Author Topic: Battle Portland:  (Read 109177 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Battle Portland:
« Reply #225 on: August 23, 2020, 05:29:48 am »
We just took a couple of lengths of fairly large bore surgical tubing, a coffee can, and had a guy on each end of the tubing and the shooter/loader doing the dirty work of aiming and firing. Basically a large slingshot. We used softball or smaller balloons because they wouldn't splatter from the acceleration of being catapulted. Firing from uphill, we could hit an intersection roughly 240 yards away away (Google Earth measurement).  We got dangerously good, and nailed a campus security car on the hood one night. Needless to say, the light show started down there, so we ditched the slingshot in the hedge and walked about 100 ft away and sat down and waited for that to cool off, watching as the areas around the closest dorms to the intersection were searched. No one though to look all the way up the hill at us... :shrug:
We were 'nice' and used nothing but water. :laugh:

We started off with a catapult... Similar to what you describe... Adapted that to the PVC pipe to get better aiming and targeting capability... Only went so far though, as we had to slot the sides of the pipe, pass a handle through the slots, with the surgical tubing anchored at the top of the barrel on both sides, tied to the handles... Increment marked on the slots gave us range... But it was not reliable. the slots weakened the barrel giving us multiple failures, and if the balloon contacted the slot on the side at all it would go between the slot and the handle, causing immediate failure - blowing up in the barrel. So we finally wound up in a push spring to avoid the slotting.

But ALL kinds of fun... And yeah, funnier than heck watchin' Barney getting all frustrated, impotently trying to find the 'evil doers'...   :nono: :nono:  We gave it up after a few weekends, because the cops were getting close... Man. what a blast. Good clean fun.

Funny, this coming up in my head... It's just about punkin chunkin time.  :pondering: :laugh:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #226 on: August 23, 2020, 05:59:29 am »
We started off with a catapult... Similar to what you describe... Adapted that to the PVC pipe to get better aiming and targeting capability... Only went so far though, as we had to slot the sides of the pipe, pass a handle through the slots, with the surgical tubing anchored at the top of the barrel on both sides, tied to the handles... Increment marked on the slots gave us range... But it was not reliable. the slots weakened the barrel giving us multiple failures, and if the balloon contacted the slot on the side at all it would go between the slot and the handle, causing immediate failure - blowing up in the barrel. So we finally wound up in a push spring to avoid the slotting.

But ALL kinds of fun... And yeah, funnier than heck watchin' Barney getting all frustrated, impotently trying to find the 'evil doers'...   :nono: :nono:  We gave it up after a few weekends, because the cops were getting close... Man. what a blast. Good clean fun.

Funny, this coming up in my head... It's just about punkin chunkin time.  :pondering: :laugh:
:beer: Yeah, we gave up because our surgical tubing was deteriorating (and when it broke we lost range and got welts). Our supply source didn't want to liberate any more from the bio department, so we decided to quit before we were discovered. :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #227 on: August 23, 2020, 02:49:02 pm »
BLM extremists beg for police help after fed-up patriots clobber them: ‘When the cops are gone, you’re gonna deal with us’

many videos

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/08/23/blm-extremists-beg-for-police-help-after-fed-up-patriots-clobber-them-when-the-cops-are-gone-youre-gonna-deal-with-us-963422
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2020, 02:50:20 pm »
WATCH: Portland Rioters Bring Guillotine, Burn American Flags

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #229 on: August 23, 2020, 03:37:12 pm »
Shirtless hotshot cries for ‘medic’ after he gets maced by cops repeatedly for rushing at them…repeatedly
August 16, 2020 | Vivek Saxena

The video and comments at the site are priceless! 

"Medic!  We need a medic!  Medic!"  -  BWAAAHAAAAHAAA
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #230 on: August 23, 2020, 06:24:22 pm »
Mr. Johnson's former veep lost. Probably the last patriotic Democrat to run for POTUS.
Well, I'd say all Democrats who lost have shown symptoms of being patriotic to this country by the fact they lost.

I know, I know, I'm implying Hillary is patriotic.  No I am not, she was strangely simply patriotic to the country by the ineptness she displayed so we did not have her to lead us, nothing more.  Bill never displayed that type of patriotism.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #231 on: August 23, 2020, 06:36:36 pm »
Well, I'd say all Democrats who lost have shown symptoms of being patriotic to this country by the fact they lost.

I know, I know, I'm implying Hillary is patriotic.  No I am not, she was strangely simply patriotic to the country by the ineptness she displayed so we did not have her to lead us, nothing more.  Bill never displayed that type of patriotism.

Put another way, we knew every great once in a while Hillz was liable to be bribed into doing the right thing, while Sloe Joe will be a slave to those who will never, ever do the right thing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2020, 03:41:21 pm »
88 Nights of Destruction: Rioters Attempt to Set Police Station Ablaze in Portland

Police stood down as hundreds of protesters gathered at the Portland Police Bureau in Northeast Portland on Sunday night only to declare a riot around 11 p.m. when the awning of the building was set on fire.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/24/88-nights-of-destruction-rioters-attempt-to-set-police-station-ablaze-in-portland/
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2020, 03:44:23 pm »
88 Nights of Destruction: Rioters Attempt to Set Police Station Ablaze in Portland

Police stood down as hundreds of protesters gathered at the Portland Police Bureau in Northeast Portland on Sunday night only to declare a riot around 11 p.m. when the awning of the building was set on fire.

@mystery-ak

Cool! Isn't standing around and watching the city burn why the taxpayers pay the police dept expenses and the salaries and benefits of the city council?

Burn,baby burn!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #234 on: August 24, 2020, 04:28:15 pm »
Portland Police  @PortlandPolice
Aftermath: A violent crowd confronted officers at North Precinct the evening of August 23rd, into the following morning. Officers were targeted with ceramic debris, rocks, heavy metal bolts, fires, and more.  When the crowd cleared, they left behind a field of debris.

11:04 AM · Aug 24, 2020

Video at

https://twitter.com/PortlandPolice/status/1297912729101991936
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2020, 04:44:43 pm »
@mystery-ak
Burn,baby burn!
I hope they burn all of Portland down.
Antifa/BLM would be doing a national service for all America.
After if they go north to Seattle or south to CA, either way America wins.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #236 on: August 25, 2020, 11:55:43 am »
Andy Ngô   @MrAndyNgo
New report confirms what we all knew: Mayor @tedwheeler instructed police to stand down in the face of riots. Having no opposition, antifa then strategically worked to develop a system to main the riots now for almost 3 months.
Portland’s protests: 3 months in, no end in sight
And so, as the city prepares to enter month four, Wheeler seems to find himself very near where he was during month one: without a clear plan to end the now-regular clashes between the police force...
5:54 PM · Aug 24, 2020

Andy cites this article:
Portland’s protests: 3 months in, no end in sight
By Rebecca Ellis (OPB)
Aug. 24, 2020 9 a.m.

Mayor Ted Wheeler says the city is "considering all options” to end nightly clashes between police, protesters, but he lacks a clear plan.  ...

Police say it’s not clear how they’re supposed to address individual crimes in the midst of a sprawling crowd. Asking police to make targeted arrests in a swarm of hundreds of people could put both officers and peaceful protesters in danger. Officers worry that not going in at all would be an abdication of their duties.

The mayor recognizes the problem with these scenes that play out on the streets of his city every night: non-violent protesters facing force as police respond to the misbehavior of a few. He just hasn’t found the answer.

“This is the issue, right? I mean, this is the main question,” Wheeler said. “...How do you hold that small number of people accountable without infringing on the First Amendment rights of everyone else?”   ...
Read entire article at Oregon Public Broadcasting

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #237 on: August 25, 2020, 03:17:42 pm »
In the real world , Ngo would be getting a Pulitzer.  We all know controls that narrative though, don't we.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #238 on: August 25, 2020, 03:57:53 pm »
Are the Democrats still claiming these are 'peaceful protests'?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #239 on: August 25, 2020, 04:18:22 pm »
In the real world , Ngo would be getting a Pulitzer.  We all know controls that narrative though, don't we.

:yowsa: So it will never happen!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HuskyPatriot

« Reply #240 on: August 25, 2020, 06:26:37 pm »
Mayor Wheeler is now miserably cornered by his own incompetence from the get go and now he's putting up his hands crying over his supposed need to separate the "peaceful" demonstrators from the rioters or he will get thumped by the PC crowd?  It's a mob, plain and simple.  Let the authorities do their jobs.  "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead"!!!   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #241 on: August 25, 2020, 06:32:01 pm »
Mayor Wheeler is now miserably cornered by his own incompetence from the get go and now he's putting up his hands crying over his supposed need to separate the "peaceful" demonstrators from the rioters or he will get thumped by the PC crowd?  It's a mob, plain and simple.  Let the authorities do their jobs.  "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead"!!!

Leftists are laboring under the illusion there are such things as "peaceful protestors," and they can be filtered from the thugs.  Uh no, after three straight months I don't think "Kumbaya" is on the front of anybody's mind when they show up in Portland to "demonstrate."

Screw that.  Assume they are all violent and you'll do a lot better than assuming they are peaceful.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #242 on: August 25, 2020, 07:12:41 pm »
Portland protesters sue federal agents for injuries
by Anna Giaritelli, Homeland Security Reporter |
 | August 25, 2020 01:36 PM

Four Oregonians who took part in Black Lives Matter protests in downtown Portland last month sued Trump administration officials for injuries sustained as a result of Department of Homeland Security agents' “unconstitutional” attacks on them during the demonstrations and want the federal government to pay for the hardships they say they suffered.

The class-action lawsuit — aimed at acting DHS Secretary Chad Wolf; senior official performing the duties of deputy secretary, Ken Cuccinelli; and 200 unnamed DHS law enforcement agents — alleges the demonstrators were “peacefully protesting” downtown in late July when federal agents "operated beyond their authority, by using unconstitutional and unnecessary force against Black Lives Matter protesters."

“These federal agents used chemical and impact munitions designed for war zones against American civilians," lawyers representing the four plaintiffs wrote in an announcement of the lawsuit. "Their actions resulted in hundreds of injuries to peacefully protesting women and men of all races, ages and walks of life."

The four people suing allege they were wounded at events where federal agents were present, though local police were also present at the incidents and are not being sued for any potential role in the injuries. The lawsuit asks for the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon to deem the actions of federal agents unconstitutional and award “unspecified compensatory and punitive damages to each peaceful protester subjected to chemical munitions."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/portland-protesters-sue-federal-agents-for-injuries
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

« Reply #243 on: August 25, 2020, 07:49:16 pm »
The federal court can impose sanctions against any plaintiff who files a frivolous lawsuit. If ever there was a time for it ...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #244 on: August 25, 2020, 10:13:23 pm »
Portland protesters sue federal agents for injuries
by Anna Giaritelli, Homeland Security Reporter |
 | August 25, 2020 01:36 PM

@mystery-ak

As a wise man once noted (Shakespeare,IIRC) "The first thing we will do when we take over is kill all the lawyers."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #245 on: August 25, 2020, 10:14:39 pm »
The federal court can impose sanctions against any plaintiff who files a frivolous lawsuit. If ever there was a time for it ...

@mountaineer

Unfortunately,it seems most (all?) of the federal judges are more political than the Clinton's.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #246 on: August 26, 2020, 12:12:50 am »
Leftists are laboring under the illusion there are such things as "peaceful protestors," and they can be filtered from the thugs.  Uh no, after three straight months I don't think "Kumbaya" is on the front of anybody's mind when they show up in Portland to "demonstrate."

Screw that.  Assume they are all violent and you'll do a lot better than assuming they are peaceful.

One can hang around dog sh!t and not touch it, but still will end up smelling like it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #247 on: August 26, 2020, 12:21:07 am »
One can hang around dog sh!t and not touch it, but still will end up smelling like it.

And Portland has smelt like dog shit since 2017.
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #248 on: August 26, 2020, 04:15:56 pm »
Meet Antifa's 'Alice Phallus.' When She's Not Rioting, She's a 'Life Coach' for Portland's At-Risk Youth

Antifa’s Alice Phallus Is Arrested

Police say they arrested 14. Among them was Alice Elizabeth Johnson. The woman, who just celebrated her 28 birthday – Happy Birthday, Alice! – was charged with interfering with a Portland Police officer. She was let off on her own recognizance and required to post $0.00 bail. Zero. That’s a nice birthday present from the new DA.

At night, Alice appears to be an antifa warrior for the far Left. She leaves the comfort of home to take on imaginary fascists and racists. Fascists and racists are defined as people who don’t agree with her. For example, you’re a “fascist” and a “racist” if you support police officers.

She looks fierce with her shaved head and mean spirit.

more
https://pjmedia.com/uncategorized/victoria-taft/2020/08/26/meet-antifas-alice-phallus-when-shes-not-rioting-shes-a-life-coach-for-portlands-at-risk-youth-n843246
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #249 on: August 26, 2020, 04:44:06 pm »
Meet Antifa's 'Alice Phallus.' When She's Not Rioting, She's a 'Life Coach' for Portland's At-Risk Youth

Is that her "war face?"
I will NOT comply.