Author Topic: Sen. Cruz: GOP and Democrat COVID Relief Bills Spend ‘Way Too Much Money,’ Don’t ‘Solve the Problem’  (Read 237 times)

Offline libertybele

Sen. Cruz: GOP and Democrat COVID Relief Bills Spend ‘Way Too Much Money,’ Don’t ‘Solve the Problem’

hen asked how many trillions of dollars should be in the new COVID-19 relief bill – the Republicans are talking $1 trillion, the Democrats want $3.4 trillion --  Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said that both proposals involve “spending way too much money” and would not “solve the problem.”

At the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday, CNS News asked Sen. Cruz, “Senate Republicans have said $1 trillion, Nancy Pelosi has said $3.4 trillion, how many trillion do you think should be in the new COVID relief bill?”

The senator responded, “I think both are spending way too much money. I think both proposals are failing to solve the problem. Instead of shoveling trillions more in spending from Washington, Congress should pass a recovery bill.”

“Our priority should be helping the millions of small businesses who are just now reopening, helping them survive, helping them thrive, helping them rehire the 44 million Americans who have lost their jobs, and neither bill focuses on that central concern,” Cruz said.

“What we should be doing is lowering taxes and repealing job-killing regulations that make it harder for small businesses to survive,” the senator continued. “Because until people are able to go back to work, the economic situation in our country is not turning around.”.............

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/washington/john-jakubisin/sen-cruz-gop-and-democrat-covid-relief-bills-spend-way-too-much
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Tried that Ted ..... the "science" doesn't support it.

What else have you got?

Offline LegalAmerican

I think TED...just need's to STFU!  How long has he been in office?  What has he solved? 

Offline LegalAmerican

Tried that Ted ..... the "science" doesn't support it.

What else have you got?

Ted gets on my last nerve.  lol.   9999hair out0000

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.