Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Trump tweets have 'coarsened discussion'  (Read 11387 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Ted Cruz: Trump tweets have 'coarsened discussion'
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2020, 07:45:25 pm »
Cruz would be the one to replace RBG in the SCOTUS...
He is not a good politician, he is smart and knows the law but unwilling to get down in the dirt and fight... He is to much of a lawyer.

Last thing we need is to lock Cruz away on the SCOTUS.  That's a move to silence him...not help Conservatism in any real way.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2020, 07:45:38 pm »
He is not a good politician, he is smart and knows the law but unwilling to get down in the dirt and fight... He is to much of a lawyer.

That's just absurd.

Online libertybele

« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2020, 07:47:30 pm »

I disagree.  President first, SCOTUS later.  He is an absolute fighter, he stands his ground and he does what he says he's going to do.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2020, 08:02:08 pm »
Last thing we need is to lock Cruz away on the SCOTUS.  That's a move to silence him...not help Conservatism in any real way.

Absolutely agree.  We need more conservatives in Congress period!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2020, 08:09:37 pm »
You were looking in the mirror when you typed that right?

You're kidding, right?

All you guys got caught backing the wrong horse last election. 

Young boys used to have posters of Farah Fawcett in their bedrooms.  You have Senator Ted Cruz.

...not that there's anything wrong with that!     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2020, 08:14:41 pm »
You're kidding, right?

Young boys used to have posters of Farah Fawcett in their bedrooms.  You have Senator Ted Cruz.

No, I actually strongly feel I absolutely backed the RIGHT horse. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2020, 08:16:05 pm »
Young boys used to have posters of Farah Fawcett in their bedrooms.

Nope. Tanya Tucker. I know, because I got it back out and hung it back up after the divorce.  :whistle:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2020, 08:17:51 pm »
Nope. Tanya Tucker. I know, because I got it back out and hung it back up after the divorce.  :whistle:

:laugh:    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2020, 08:22:03 pm »
:laugh:    :beer:

And that truck from Fall Guy...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2020, 08:25:12 pm »
You're kidding, right?

You stayed off my ignore list for a good while this time @DCPatriot but all good things must end!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2020, 08:26:43 pm »
You're kidding, right?

The only ones that seemed to have a prolonged case of "butt hurt" are those carrying a grudge against Conservatives who actually voted for the Conservative and Not Trump.

BTW I still have my Farah poster in the cashmere sweater in my closet.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 12:11:02 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2020, 08:47:45 pm »
BTW I still have my Farah poster in the cashmere sweater in my closet.

Never much of a Farah fan... She always looked like she needed a few burgers to fill her out.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2020, 08:48:44 pm »

Really?  How would being a voice on the SC neutering John Roberts be "silencing" Cruz?

He isn't very good at retail politics and hasn't proven himself a successful deal maker in the Senate.   Nah, politics is not his gift. I hope he matures and embraces this as a very good thing.

A love of the Constitution, a commitment to upholding its principles as written ... and the courage to vote his conscience ... these are his gifts.  I truly believe a lifetime seat on the US Supreme Court is where Cruz was born to be.  This is where Cruz could live his passion, affect American life for generations to come; and do it all free from concern for the next election.

@txradioguy @libertybele

Online libertybele

« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2020, 09:03:01 pm »
Really?  How would being a voice on the SC neutering John Roberts be "silencing" Cruz?

He isn't very good at retail politics and hasn't proven himself a successful deal maker in the Senate.   Nah, politics is not his gift. I hope he matures and embraces this as a very good thing.

A love of the Constitution, a commitment to upholding its principles as written ... and the courage to vote his conscience ... these are his gifts.  I truly believe a lifetime seat on the US Supreme Court is where Cruz was born to be.  This is where Cruz could live his passion, affect American life for generations to come; and do it all free from concern for the next election.

@txradioguy @libertybele

Yes, he has a love of country, certainly duty to country and a deep respect for the Constitution. He's young.  First step, POTUS -- then on to SCOTUS.  At this point,  I'm just praying our Republic makes it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2020, 09:10:53 pm »

@txradioguy @libertybele

Personally, I would love to see someone who did not graduate from Yale, Harvard, or Princeton on SCOTUS.  Amy Coney Barrett for example.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mod5

« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2020, 09:44:07 pm »
TBR members are not the topic of this thread. I am reopening the thread but please keep that in mind.

« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2020, 09:54:45 pm »
Personally, I would love to see someone who did not graduate from Yale, Harvard, or Princeton on SCOTUS.  Amy Coney Barrett for example.

I could live with that ... how about both?   happy77

« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2020, 10:03:33 pm »
Yes, he has a love of country, certainly duty to country and a deep respect for the Constitution. He's young.  First step, POTUS -- then on to SCOTUS.  At this point,  I'm just praying our Republic makes it.

I see two obstacles... I don't see him winning the white house ... and if he did ... he forfeits the court.  No former POTUS goes to the Supreme Court or the Secretary General of the UN.

I'd rather he move straight to where he was born to be...where he would be more substantive and have more influence for the rest of his life.

I don't understand why so many see this as a negative.  I think he's been given a remarkable gift. I'd like him to start using it.  :shrug:

@libertybele

Offline aligncare

« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2020, 10:40:11 pm »
I see two obstacles... I don't see him winning the white house ... and if he did ... he forfeits the court.  No former POTUS goes to the Supreme Court or the Secretary General of the UN.

I'd rather he move straight to where he was born to be...where he would be more substantive and have more influence for the rest of his life.

I don't understand why so many see this as a negative.  I think he's been given a remarkable gift. I'd like him to start using it.  :shrug:

@libertybele

I agree. I bet any lawyer would take that sweet gig.

But, I don’t see Sen. Cruz getting past the hurdles for the presidency. Also, I’m not sure he’s got what it takes to withstand the same level of media hostility that Trump’s been subjected to—I’m not sure anybody could’ve.

Offline corbe

« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2020, 11:51:43 pm »
   After another 4 years of Trump or biteme, they'll be nothing left here for Cruz to run. 
   Perhaps President of Cuba or Prime Minister of Canada may be the only options available to him in the Northern hemisphere.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2020, 11:56:59 pm »
   After another 4 years of Trump or biteme, they'll be nothing left here for Cruz to run. 
   Perhaps President of Cuba or Prime Minister of Canada may be the only options available to him in the Northern hemisphere.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiARbvYzOp4

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2020, 12:14:13 am »

Explained this to you for almost 5 years.  Not gonna do it again.

He isn't very good at retail politics and hasn't proven himself a successful deal maker in the Senate.[/quote]

Really?  Ask the Texas establishment GOP that he beat to get...then keep his seat.

As for the dealmaking stuff...you sound just like Turtle...the only other person than Trump that would love to put him in a place where he's not a threat to them.   

Nah, politics is not his gift. I hope he matures and embraces this as a very good thing.

Good thing you never decided to be a professional political analyst for a career.  You'd have died broke.

Offline corbe

« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2020, 12:16:35 am »
Elvis Costello Miracle Man

Sen. Cruz 2020
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2020, 12:19:00 am »

Offline dancer

« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2020, 05:55:31 am »
No.  He shows poor judgement.  Soccer balls and teddy bears on the border?  The mock oval office?  Cheating Ben Carson voters? Trying to upset the voting at the convention? Remember the crap he pulled with the "vote your conscience" speech?   Aligning with Cheeto face?  I think not.  No.  Leave him where he is.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 06:00:41 am by dancer »