Author Topic: Battle Portland:  (Read 109099 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Battle Portland:
« Reply #1350 on: August 08, 2023, 08:29:08 pm »
You can't make this $#!t up:
Brandon Farley (Today In Portland)
@TheRealFarley
Aug 5
Apparently, there's a Homeless "Workers" Union. But, if homeless actually had jobs, they'd be able to afford rent. This so-called "Union" is demanding Free Homes for Everyone while blaming the problem on Capitalists, Government, and the Police. "Some even want to exterminate us"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1351 on: August 08, 2023, 08:29:48 pm »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1352 on: August 22, 2023, 12:59:23 pm »
The homeless and drug crisis in Portland, Oregon: The City and Multnomah County at any give time on the daily is at ‘Level Zero’ - meaning no available ambulances as overdose calls come in nonstop, with several calls waiting, dozens at a time awaiting medical transportation.

https://twitter.com/RebsBrannon/status/1688362823716360192

https://twitter.com/cantkill_crypto/status/1688771433038823424

https://twitter.com/HeiditheHoFjord/status/1689693313727873024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1353 on: August 22, 2023, 01:33:15 pm »
Kinda makes you wonder when the DNC are going to use "The DNC,turning America into a 3rd world country!" as a campaign slogan,doesn't it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #1354 on: August 22, 2023, 02:20:42 pm »
Kinda makes you wonder when the DNC are going to use "The DNC,turning America into a 3rd world country!" as a campaign slogan,doesn't it?
I don't know about "3rd world", I lived in Panama for quite a few years, and many of the poorest still had some pride and didn't live like these slugs.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1355 on: August 22, 2023, 02:34:54 pm »
Where I live, ambulances do not respond to overdose calls for homeless street people because there is no point.
Most of the time if they revive the person, they will refuse the ambulance in a good scenario.
At worst, they will fight and spit on the paramedics and hospital staff. Again, there is no point to trying to help them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1356 on: August 22, 2023, 02:42:56 pm »
I don't know about "3rd world", I lived in Panama for quite a few years, and many of the poorest still had some pride and didn't live like these slugs.
I had a similar thought as I watched these most recent videos. These people have absolutely no pride nor self-respect. Do they not even see themselves as human?

Offline DB

« Reply #1357 on: August 22, 2023, 02:46:43 pm »
They are the closest thing to real life zombies that are consumed by drugs.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1358 on: August 23, 2023, 10:47:38 pm »
Wait, what? Actually arrested? I guess no one asked the prosecuting attorney for permission.
25 arrested in Portland retail theft mission at Mall 205, Gateway
by: Michaela Bourgeois   
Posted: Aug 21, 2023 / 12:44 PM PDT; Updated: Aug 21, 2023 / 12:47 PM PDT   

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) – Over two dozen people were arrested on Friday during a Portland Police Bureau retail theft mission at Mall 205 and Gateway, authorities announced.

During the mission, PPB said 25 arrests were made and 16 felony and 15 misdemeanor warrants were issued. Additionally, authorities said four stolen vehicles were recovered along with three guns, $24,237 and illegal drugs.

PPB’s East Precinct Neighborhood Response Team partnered with Multnomah County Transit, Multnomah County Parole and Probation and the District Attorney’s Office for the mission.

The suspects’ charges range from third-degree theft and unlawful possession of a firearm to delivery of a controlled substance.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1359 on: August 23, 2023, 10:50:53 pm »
Wait, what? Actually arrested? I guess no one asked the prosecuting attorney for permission.
They will be released in a couple of hours. Nothing will happen.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1360 on: August 23, 2023, 11:12:00 pm »

For a little more clarity:

Oregon law classifies the lowest-level theft offense as theft in the third degree. This class C misdemeanor includes cases where the total value of the stolen property or services is less than $100. A person who commits third-degree theft faces up to 30 days in jail and a $1,250 fine.

I would bet most of the charges will be dropped
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1361 on: August 24, 2023, 01:08:12 am »
They will be released in a couple of hours. Nothing will happen.
No matter, they're out whatever drugs, firearms, and cash seized, and they're gonna have some 'splaining to do when their supplier comes around to get paid.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 01:09:04 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1362 on: October 18, 2023, 04:03:20 pm »
Target Has Been Complaining to City Officials About Crime at Shuttered Stores for Over a Year
“We recently had an individual in one of our stores that was peeling off his face with pliers in the bathroom.”
By Lucas Manfield
October 17, 2023 at 7:10 pm PDT
Last month, Target abruptly announced it would soon shutter three of its Portland locations for good. The company cited threats to employee safety and organized retail crime as reasons for the closures, which begin Saturday.

Emails obtained by WW sent from Target executives to Mayor Ted Wheeler’s office offer more details about Target’s concerns, and also provide insight into apparently unsuccessful efforts by officials inside Wheeler’s office to appease those concerns.  ...

The litany of concerns laid out in the letter might sound familiar. The store’s rear wall was repeatedly vandalized with graffiti, which would reappear within hours of being painted over. Drug paraphernalia and needles littered the parking lot. A nearby homeless encampment kept popping back up after being targeted by intermittent city sweeps.

“We have seen many repeat offenders with multiple police report cases filed who continue to roam the streets and come into our store daily to steal without fear of being reprimanded,” wrote Munoz, who included a list: five harassment cases, 30 cases of disorderly conduct, and one assault.  ...
More at Willamette Week

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #1363 on: October 18, 2023, 07:59:37 pm »
The homeless and drug crisis in Portland, Oregon: The City and Multnomah County at any give time on the daily is at ‘Level Zero’ - meaning no available ambulances as overdose calls come in nonstop, with several calls waiting, dozens at a time awaiting medical transportation.

https://twitter.com/RebsBrannon/status/1688362823716360192

https://twitter.com/cantkill_crypto/status/1688771433038823424

https://twitter.com/HeiditheHoFjord/status/1689693313727873024

No sober/sane person with a job would want to live anywhere near any of those people.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1364 on: October 18, 2023, 08:03:22 pm »
Serious question.

Doesn't it get freezing-ass cold on Oregon in the winter?

We all understand that a large percentage of these mutts are drug addicts with the reasoning ability of a slow snail,but won't even they realize they are freezing their asses off when  winter hits,and migrate south to Ca?

BTW,what was it that attracted them to Oregon in the  first place?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #1365 on: October 18, 2023, 08:06:47 pm »
I had a similar thought as I watched these most recent videos. These people have absolutely no pride nor self-respect. Do they not even see themselves as human?

The US has plenty of land to build on/to, but how could anyone live in a tent on the sidewalk with absolutely no privacy? Makes no sense to me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1366 on: October 18, 2023, 08:10:31 pm »
The US has plenty of land to build on/to, but how could anyone live in a tent on the sidewalk with absolutely no privacy? Makes no sense to me.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

It costs them nothing,and they have easy  access to the  drugs the money  they  save by not paying rent buys  for them.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1367 on: October 18, 2023, 09:16:32 pm »
Serious question.

Doesn't it get freezing-ass cold on Oregon in the winter?

We all understand that a large percentage of these mutts are drug addicts with the reasoning ability of a slow snail,but won't even they realize they are freezing their asses off when  winter hits,and migrate south to Ca?

BTW,what was it that attracted them to Oregon in the  first place?

Not so much on the coast @sneakypete ... They have storms,but it stays sorta in the 50's over there... all the way up into the lower half of AK is pretty temperate... It's when you get over that coastal range that it gets bitter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1368 on: October 18, 2023, 11:22:34 pm »
Not so much on the coast @sneakypete ... They have storms,but it stays sorta in the 50's over there... all the way up into the lower half of AK is pretty temperate... It's when you get over that coastal range that it gets bitter.

@roamer_1

Thanks,I didn't know that.

We had bums living in dumpsters in my old Denver neighborhood,but they would all disappear when winter arrived. I helped arrest one that committed a bogus liquor store robbery because it snowed,and he wanted to go to jail for the winter to stay warm.

I was told that those without local relatives would jump a freight train heading south when winter approached.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1369 on: October 18, 2023, 11:50:18 pm »
@roamer_1

Thanks,I didn't know that.

We had bums living in dumpsters in my old Denver neighborhood,but they would all disappear when winter arrived. I helped arrest one that committed a bogus liquor store robbery because it snowed,and he wanted to go to jail for the winter to stay warm.

I was told that those without local relatives would jump a freight train heading south when winter approached.

We have em here too @sneakypete ... There's a notorious hobo village down near the city park, and a couple places this side of town too. It's rough, because they have to stay close in to stay close to services... and there's not too many places to go.

Homeless here is a different thing... Two of my friends wintered last winter up in the sticks, and will probably do so again... Different story... Outfitter's tents and snow machines or quads... That's  a suck life because very little of the woods is reliably plowed and the forest service and fish cops will roust you every 14 days, and you have to move a mile or two away.

But folks are dropping out the bottom here... rent and real estate has skyrocketed, and folks can't afford it... so homeless, up-in-the-sticks is growing common.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 11:51:14 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1370 on: October 19, 2023, 12:05:49 am »
<B>We have em here too @sneakypete ... There's a notorious hobo village down near the city park, and a couple places this side of town too. It's rough, because they have to stay close in to stay close to services... and there's not too many places to go.

Homeless here is a different thing... Two of my friends wintered last winter up in the sticks, and will probably do so again... Different story... Outfitter's tents and snow machines or quads... That's  a suck life because very little of the woods is reliably plowed and the forest service and fish cops will roust you every 14 days, and you have to move a mile or two away.

But folks are dropping out the bottom here... rent and real estate has skyrocketed, and folks can't afford it... so homeless, up-in-the-sticks is growing common.

Thanks.

I do have sympathy for the people that tried,but none whatsoever for the people who either couldn't afford to buy a house because they were buried under new car payments and credit cards,or who lost their houses because it was either "lose the toys or lose the house".

I would rather live in a tar paper shack that was MINE,than  rent a freaking palace,but that's just me.

Hell,I HAVE lived in vans and panel trucks because I was sick or hurt,and didn't have enough money coming in to rent a place. I was lucky enough to have friends that would let me take showers at their places,though.

And before you ask,I did have some of these people offer to let me sleep on their couch,but I wasn't willing to burden them with a "living room guest".

« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 12:07:47 am by sneakypete »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1371 on: October 19, 2023, 02:07:01 am »
Thanks.

I do have sympathy for the people that tried,but none whatsoever for the people who either couldn't afford to buy a house because they were buried under new car payments and credit cards,or who lost their houses because it was either "lose the toys or lose the house".

I would rather live in a tar paper shack that was MINE,than  rent a freaking palace,but that's just me.

Hell,I HAVE lived in vans and panel trucks because I was sick or hurt,and didn't have enough money coming in to rent a place. I was lucky enough to have friends that would let me take showers at their places,though.

And before you ask,I did have some of these people offer to let me sleep on their couch,but I wasn't willing to burden them with a "living room guest".

@sneakypete

Same for same... Till I became disabled anyway... Hell, I've lived like that on purpose, plenty.

I LOVE throwing a camp, building myself a hooch, and living out of it for a week... Everything on purpose, and nothing more... Everything temporary, built of sticks and bank line.... Comes the time, tear it down, throw it in the fire, and move on along. Works great! Till you can't   :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1372 on: October 21, 2023, 01:24:37 am »
@sneakypete

Same for same... Till I became disabled anyway... Hell, I've lived like that on purpose, plenty.

I LOVE throwing a camp, building myself a hooch, and living out of it for a week... Everything on purpose, and nothing more... Everything temporary, built of sticks and bank line.... Comes the time, tear it down, throw it in the fire, and move on along. Works great! Till you can't   :shrug:

@roamer_1

I am in complete  agreement  with  that..

Spent years living by the advise given to me  by  a senior NCO in the army,when I was complaining about things like having a new car parked in the parking lot,and being in another country for months at a time and not being able to enjoy it.

His advise was blindingly obvious once I digested it.

He told me I was worried about the wrong things because "If  you can't eat it,wear it,have sex with it,or defend yourself with it,you don't really need it. Those OTHER things MIGHT be comfortable to have,but they are extra,not necessary."

Didn't take long for those basic universal choices became "words to live by"  for me.

Once I did this,my stress seemed to just disappear overnight.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1373 on: October 21, 2023, 03:05:47 am »
Yeah, I have worked with Alaskans who wanted to go home where the weather was a lot better...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1374 on: October 21, 2023, 03:48:09 am »
Yeah, I have worked with Alaskans who wanted to go home where the weather was a lot better...

@roamer_1   @Smokin Joe

Thanks guys!

I had no clue  about that.