Author Topic: Battle Portland:  (Read 109115 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Battle Portland:
« Reply #275 on: August 30, 2020, 12:42:28 am »
To sum it up,every one of them was bright,had very pleasant social personalities,honestly seemed to MEAN well,but grew up living lives with no negative consequences for anything they did wrong. Family money or influence could always get them out of any trouble they got into,so they just didn't worry about it.

@sneakypete

Good post, Sneaks. I have spent most of my life working for the 'privileged class', one way or another... Some of whom you might know by name, but most of them, higher echelon business class folks with more money than sense... That's a big part of where I got my disdain for city folks, and science, and utter reliance on the system... The whole thing:

I see them folks at the apex of the pyramid in terms of social standing, business success - Success by any standard according to the world - Smart and flashy beautiful people with straight white teeth and perfect hair, and a 5000 ft2 'cabin' for a summer home with all the smart automation, and security, on 200 acres, parked out forest, a dock on the beach... Hell, sometimes the whole damn lake...

They have it all, except the all that matters. It is all so very empty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #276 on: August 30, 2020, 12:54:35 am »
@sneakypete

@roamer_1

At times it seems the more people have,the less they hold to be precious.

There is no loss I can think of greater than that.

A generalization to be sure,but other than the ones that made their wealth working in a field they are in love with,like computing,music,medicine,etc,etc,etc,the less humanity they seem to have.

Inherited money can be as big a curse as it is an aid.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #277 on: August 30, 2020, 01:07:00 am »
@sneakypete

Good post, Sneaks. I have spent most of my life working for the 'privileged class', one way or another... Some of whom you might know by name, but most of them, higher echelon business class folks with more money than sense... That's a big part of where I got my disdain for city folks, and science, and utter reliance on the system... The whole thing:

I see them folks at the apex of the pyramid in terms of social standing, business success - Success by any standard according to the world - Smart and flashy beautiful people with straight white teeth and perfect hair, and a 5000 ft2 'cabin' for a summer home with all the smart automation, and security, on 200 acres, parked out forest, a dock on the beach... Hell, sometimes the whole damn lake...

We lived on a canal just outside the river that leads to the Gulf of Mexico and from there you can virtually get to anywhere you want to go. Yes, we enjoyed sailing when we wanted and I would be in awe at the size of the houses on the river and at the mouth of the Gulf - most were in excess of 4,000 ft. and started around $1,000,000.00.  Many are only occupied part of the year or for a few months. Some are vacation homes for people to escape to from the harsh winters up north.  Some are vacation rentals.  The wealth is just unimaginable (at least to me).

So ... after the kids moved out and get married ... we aged ... no longer able to sail ... we seldom used the pool except when the grandkids visited ... we retired and decided it was absolutely ridiculous to keep paying the high cost of insurance, hurricane insurance, flood insurance, taxes, and up keep, and we weren't by any means even close to living in one of the $1,000,000.00 homes.

We downsized.  It took me awhile to get used to not living on saltwater - - we now have a very moderate home on a freshwater canal  -- I can sit and watch the migratory birds, herons, otters, various fish, ducks, and other wildlife. We are very comfortable and we aren't shelling out $$ every month for something that we don't use.

There's something to be said for living more simply. Money does not buy happiness.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #278 on: August 30, 2020, 01:08:55 am »
@roamer_1

At times it seems the more people have,the less they hold to be precious.

There is no loss I can think of greater than that.

A generalization to be sure,but other than the ones that made their wealth working in a field they are in love with,like computing,music,medicine,etc,etc,etc,the less humanity they seem to have.

Inherited money can be as big a curse as it is an aid.

@sneakypete
Yep. Parked out forest with cultured lawns... And not a single critter living there... Kinda says it all for me... a forest that has stopped being what a forest is for... Just.Empty.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #279 on: August 30, 2020, 01:30:31 am »
We downsized.  It took me awhile to get used to not living on saltwater - - we now have a very moderate home on a freshwater canal  -- I can sit and watch the migratory birds, herons, otters, various fish, ducks, and other wildlife. We are very comfortable and we aren't shelling out $$ every month for something that we don't use.

There's something to be said for living more simply. Money does not buy happiness.

I hear what you are saying... It's a different economy than mine, but yeah. Insurance? Nah. If the cabin burns down, you do just what I am doing now... and build another one. One just suitable for livin, and no more, or you will break your back trying to saw up the wood to keep it warm every year... Not to mention breaking your back building it in the first place... Only to have the forest burn it down again.

There's a reason why folks down your way used to live in grass huts. Hurricanes don't mean as much if you don't care if it blows all your crap away... A couple days to build a new hut and life goes on.

Now, where I am, the grass hut thing don't work. You need a substantial structure that don't mind 4 ft of snow on top of it... I switched gears out in the holler... I might have a mill up there by now, but I had to stop to protect the tent. Winter is around the corner, and without me being there all the time to get the snow off the tent, it would just collapse.

Built a proper floor and moved the tent on it, and now building a roof over the whole show. funny how that works. the main roof over the tent, with the tool shed as a lean-to on one side, and a lean-to on the other to keep a couple cords of wood dry... By the time I am done, I could pretty near board and batten the gable ends, tear the tent down, make a door and a window or two, and have a cabin. All that would be left is the porches and the stove.

It ain't how I set out, but it's how it went. All of a sudden, wait a minute... That's almost a cabin...  :thud:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #280 on: August 30, 2020, 01:53:46 am »
I hear what you are saying... It's a different economy than mine, but yeah. Insurance? Nah. If the cabin burns down, you do just what I am doing now... and build another one. One just suitable for livin, and no more, or you will break your back trying to saw up the wood to keep it warm every year... Not to mention breaking your back building it in the first place... Only to have the forest burn it down again.

There's a reason why folks down your way used to live in grass huts. Hurricanes don't mean as much if you don't care if it blows all your crap away... A couple days to build a new hut and life goes on.

Now, where I am, the grass hut thing don't work. You need a substantial structure that don't mind 4 ft of snow on top of it... I switched gears out in the holler... I might have a mill up there by now, but I had to stop to protect the tent. Winter is around the corner, and without me being there all the time to get the snow off the tent, it would just collapse.

Built a proper floor and moved the tent on it, and now building a roof over the whole show. funny how that works. the main roof over the tent, with the tool shed as a lean-to on one side, and a lean-to on the other to keep a couple cords of wood dry... By the time I am done, I could pretty near board and batten the gable ends, tear the tent down, make a door and a window or two, and have a cabin. All that would be left is the porches and the stove.
 -
It ain't how I set out, but it's how it went. All of a sudden, wait a minute... That's almost a cabin...  :thud:

When I lived in Alaska, some folks would pitch a large tent and build around it (only so many months to build) -- or they would build a garage and live in the garage and eventually add on to it -- at least they had shelter during the long winter months.  It was a different lifestyle; very harsh winters for sure but the peacefulness and being surrounded by mountains was worth it.

I also knew a couple of people who built entire homes out of foam insulation -- very cozy and warm in the winter even at -50 with just a woodstove.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #281 on: August 30, 2020, 02:44:24 am »
When I lived in Alaska, some folks would pitch a large tent and build around it (only so many months to build) -- or they would build a garage and live in the garage and eventually add on to it -- at least they had shelter during the long winter months.  It was a different lifestyle; very harsh winters for sure but the peacefulness and being surrounded by mountains was worth it.

Yup... You know the drill... Doing the whole thing with an AK chainsaw mill right now... Standard Outfitters tent... When I figured I needed to protect it, I built the floor off of the high-side of the tool shed I'd made, and made it big enough to account for the rigging too... and built a pole barn over that... Then a roof for the wood on the other side, and I had time to close that up... Still need to hang the battens on that... But yeah... it kinda just organically happens that I am building around the dang tent so much that all I have to do is close in the front and back now...

Still a helluva chore. Alaska chainsaw millin is not fun. I REALLY want that pto driven saw mill up there. Once I have a proper mill I am in high gear. And I could be cutting all winter and have it all stickered and waiting for spring...

But that ain't likely now. Another couple weeks and I will be starting to worry about snow up there. And there is no way I can get that big pole barn up for the mill in that short a time. And getting the tin in there with the fall rains probably won't happen. By the time hunting is over, that road will be  mud till it freezes and I can get in with a snow machine. But it's all good now. What I have up there can winter now, and I may just get those ends boarded up too. Haulin insulation in there might have to wait for snow.

I also knew a couple of people who built entire homes out of foam insulation -- very cozy and warm in the winter even at -50 with just a woodstove.

LOL! Yeah... Old trailer house with a foot of spray foam on the outside, with the hard foam outer candy shell... Painted camo... Same here...  :laugh:  :beer:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #282 on: August 30, 2020, 06:36:57 am »
Fatal shooting in Portland as Trump supporters clash with Black Lives Matter protesters

Police say it was not clear if shooting was linked to fights between protesters and caravan of Trump supporters

One person was shot and killed late Saturday in Portland, Oregon, as a large caravan of Donald Trump supporters and Black Lives Matter protesters clashed in the streets, police said.

It wasn’t clear if the shooting was linked to fights that broke out as a caravan of about 600 vehicles was confronted by protesters in the city’s downtown.

An Associated Press freelance photographer heard three gunshots and then observed police medics working on the body of the victim, who appeared to be a white man.

“Portland police officers heard sounds of gunfire from the area of Southeast 3rd Avenue and Southwest Alder Street,” Portland police said in a statement.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/30/fatal-shooting-in-portland-as-trump-supporters-clash-with-black-lives-matter-protesters
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #283 on: August 30, 2020, 09:30:24 am »
Before celebrating the demise of one more BLM/Antifa rioting thug, we need to realize that their lawlessness is causing a political tsunami of  support for Trump.  These guys do not need to muck up the Big Mo. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #284 on: August 30, 2020, 11:49:17 am »
Jim Hoft
@gatewaypundit

Portland Black Lives Matter Have Chained Themselves Together in Lobby of Leftist Mayor Ted Wheeler's Apartment https://thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/portland-black-lives-matter-chained-together-lobby-leftist-mayor-ted-wheelers-apartment/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons via @gatewaypundit

10:42 PM · Aug 28, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/gatewaypundit/status/1299537951815274497

These people have chained themselves to each other ... shouldn't someone chain himself/herself to the desk in the lobby?   :pondering:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #285 on: August 30, 2020, 12:04:17 pm »
Donald J. Trump Retweeted
Mayor Ted Wheeler
@tedwheeler

Today, I sent this letter via email to @realDonaldTrump  declining his recurring offer to aid Portland by sending federal enforcement to the city. https://portland.gov/sites/default/files/2020-08/8.28.20-letter-to-president-trump.pdf

3:49 PM · Aug 28, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/tedwheeler/status/1299433988600156160

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #286 on: August 30, 2020, 12:12:40 pm »
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — One person was shot and killed late Saturday in Portland, Oregon, as a large caravan of President Donald Trump supporters and Black Lives Matter protesters clashed in the streets, police said.

It wasn’t clear if the shooting was linked to fights that broke out as a caravan of about 600 vehicles was confronted by protesters in the city’s downtown.

An Associated Press freelance photographer heard three gunshots and then observed police medics working on the body of the victim, who appeared to be a white man. The freelancer said the man was wearing a hat bearing the insignia of Patriot Prayer, a right-wing group whose members have frequently clashed with protesters in Portland in the past. ...
Associated Press

Some of Andy Ngo's tweets on the murder, compiled:
“I am not sad that a f—ing fascist died tonight,” says a woman at the antifa gathering in downtown Portland. The crowd laughs and cheers. The ID of the deceased is not confirmed but he is believed to be a Trump & blue lives supporter. #PortlandRiots

“He was a f—ing Nazi! Our community held its own.”
Antifa & BLM in Portland celebrate the homicide of a purported Trump supporter who was affiliated with Patriot Prayer, a Portland-area conservative group.

“I am not sad that a f—ing fascist died tonight,” says a woman at the antifa gathering in downtown Portland. The crowd laughs and cheers. The ID of the deceased is not confirmed but he is believed to be a Trump & blue lives supporter. #PortlandRiots

After finding out that it was a "blue lives matter" supporter who was killed, antifa in Portland are very happy. They're dancing and chanting now. #PortlandRiots

It sounds like someone is shouting, “We got a Trumper right here” just before the shots are fired and the man is killed.

A Trump supporter who participated in the Portland caravan rally was shot & killed in downtown Portland. Antifa & BLM extremists physically blocked them on the road & threw projectiles. After the man's death was known, antifa celebrated & danced.

Antifa burn a US flag to celebrate the death of the man shot in downtown Portland. They call him a “fascist” despite not knowing who he is. #PortlandRiots

See all, plus videos, at https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #287 on: August 30, 2020, 12:46:09 pm »
Ian Miles Cheong reports:
On the 93rd day of riots and protests in Portland, Ore., a Trump supporter was fatally shot. He was identified by his "Patriot Prayer" hat and his shooting death was caught by multiple livestreamers.

As cars drive through the intersection, a man can be seen pulling a gun and shooting. The man who is hit stumbles and falls and is then illuminated by headlights.

Here is video recorded from a distance of the shooting. pic.twitter.com/wtxItCDMay ...

After the man was murdered, his death was celebrated as a victory over Trump, and the dead man was assumed to be a Nazi.  ...
Full story, photos, etc., at the Post Millennial

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #288 on: August 30, 2020, 01:02:34 pm »
Ian Miles Cheong reports:Full story, photos, etc., at the Post Millennial

That's it for me!   Need a 3 mile walk around Seneca Lake.    9999hair out0000
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #289 on: August 30, 2020, 01:03:50 pm »
That's it for me!   Need a 3 mile walk around Seneca Lake.    9999hair out0000
I know how you feel. Going to church first, then the walk!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #290 on: August 30, 2020, 01:37:34 pm »
@Fishrrman

Why is it that I suspect she,and most likely both parents,were Trust Fund Children?
Wanna meet her partner?

We Can't Have a Feminist Future Without Abolishing the Family
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qjdzwb/sophie-lewis-feminist-abolishing-the-family-full-surrogacy-now
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #291 on: August 30, 2020, 02:10:49 pm »
more here

Portland Black Lives Matter Monsters Cheer and Celebrate Murder of Patriot Prayer Member (VIDEO)
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/portland-black-lives-matter-monster-cheer-celebrate-murder-patriot-prayer-member-video/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #292 on: August 30, 2020, 02:20:17 pm »
catfish wrote:
"Before celebrating the demise of one more BLM/Antifa rioting thug, we need to realize that their lawlessness is causing a political tsunami of  support for Trump."

But... if that is the case... perhaps the incident of young Kyle Rittenhouse has ALSO started a political tsunami, as well...?

But more than that... it may become "a wave of action" by traditional-minded Americans of physical opposition to the antifa/blm/communist insurgents. I would endorse and applaud such "action".
Think of the old, original "Death Wish" film.

Hmmmm....
Upon further reading of the posts above, looks like it was "one of ours" who was killed.
What were the circumstances?
Was there a confrontation?
Or was it unprovoked?

Now... let's see what happens in the coming nights.
Will the right back down?
Or... will they (like the terminator) "be back"...?

Looks like "the battle lines" are being drawn, and that "Civil War II" is getting close to "going hot"...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 02:28:56 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #293 on: August 30, 2020, 02:43:05 pm »
Man 'in a Patriot Prayer hat' is shot dead in Portland during violent clashes between Trump supporters and BLM: Chaos on the 95th night of unrest after caravan of 600 cars waving MAGA flags drove into the city and confronted protesters

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8678107/Trumps-Portland-caravan-drives-city-thousands-attend-rallies-supporting-president.html

lots of photos and videos at link
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #294 on: August 30, 2020, 02:43:57 pm »
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #295 on: August 30, 2020, 02:58:20 pm »
Donald Trump Shares Message Describing Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler as a ‘Useless F**king Idiot’
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/30/donald-trump-shares-message-describing-portland-mayor-ted-wheeler-as-a-useless-fking-idiot/
Support the USO

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #296 on: August 30, 2020, 03:19:41 pm »
RE mystery's post 295...

Can't say that I disagree with that assessment...

Addendum:
I've posted this often before, but I'll repeat:
At some point, federal troops are gonna have to "go in" to Portland.
I understand how this could be a problem before the election, so this leaves Mr. Trump with a predicament:
How long can he refrain from doing what needs to be done...?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 03:21:25 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #297 on: August 30, 2020, 03:20:16 pm »
Man 'in a Patriot Prayer hat' is shot dead in Portland during violent clashes between Trump supporters and BLM: Chaos on the 95th night of unrest after caravan of 600 cars waving MAGA flags drove into the city and confronted protesters

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8678107/Trumps-Portland-caravan-drives-city-thousands-attend-rallies-supporting-president.html

lots of photos and videos at link

I’d imagine those “protesters” didn’t think about rushing those vehicles facing lots of muzzles. 

But that’s a side point.   The main point that I take away from this is that it is the next level of unrest. The left will now start appearing at these things more conspicuously armed.  The next step after that will be skirmishes and ultimately will escalate into full-fledged battles.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #298 on: August 30, 2020, 03:44:43 pm »
Ian Miles Cheong reports:Full story, photos, etc., at the Post Millennial

So this 600 truck convoy left one of their own dead there?  I hope our side has more stomach than that if they are serious about this.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #299 on: August 30, 2020, 03:50:15 pm »
These people have chained themselves to each other ... shouldn't someone chain himself/herself to the desk in the lobby?   :pondering:

@Right_in_Virginia

How ironic is it that ALL those chained "BLM protestors" are white?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!