Author Topic: Battle Portland:  (Read 109118 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Battle Portland:
« Reply #1375 on: October 21, 2023, 03:57:34 am »
@roamer_1   @Smokin Joe

Thanks guys!

I had no clue  about that.
The coastal currents keep the panhandle of AK warm. We're about as far as you can get from salt water in North America in ND, and when those Arctic High pressure systems roll down the east side of the Rockies, Mother Nature is a mean mother.  But, the saying goes "Winter keeps the riff-raff out."
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1376 on: October 21, 2023, 04:21:27 am »
@roamer_1

I am in complete  agreement  with  that..

Spent years living by the advise given to me  by  a senior NCO in the army,when I was complaining about things like having a new car parked in the parking lot,and being in another country for months at a time and not being able to enjoy it.

His advise was blindingly obvious once I digested it.

He told me I was worried about the wrong things because "If  you can't eat it,wear it,have sex with it,or defend yourself with it,you don't really need it. Those OTHER things MIGHT be comfortable to have,but they are extra,not necessary."

Didn't take long for those basic universal choices became "words to live by"  for me.

Once I did this,my stress seemed to just disappear overnight.

Word... If I could get up there like that, I would feel all my stress go right out my feet.  :beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1377 on: October 21, 2023, 04:34:38 am »
Yeah, I have worked with Alaskans who wanted to go home where the weather was a lot better...

It's just a fact. I have thought a lot about wandering off to AK... Though I'd die in that coastal forest.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1378 on: October 21, 2023, 04:37:08 am »
It's just a fact. I have thought a lot about wandering off to AK... Though I'd die in that coastal forest.
If I was 30 years younger, maybe. I am afraid that ship has sailed.

Like Mr. Eastwood said, (as Dirty Harry) "A man's gotta know his own limitations."

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1379 on: October 21, 2023, 04:44:18 am »
If I was 30 years younger, maybe. I am afraid that ship has sailed.

Like Mr. Eastwood said, (as Dirty Harry) "A man's gotta know his own limitations."

That's  a fact. Anymore I'd be happy to get out of the driveway  happy77 :shrug:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1380 on: November 17, 2023, 04:55:12 pm »
“Diarrhea wall with used needle” really rounds out my quintessential Portland photos today

https://twitter.com/cocainemichelle/status/1722821535529115986
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1381 on: November 19, 2023, 05:23:37 pm »
Antifa in Portland are organizing an attack on Women's Declaration International on Nov. 19 because the women in the group say males cannot become girls or women. They plan to assault the women by hitting them in the face with food. ...

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1722712834050584817

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1382 on: November 19, 2023, 05:26:23 pm »
After weeks of Antifa and trantifa making threats against the feminists of @WDI_USA ahead of their Portland, Ore. event, the women found their car tires all slashed up today at their rental accomodation.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1726287050239037551

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #1383 on: November 19, 2023, 06:05:30 pm »
“Diarrhea wall with used needle” really rounds out my quintessential Portland photos today

https://twitter.com/cocainemichelle/status/1722821535529115986

How the bleep does that even happen?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1384 on: December 05, 2023, 03:13:53 pm »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1385 on: December 05, 2023, 04:42:28 pm »
 :silly: :silly: :happyhappy:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1386 on: December 14, 2023, 01:57:22 am »
PDX Real
@PDXReal1
A tale of two cities:

Portland, OR population: 641k
Milwaukee, WI population: 659k

Portland annual budget: $7.1 billion
Milwaukee annual budget: $1.9 billion

Multnomah County annual budget: $3.5 billion
Milwaukee County annual budget: $1.4 billion

Portland Metro annual budget: $1.8 billion
Milwaukee Metro annual budget: doesn’t exist

Portland city, county, and metro annual budget: $12.4 billion
Milwaukee city and county annual budget: $3.3 billion

Portland police count: 790
Milwaukee police count: 1800

Portland homeless population: 6500
Milwaukee homeless population: 27

What is wrong here? Portland spends 4x’s the money as Milwaukee, has less than 1/2 the police and 240x’s the homeless population as Milwaukee.

Where is the money going?
Last edited
4:01 AM · Nov 22, 2023

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1387 on: December 27, 2023, 06:54:37 pm »
 :silly: Color me shocked.
Dec 27, 2023
Portland sees increase in diseases spread by human waste
Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties have reported 45 cases of the bacteria in December, with nine different strains observed in the Portland metro area since October.
Darian Douraghy

Multnomah County is encouraging residents to watch their hygiene after a boost in shigella cases was observed in Old Town Portland.

Shigella is a bacteria that spreads via fecal matter, and creates symptoms that include fever, stomach cramps, vomiting, and diarrhea. It can last anywhere from three to 10 days.

“Shigella spreads when one person’s infected poop gets into another person’s mouth through food or water, from objects or surfaces with shigella bacteria on them, or during sex,” Multnomah County said, according to KOIN 6. “Shigella spreads very easily. Even a very small amount is enough to make someone sick.” ...

“Local disease patterns suggest that fecal-oral spread through sexual contact may account for between half and more than two thirds of all cases without international travel. The rest are typically attributed to other types of person-to-person spread including outbreaks among populations with lack of hygiene, shelter, and sanitation, and among people who use illicit substances,” county officials explained to KOIN 6 News.

The county added that “during 2020 a single strain of Shigella caused multiple clusters among men who have sex with men, persons experiencing homelessness, as well as causing outbreaks at a food cart, and separately, a healthcare facility. Multnomah County epidemiology immediately identified these shifts into defined outbreaks and were successful in stopping illness spread from the food cart as well as within the healthcare facility.”  ...
Post Millennial

https://twitter.com/pdx_gate/status/1739674000287301791
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 02:36:58 pm by mountaineer »

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1388 on: December 28, 2023, 05:13:20 pm »
AMERICAN NEWS Dec 27, 2023

Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties have reported 45 cases of the bacteria in December, with nine different strains observed in the Portland metro area since October.

ADVERTISEMENT

Darian Douraghy
Dec 27, 2023

Multnomah County is encouraging residents to watch their hygiene after a boost in shigella cases was observed in Old Town Portland.

Shigella is a bacteria that spreads via fecal matter, and creates symptoms that include fever, stomach cramps, vomiting, and diarrhea. It can last anywhere from three to 10 days.

“Shigella spreads when one person’s infected poop gets into another person’s mouth through food or water, from objects or surfaces with shigella bacteria on them, or during sex,” Multnomah County said, according to KOIN 6. “Shigella spreads very easily. Even a very small amount is enough to make someone sick.”

https://thepostmillennial.com/portland-sees-increase-in-diseases-spread-by-human-waste?utm_campaign=64487
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1389 on: December 28, 2023, 05:14:13 pm »
As an uber liberal city, it is run by human waste to begin with. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2

« Reply #1390 on: December 28, 2023, 05:15:16 pm »
Merged Portland-related threads

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

• Technical
« Reply #1392 on: December 28, 2023, 11:33:34 pm »
Leftist love poop.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1393 on: January 01, 2024, 07:33:00 pm »

• Technical
« Reply #1394 on: January 02, 2024, 05:43:41 pm »
Whatever this is ... It's Portland!

https://twitter.com/Wtfportland1/status/1740656261363085802

A one legged man in a ass kicking contest... kicking some guy's ass!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1395 on: January 02, 2024, 07:18:47 pm »
Whatever this is ... It's Portland!

https://twitter.com/Wtfportland1/status/1740656261363085802
Somewhere around twenty years ago my wife had to go set up a client that moved to Portland, while she was working i did some walking around Portland, even then it was slimy, and I came across a similar scene on a corner where some guy was getting beat to $hit because he was on some other panhandlers 'corner'. I decided then that I really never needed to go to Portland again. As a matter of fact many years later when I had to drive up to Washington I made a wide detour just to miss freakland.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1396 on: January 03, 2024, 02:46:05 pm »
No arrests made after ‘caravan’ of 50 vehicles blocks PDX access in protest
by: John Ross Ferrara   
Posted: Jan 2, 2024 / 04:37 PM PST   
Updated: Jan 2, 2024 / 04:40 PM PST   
PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A “caravan” of 50 vehicles filled with people protesting the war in Gaza blocked Airport Way outside the Portland International Airport at approximately 2:30 p.m. on Jan. 1, preventing travelers from reaching their terminals by car for several hours.

Port of Portland Police responded to the scene but made no arrests during the demonstration. No flights were delayed as a result of the demonstration, causing some of those stuck in traffic to exit their vehicles and attempt to reach their terminals by walking along Airport Way, KGW reported.

The Portland International airport, which is operated by Port of Portland, issued a statement about the incident on social media at 5:01 p.m., after protesters cleared the road at approximately 4:30 p.m.  ...

“In order to balance support of free speech activity with the unique safety, security and accessibility needs of the airport, PDX routinely works with protest organizers to identify various locations where groups can picket during set hours to ensure safety and minimize the impact on travelers,” Hansen said. “While organizers of this protest had not requested a permit, Port of Portland police worked with partners to reroute traffic and have buses available to assist those attempting to reach the airport on foot while traffic was temporarily disrupted.”
Well, that's heartwarming. Perhaps we should hear from the people who missed their flights.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1397 on: January 03, 2024, 06:34:23 pm »
No arrests made after ‘caravan’ of 50 vehicles blocks PDX access in protest
by: John Ross Ferrara   
Posted: Jan 2, 2024 / 04:37 PM PST   
Updated: Jan 2, 2024 / 04:40 PM PST   Well, that's heartwarming. Perhaps we should hear from the people who missed their flights.
Clear the road:

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1398 on: January 13, 2024, 01:25:20 pm »
Andy Ngô 🏳️‍🌈
@MrAndyNgo
"Bash the Fash" - Violent Antifa group @BashTheFash161 has organized a direct action to target comedian @MichaelRapaport for coming to Portland and being a supporter of Israel. Their flyer suggests they want him dead. For weeks, Antifa have been trying to use harassment and pressure to get the @HeliumComedyPdx venue to cancel.

Andy Ngô 🏳️‍🌈
@MrAndyNgo
Portland—On night of Jan. 12, Antifa attacked the @HeliumComedyPdx club & threw large explosive fireworks at it after it wouldn't cancel a @MichaelRapaport event. Rapaport is supportive of Israel. Police had to protect the venue from being stormed.

Entire thread:

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1746151989505917159

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1399 on: January 13, 2024, 01:32:21 pm »
Just another day in PDX.
Arson Investigation Underway After Car Fire Outside City Commissioner's Home
January 12, 2024 12:45

An arson investigation is underway after a car fire at the home of City Commissioner Rene Gonzalez.

On Friday, January 12, 2024 at 1:34a.m., Portland Fire & Rescue (PF&R) responded to a car on fire in the Eastmoreland Neighborhood. The car was parked and unoccupied. Firefighters extinguished the fire, and no one was injured.

Information at the scene suggested that the fire was intentionally set. PF&R requested a Fire Investigator and Portland Police. Central Precinct officers responded to the scene and assisted with the initial investigation. They determined that the vehicle, a white 2024 Honda Accord, was parked on the street in front of Portland City Commissioner Rene Gonzalez’s home and it belonged to the commissioner’s family member. The car was destroyed by the fire.

No arrests have been made and no suspect information is available for release.  ...
Portland Police press release.