Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Trump tweets have 'coarsened discussion'  (Read 11401 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Ted Cruz: Trump tweets have 'coarsened discussion'
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2020, 06:03:10 am »
TBR members are not the topic of this thread. I am reopening the thread but please keep that in mind.

Is this one of those who died and made you god things?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2020, 06:06:47 am »
@TED Cruz is the perfect pick to replace RBG
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2020, 06:10:38 am »
I think a battle between Cruz and Pence would split the Conservative vote, and you'll get a Jeb... which would suit Turtle, and you can bet money Turtle would make that happen.

No, It would be unwise. Pence would do best to declare Cruz as VP candidate right off the bat and start singing to the TEA party.

A Pence/Cruz ticket is a natural TEA ticket.

uh huh

Perfect for throwing Tea into dry dock.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2020, 07:58:46 am »
Yes. Another virtue signal person.  Loathe that attitude.  I will NEVER vote for Ted Cruz...for anything.  Once someone shows you WHO they are, believe them.  I remember his underhanded action on Ben Carson & another candidate. Then said he didn't know about it. It got him MORE VOTES.  UNDER HANDED TECHNIQUE.  NOT HONORABLE.  Professional politician and people fall for it, all the time.  Every time.  I prefer coarse language to someone who lies all the time.
CNN gets the credit for what happened to Carson, a Cruz staffer saw their broadcast which erroneously had Carson dropping out and relayed that info.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2020, 11:30:54 am »
CNN gets the credit for what happened to Carson, a Cruz staffer saw their broadcast which erroneously had Carson dropping out and relayed that info.

Exactly.  Some people opt to ignore facts and their hatred for Cruz shines through as they proclaim that they will never ever vote for him, yet ironically he has been supportive of Trump. In this article Cruz proclaims and candidly points out that people are tired of the GOP doing nothing and Trump has backbone.  This article is publishing Cruz's response to a question asked in an interview about Trump and not that Cruz came out of the blue and made a statement about Trump -- some keep missing that boat.

Cruz is a constitutional conservative and one of the most conservative members in Congress that we have.  This country and the GOP could use quite a few more like Ted seated, but that's not going to happen because people keep voting in the same RINO's expecting a different result.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2020, 01:42:48 pm »
No.  He shows poor judgement.  Soccer balls and teddy bears on the border?  The mock oval office?  Cheating Ben Carson voters? Trying to upset the voting at the convention? Remember the crap he pulled with the "vote your conscience" speech?   Aligning with Cheeto face?  I think not.  No.  Leave him where he is.

Yet another succumbed to media lies and not understanding the RULES of the Republican party before they were illegally changed at the 2016 convention and drove this 40+ year activist in the Republican party out forever!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2020, 01:51:45 pm »

Yet another succumbed to media lies and not understanding the RULES of the Republican party before they were illegally changed at the 2016 convention and drove this 40+ year activist in the Republican party out forever!

Either people conveniently forget that fact, or aren't aware of what happened. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2020, 02:59:20 pm »
Either people conveniently forget that fact, or aren't aware of what happened.

@libertybele

I freely admit I don't kn.ow a single damn thing about it. Learned of it on this thread today for the first time
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2020, 03:07:02 pm »
@libertybele

I freely admit I don't kn.ow a single damn thing about it. Learned of it on this thread today for the first time

Previous to thew 2016 national convention, all conventions were held under the rules existing prior to the Convention coming to order. Any changes to the rules at a national convention applied to future conventions only.  That changed in 2016.

@sneakypete

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2020, 03:15:21 pm »
Previous to thew 2016 national convention, all conventions were held under the rules existing prior to the Convention coming to order. Any changes to the rules at a national convention applied to future conventions only.  That changed in 2016.

@sneakypete

While that may be unfair, it is clearly NOT illegal.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2020, 03:25:41 pm »

Semantics!  It was enough for me to leave the party I had labored in the vineyard for for more than 40years!  And I won't be coming back!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 03:27:02 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2020, 04:08:45 pm »

Perhaps not illegal, but the final results and vote count may have been different.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2020, 04:25:13 pm »
Explained this to you for almost 5 years.  Not gonna do it again.

He isn't very good at retail politics and hasn't proven himself a successful deal maker in the Senate.

Really?  Ask the Texas establishment GOP that he beat to get...then keep his seat.

As for the dealmaking stuff...you sound just like Turtle...the only other person than Trump that would love to put him in a place where he's not a threat to them.   

Good thing you never decided to be a professional political analyst for a career.  You'd have died broke.

This post  pointing-up  is chock full of snark and nothing else.  Why are you so desperately opposed to a constitutional conservative serving on the SC for 25 years helping to shape America's society and destiny ---  instead of at best another failed run for the Oval Office? 

Which SC Justice took this route to their seat on the court? 

Why is the only success for Ted Cruz another political campaign?  And no, you have not explained this for five years, or ever. I want to understand your logic and your goals.  I'm willing to listen to what you have to say about both @txradioguy Just drop the snark about me and replace it with substantive candor about the best place for Cruz to use his plentiful gifts.

Offline Mod5

« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2020, 04:26:08 pm »
Is this one of those who died and made you god things?

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,308154.0.html

I and the MODs will now start being more diligent in enforcing these simple rules which are:

No personal insults
No comments meant to derail the thread
No intentionally trying to incite another poster
And, no comments that denigrate TBR and/or its members.  You can always go elsewhere if you do not like the environment here.

Online corbe

« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2020, 04:30:23 pm »
   History has shown that it's possible to be appointed to the SC AFTER being President.  @Right_in_Virginia

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #165 on: August 01, 2020, 04:42:24 pm »
Exactly.  Some people opt to ignore facts and their hatred for Cruz shines through as they proclaim that they will never ever vote for him, yet ironically he has been supportive of Trump. In this article Cruz proclaims and candidly points out that people are tired of the GOP doing nothing and Trump has backbone.  This article is publishing Cruz's response to a question asked in an interview about Trump and not that Cruz came out of the blue and made a statement about Trump -- some keep missing that boat.

Cruz is a constitutional conservative and one of the most conservative members in Congress that we have.  This country and the GOP could use quite a few more like Ted seated, but that's not going to happen because people keep voting in the same RINO's expecting a different result.

I can't remember the OTHER the candidate Cruz did this to.  Not relevant anymore. I just remember it was an underhanded thing to do.  Sure CRUZ...didn't know! You buying that?  His campaign team?  Don't make me look for those facts.  I am retired,  recovering from a fall, broken pelvis  and have all the time in the world for research!  lol

Ted Cruz...IS THAT RINO!   

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #166 on: August 01, 2020, 04:47:57 pm »
uh huh

Perfect for throwing Tea into dry dock.

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2020, 04:49:54 pm »

Since WHEN...does CNN...help any republican?  ONLY WHEN THEY ARE A RINO.  CNN HELPING CRUZ CAMPAIGN?  Ben Carson & Marco Rubio were lied about leaving race by Ted Cruz. Google. Not about CNN. Many articles. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 04:55:26 pm by LegalAmerican »

Online libertybele

« Reply #168 on: August 01, 2020, 04:56:55 pm »
This post  pointing-up  is chock full of snark and nothing else.  Why are you so desperately opposed to a constitutional conservative serving on the SC for 25 years helping to shape America's society and destiny ---  instead of at best another failed run for the Oval Office? 

Which SC Justice took this route to their seat on the court? 

Why is the only success for Ted Cruz another political campaign?  And no, you have not explained this for five years, or ever. I want to understand your logic and your goals.  I'm willing to listen to what you have to say about both @txradioguy Just drop the snark about me and replace it with substantive candor about the best place for Cruz to use his plentiful gifts.

@Right_in_Virginia there's nothing wrong with Cruz being a SC justice; he's a constitutional conservative. Keep in mind he's young so why not utilize his conservatism to the absolute fullest and longest period of time?  Once Trump's term or 2nd term is over, there's really no one whom I can think of  that will make a better conservative president than Cruz.  We need all the armshots of conservatism injected into the GOP that we can get.  God willing he will run and be POTUS in 2024 (I'm praying this country is still in tact) serve his term (or 2) and then take a seat on the bench ... both would be a HUGE victory for this Republic.

Yes, of course I would have liked to see Cruz as President already, but I look at it also, that the Senate would have lost a true conservative which we have desperately needed. We will also lose a conservative in the Senate if Ted runs and wins in 2024 and if there's isn't a conservative to replace him --- we need more TED's!!!  My hunch is he has studied Trump and how he handles the mudslinging and obstruction from the left.  I believe Ted will make an excellent POTUS.  That is if he's willing to run, and I have some doubt.

Online libertybele

« Reply #169 on: August 01, 2020, 05:08:07 pm »
I can't remember the OTHER the candidate Cruz did this to.  Not relevant anymore. I just remember it was an underhanded thing to do.  Sure CRUZ...didn't know! You buying that?  His campaign team?  Don't make me look for those facts.  I am retired,  recovering from a fall, broken pelvis  and have all the time in the world for research!  lol

Ted Cruz...IS THAT RINO!   .

You are welcome to do all the research that you want to your hearts content. Makes absolutely no difference to me.  There comes a time for most people when they actually assess a persons character and proven track record throughout the years and see the MSM for what it's worth.  As Trump has stated many times; Fake News!  If you want to continue to believe Cruz is a RINO, whatever.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #170 on: August 01, 2020, 05:24:11 pm »
Ted did the same to Marco Rubio. Twice it was an 'accident'? 
--------------------------------------------------------------
4:04 PM ET By Trip Gabriel and Alan Rappeport

Ted Cruz’s Campaign Spread False Report in Iowa That Ben Carson Was Quitting Race

Senator Ted Cruz greeted supporters in Des Moines after winning the Iowa caucuses on Monday night.Credit Stephen Crowley/The New York Times
As Iowa Republicans headed to the caucuses on Monday night, Senator Ted Cruz’s campaign left recorded messages for supporters with “breaking news” that Ben Carson would drop out of the race, and told them to “inform any Carson caucus-goers of this news and urge them to caucus for Ted instead.”

The false report, echoed in an email and in a text message sent to campaign volunteers, was trumpeted by at least some Cruz precinct captains when they addressed their caucuses. When Mr. Carson’s wife, Candy Carson, arrived at two precincts to speak on his behalf, she was furious to learn that speakers for Mr. Cruz had suggested moments earlier that her husband was quitting the race.

The Cruz campaign on Friday acknowledged it had made a coordinated effort to spread the story. But it defended its actions as an honest mistake based on “reports,” namely CNN anchors echoing Twitter messages from a reporter saying that Mr. Carson was heading home to Florida after Iowa, rather than to New Hampshire or South Carolina, where the next contests were to be held. However, those messages were followed almost instantly by another from one of the reporters stating that Mr. Carson would remain in the race “no matter what.” A senior strategist for Mr. Carson, Jason Osborne, had reiterated on Twitter: “Not standing down.”

The Carson campaign, which has angrily accused Mr. Cruz of dirty tricks, escalated the feud on Friday by using the audio recording of the message left by Cruz supporters in a fund-raising email. “Hello,” the call began, “this is the Cruz campaign with breaking news: Dr. Ben Carson will be suspending campaigning following tonight’s caucuses.”

Mr. Cruz, who won the Republican caucuses, apologized to Mr. Carson this week. At a news conference in Washington, Mr. Carson said that Mr. Cruz had not gone far enough in addressing the situation and called on him to fire the staff members who spread the false rumors.

Mr. Carson’s fourth-place showing in Iowa, where he got 9.3 percent of the vote, was equal to or slightly better than his support in polls before the caucuses, raising doubts about whether the Cruz disinformation swayed many voters. Nonetheless, the issue has become a distraction to Mr. Carson ahead of the New Hampshire primary on Tuesday, and it has raised questions about the tactics of the Cruz campaign.

“It’s really demoralizing. People are angry,” Mr. Osborne said. “Every day, as more information comes out, he’s getting more animated about it,” he added, referring to Mr. Carson.

Since Mr. Carson rose to the top of Iowa polls last year, his campaign has faced major upheavals. This week he shed staff members to cut costs. He had refrained from attacking his rivals throughout the campaign, but he has latched on to the Cruz tactics to garner attention and, now, to raise money.

A spokeswoman for Mr. Cruz defended the voice mail messages, saying they were not deceptive because they had said Mr. Carson was “suspending campaigning” by not going directly to New Hampshire from Iowa.

“Our campaign shared an accurate report that Carson was suspending campaigning after the caucuses — he went home and he went to D.C. — and these voice mails do not suggest that he would completely drop out of the race,” said the spokeswoman, Catherine Frazier.

While perhaps narrowly correct, it is largely understood that suspending a campaign means a candidate is quitting. That was how Representative Steve King, Republican of Iowa, who endorsed Mr. Cruz, interpreted the report in a Twitter message he posted about 20 minutes after the caucuses began on Monday: “Skipping NH & SC the equivalent of suspending. Too bad this information won’t get to all caucus goers.”

A minute later, Mr. King added: “Carson looks like he is out.”

The Carson campaign prepared a timeline for its internal use showing that the episode began at 6:43 p.m. in Iowa when a CNN reporter, Chris Moody, said on Twitter, “Carson won’t go to NH/SC, but instead will head home to Florida for some R&R.”

Moments later Mr. Moody tweeted, “Ben Carson’s campaign tells me he plans to stay in the race beyond Iowa no matter what the results are tonight.”

CNN anchors on a live broadcast almost simultaneously repeated Mr. Moody’s tweet that Mr. Carson was taking a break from the campaign trail, but not the campaign’s assertion he was not dropping out.

Ten minutes later, Mr. Osborne, who was traveling with Mr. Carson, clarified in a tweet that the candidate “will be going to Florida to get fresh clothes b4 heading out on the campaign trail.”

At 7:07 p.m., as caucuses across the state were being called to order, the first of two recorded calls went out to Cruz volunteers telling them to spread the word to Carson supporters that they should “not waste a vote for Ben Carson and vote for Ted Cruz.”
Mr. Cruz has largely dismissed questions about his campaign’s behavior on Monday night. Speaking to reporters on Thursday, before Mr. Carson released the audio, Mr. Cruz said it was “part of the democratic process to pass on things that are true and accurate.”
“I’m not sure y’all would want that to be considered unethical, passing on the stories that each of you write,” he said.
He made no distinction between a reported article and 140-character Twitter post echoed in a TV broadcast, one that provided the Cruz campaign with an opportunity to try to undermine Mr. Carson.

Matt Flegenheimer contributed reporting

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #171 on: August 01, 2020, 05:54:55 pm »
@Bigun @catfish1957 @Right_in_Virginia @everyone

The Creature from  Jekyll Island.   Recommended reading for everyone over the age of 16.

https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Creature_from_Jekyll_Island.html?id=ClE4YgEACAAJ&source=kp_cover

I don't believe in coincidence.  Been a long time since I have heard mention of Jekyll  Island. But here is a vid from YouTube on my feed. Posted last night. It is somewhat incomplete.

Not trying to hijack the thread. @Mod5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UIpdqpA-Gc

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2020, 06:04:23 pm »
I don't believe in coincidence.  Been a long time since I have heard mention of Jekyll  Island. But here is a vid from YouTube on my feed. Posted last night. It is somewhat incomplete.

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2020, 07:16:12 pm »

Wow.  A lot of this is new for me .. a lot to take in.  Thanks for the link @bigheadfred

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2020, 07:57:28 pm »

Went to your link.  Many good posts on there.  I knew, most of that already. 
-------------------
President Trump has taken over the Federal Reserve .  He has actually bankrupted the illegal non federal institution.   This is the reason the D’s are fighting him so hard .  The honey pot is now dry.  He managed to do it with them not even realizing until it was too late . BQQM