Protect them from Russia and they do business with Russia!  OUT DATED PROTECTION. ROMNEY, THE NEW McCAIN TRAITOR.  I have come to loathe him!  I defended him once, against Obama.  He is a DEMON-RAT.  (Just switch over already,  you prk! )

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2020, 08:34:53 pm »

The last war is over! We really should plan for the next one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2020, 10:24:24 pm »
Yawanna know what's a slap in the face?  Romney caving in to that mental midget Candy Crowley in a Presidential Debate.   We all knew the election was thrown to the Lightworker at that moment, and I'll never forgive that little pinprick.

Hey, Mittens!  Tell us all about Bayonets!! The 80's are calling....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2020, 10:33:25 pm »
The last war is over! We really should plan for the next one!

QFT!  @Bigun

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2020, 10:37:16 pm »

Germany is not paying its fair share defense. 

President Trump is using the soldiers as chips, because the loss of the troops adversely affects the German economy.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2020, 10:45:19 pm »
Germany is not paying its fair share defense. 

President Trump is using the soldiers as chips, because the loss of the troops adversely affects the German economy.

Poland looks better for deployment.  It'll drive the Rooshins batschitt! 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2020, 11:09:40 pm »
The only issue I see in substantially reducing our presence in Germany is we have a lot of infrastructure there such as medical facilities that will be lost.

On the other hand Germany has been sticking it to us for quite some time. Let them pay their own way.

Offline DB

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2020, 11:11:15 pm »
Poland looks better for deployment.  It'll drive the Rooshins batschitt!

Maybe we should just build ourselves a nice island in the South China sea and put a big base on it...

Offline Absalom

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2020, 12:13:35 am »
On April 4, 1816, in response to relentless opposition badgering, about the purpose of Britain's
Colonies, Henry Temple rose in Commons and said the following:
"We have neither eternal allies nor perpetual enemies; we simply have interests determined by circumstances and time, therefore as history changes both of them, so too will our interests change.
Lord Palmerston's powerful and wise words were the benchmark against which British Foreign Policy
was measured, till the end of the Reign of Victoria.
Two centuries later jackass Romney has his testicles in an uproar about a withdrawal from Germany.
Hmm............... so what was the purpose of our presence there (or anywhere else in the world, for that matter) in the first place?????
Suggest the political clowns and morons who yap relentlessly about foreign matters articulate the reason for our international presence as concisely and powerfully as Lord Palmerston did;
which took him less than two minutes and 30 words.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2020, 12:22:02 am »
I'm not happy about it...I'd much rather see an increase in the size of the military as a whole because of the emerging and established threats we're facing in the world.

And let's face it the ONLY reason Willard is "supporting" the troops is because Trump is calling for the reduction.

If Trump was calling for an increase...Willard would be against it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2020, 12:59:29 am »
I served one tour in Germany, my uncle and my superior served several tours in Germany.

Our mission there during the Cold War was to monitor the Soviets/East Germans, until we could mount our counter attacks.

My unit's role was a big arc of communications locations, spanning  over 1,000 kilometers, from  south to north(Stuttgart to Bremerhaven/Bremer). Highly secret crypto methodology.

The info and data would assist our NATO allies, to assist us.

To defund this system,, is foolish. It has kept Europe at peace, which was and remains the objective.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2020, 01:10:04 am »
I'm not happy about it...I'd much rather see an increase in the size of the military as a whole because of the emerging and established threats we're facing in the world.

And let's face it the ONLY reason Willard is "supporting" the troops is because Trump is calling for the reduction.

If Trump was calling for an increase...Willard would be against it.

:beer:  That's generally how he rolls.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.