Author Topic: Battle Portland:  (Read 109170 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Battle Portland:
« Reply #1325 on: June 07, 2023, 09:46:17 pm »
Perhaps it's just me, but I read the headline and couldn't help but think... "what the heck is all that supposed to mean...?"
It means the crazy guy who apparently dressed as a woman was arrested for killing another guy in Virginia.

One of the fruits of pandering to fruits with delusions.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1326 on: June 07, 2023, 10:40:17 pm »
It means the crazy guy who apparently dressed as a woman was arrested for killing another guy in Virginia.

One of the fruits of pandering to fruits with delusions.

@Smokin Joe

The guy he murdered in Va was his father,who the media described as a very well-known dentist that was involved in several public events. For some reason I don't understand,the news report I read online said he was arrested for 2nd degree murder. I don't understand why it wasn't 1st degree murder,but I am not a lawyer.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 10:42:58 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1327 on: June 12, 2023, 10:37:20 pm »
Neighbors at North Portland are fearful and frustrated upon the opening of a homeless camp along the Oregon city’s Peninsula Crossing Trail.
This came as a surprise to them, given all the idiotic things their city government does?
‘Life Is Pretty Miserable’: Portland Residents Say New Homeless ‘Safe Rest Village’ Exposes Them to Thievery, Drug Dealing, Filth
‘I’ve called the cops. The cops don’t do anything, right? What can they do?’ says a resident who charges people are selling drugs outside her home in the middle of the day.
CLARA PREVE-DURRIEU
Monday, June 12, 202317:07:05 pm

Neighbors at North Portland are fearful and frustrated upon the opening of a homeless camp along the Oregon city’s Peninsula Crossing Trail.

The so-called Safe Rest Village opened last month after authorities swept out a number of crime-ridden homeless encampments along the trail. Yet, residents in the neighborhood say they are now witnessing robbery of their properties, street fights, and people doing drugs close to their houses.

“Life is pretty miserable because we live in a kind of anxiety,” a neighbor who has lived at University Park for 42 years, George Siebert, told KATU 2 news. He now lives 14 feet away from the camp’s bathrooms. He claims he can hear people going to the toilet all day and the washers and dryers spinning late at night.

Portland has been in the grips of a homelessness crisis in recent years. The Safe Rest Village is one of many efforts at accommodation as Portland now tries to crack down on the encampments in the face of ballooning opposition from homeowners and renters. ...

The village is operated by a nonprofit organization, Urban Alchemy, which partnered with the local government to run six rest villages across the city. It received $50 million from Portland to operate the sites. Regarding the staffers who work at the shelter, Urban Alchemy says most are found through local parole offices, as it wants to hire people who were formerly incarcerated or homeless to give them a second chance.  ...
NY Sun
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1328 on: June 13, 2023, 12:26:00 am »
This is ONE case where the people got what they asked/voted for.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1329 on: June 13, 2023, 12:40:02 am »
This is ONE case where the people got what they asked/voted for.

One of many, but they never get it.  This dumbass will continue to vote for Dems.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1330 on: June 13, 2023, 12:53:16 am »
This came as a surprise to them, given all the idiotic things their city government does?NY Sun

:mauslaff:

It's funny when liberals actually have to suffer the consequences of their own actions.

Online DB

« Reply #1331 on: June 13, 2023, 01:10:02 am »
There is a basic rule of nature: Reward something, get more of it. Punish something, get less of it.

Liberals are too stupid to figure that out.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1332 on: June 13, 2023, 01:11:09 am »
There is a basic rule of nature: Reward something, get more of it. Punish something, get less of it.

Liberals are too stupid to figure that out.

:thumbsup:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1333 on: June 17, 2023, 10:35:44 pm »
I've been following a twitter account called PortlandLooksLikeSchmidt @HeiditheHoFjord. She posts videos she takes from her car of the homeless encampments and overall decay in her city. She also retweets what others are saying about PDX and cities where municipal government is doing nothing to solve the problem.
PDX_911_info
@momma_pdx
Overdose at Do Good Shelter NW 6th & NW Hoyt. Portland is at level zero. No available ambulances at this time.
1:20 AM · Jun 15, 2023

https://twitter.com/HeiditheHoFjord/status/1669552150534578177

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1334 on: June 17, 2023, 10:47:38 pm »
On their way to becoming San Francisco de El Norte....
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 10:49:41 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1335 on: June 23, 2023, 10:28:06 pm »
Andy Ngô 🏳️‍🌈
@MrAndyNgo
Breaking: Blake Hampe, a pedophile Portland #Antifa member w/a child sex crime conviction, gets no prison time in a sweetheart @MultCoDA deal after pleading guilty to stabbing a black conservative livestreamer during the 2020 BLM-Antifa riots.

Story at Post Millennial: ANDY NGO REPORTS: No prison time for pedophile Portland Antifa member who pleaded guilty to stabbing black conservative at 2020 riot

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1336 on: June 23, 2023, 11:05:50 pm »
Andy Ngô 🏳️‍🌈
@MrAndyNgo
Breaking: Blake Hampe, a pedophile Portland #Antifa member w/a child sex crime conviction, gets no prison time in a sweetheart @MultCoDA deal after pleading guilty to stabbing a black conservative livestreamer during the 2020 BLM-Antifa riots.

Story at Post Millennial: ANDY NGO REPORTS: No prison time for pedophile Portland Antifa member who pleaded guilty to stabbing black conservative at 2020 riot

Question, do they have hog farms in Oregon?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1337 on: June 23, 2023, 11:28:01 pm »
Andy Ngô 🏳️‍🌈
@MrAndyNgo

@mountaineer

How in the world can you plead guilty to  felony assault with a deadly weapon,and get no time in prison?

They do look like a charming couple,though,don't they?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 11:29:21 pm by sneakypete »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1338 on: June 27, 2023, 08:14:30 pm »
This is comedy, but not so far from the truth.

https://twitter.com/johnbcrist/status/1671920557355417604

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1339 on: June 28, 2023, 12:06:24 pm »
This is comedy, but not so far from the truth.

https://twitter.com/johnbcrist/status/1671920557355417604
Wonder if that got him fired?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1340 on: June 28, 2023, 12:39:11 pm »
It's the comedian John Crist.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1341 on: July 05, 2023, 12:39:33 pm »
Oregon hiking organizations establish exclusive experiences for non-white people
One of those involved stated, 'I’ve given all my efforts to attract people… who don’t think the outdoors belongs to them. It has been a real effort.'
By Ian Miles Cheong | July 04, 2023

According to The Oregonian, hiking organizations in Portland are promoting the idea of non-white individuals joining forces in outdoor activities with the aim of enhancing their sense of safety.

The report highlights that the leaders of Unlikely Hikers, OutGrown, and People of Color Outdoors acknowledge the occasional uncertainty that black individuals may experience while exploring the wilderness, and that they “want to make recreational public land feel more welcoming to people who are more afraid of encountering a person with a prejudice than a mountain lion.”  ...
Rebel News

Offline Kamaji

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1343 on: July 14, 2023, 08:10:26 pm »
PDX_Info
@momma_pdx
🔥Portland Fire & Rescue is responding to the reports of an illegal fire located at a transient camp. The reported fire was started after they cut down trees.  (Multiple calls to 911) It’s currently a sunny day in the low 80’s and @multco has a burn ban in effect.
🔥SE MCLOUGHLIN BLVD & SE CENTER ST, PORTLAND, OR.
3:54 PM · Jul 14, 2023

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1344 on: July 14, 2023, 08:12:16 pm »
PDX_Info
@momma_pdx
🔥Portland Fire & Rescue is responding to the reports of an illegal fire located at a transient camp. The reported fire was started after they cut down trees.  (Multiple calls to 911) It’s currently a sunny day in the low 80’s and @multco has a burn ban in effect.
🔥SE MCLOUGHLIN BLVD & SE CENTER ST, PORTLAND, OR.
3:54 PM · Jul 14, 2023

@mountaineer

Maybe someone cut it down because they "love trees",and wanted to "love it privately" in their tent/shack?

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1345 on: July 19, 2023, 04:54:02 pm »

PORTLAND Published July 18, 2023 3:10pm EDT
Suspected Portland serial killer had tried to choke police K-9, was released from prison early: report
Court records show Jesse Lee Calhoun once resisted arrest by choking a police K-9 and kicking an officer
By Michael Lee | Fox News

Fox Nation host Nancy Grace discusses the case that authorities believe is linked to Jesse Calhoun, who was previously granted early release from prison. She also weighs in after Alex Murdaugh was seen shirtless in selfies from prison.

A man suspected of killing four of the six women recently murdered in the Portland area had previous run-ins with the law, including an incident during which he allegedly attempted to choke a police K-9.

Jesse Lee Calhoun, 38, is reportedly the person of interest in the string of four deaths and is now in custody, according to KOIN, which also reported Calhoun had several other clashes with the law in his past. He was released from prison early under a law signed by former Oregon Gov. Kate Brown.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/alleged-portland-killer-had-previously-tried-choke-police-k-9-was-released-prison-early-report
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1346 on: July 20, 2023, 01:30:35 pm »
Not sure whether this is specific to Portland, or just Oregon in general ...
Amiri King
@AmiriKing
CLOWN TOWN—Oregon inmate, Joseph Daniel Neilson, was sentenced to 24 years in prison for fondling and performing oral sex on a little girl he was babysitting in 2018.

Fast forward and Joseph has decided that he is trans and has changed his name to Nova June Neilson.

After a lengthy series of petty complaints about prison conditions, he submitted legal filings alleging that he is being denied ‘gender affirming care.’

A Circuit Court judge has now ordered the Oregon Department of Corrections to provide Nielson with ‘gender affirming care,’ courtesy of the American taxpayer. Now Nielson is going to receive facial feminization surgery, breast implants, tracheal shaving, and electrolysis hair removal treatment ON THE TAXPAYERS DIME.

A guy that sexually abused a little girl is going to receive a Barbie makeover with taxpayer money.

This is where we are at in America. 🙄
2:51 AM · Jul 20, 2023

Dude.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1347 on: July 20, 2023, 05:14:39 pm »
Not sure whether this is specific to Portland, or just Oregon in general ...
Dude.

@mountaineer

I think a better solution would be to put him in "general pop" and let the other prisoners do the make-over.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1348 on: July 20, 2023, 06:25:56 pm »

I think a better solution would be to put him in "general pop" and let the other prisoners do the make-over.
With a butter knife. Or a rusty saw.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 06:46:39 pm by mountaineer »

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1349 on: August 01, 2023, 04:53:01 pm »
Portland’s Multnomah County lost $1 BILLION from 2020-2021, as high earners left city amid riots, pandemic
Many who left were high earners that could do jobs remotely.

The Post Millennial
Jul 31, 2023
2 Minute Read

Multnomah County lost over $1 billion in income as high earners fled the area during the lockdowns, riots, and spikes in crime in the first year of the pandemic, according to a new report.

According to an analysis of data from the Internal Revenue Service by The Oregonian from income tax returns filed in 2020 and 2021, Multnomah County lost a net 14,257 tax filers and their dependents, many of whom were high earners who could do jobs remotely, resulting in a net income loss of over $1 billion.

The outlet reported that the average income of those who left in 2020, the most recent year available, was 14 percent higher than those who moved the previous year, yet the average income of those who remained in or moved to the county declined during the same time frame.

https://thepostmillennial.com/portlands-multnomah-county-lost-1-billion-from-2020-2021-high-earners-left-city-amid-riots-pandemic
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson