Author Topic: Battle Portland:  (Read 109120 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Battle Portland:
« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2020, 04:00:55 pm »
Officers said they didn’t intervene at that point because it was only property, and they figured allowing the rampaging to run its course might deescalate the situation.
But after some protesters burst through the police car barricade officers said they used smoke grenades and made some arrests — then retreated, hoping things would calm down.

Idiots.

Sorry for asking, but just how does one poop in a balloon? And who would be that level of unsanitary?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2020, 04:14:22 pm »
Officers said they didn’t intervene at that point because it was only property, and they figured allowing the rampaging to run its course might deescalate the situation.
But after some protesters burst through the police car barricade officers said they used smoke grenades and made some arrests — then retreated, hoping things would calm down.

Idiots.

Doesn't anybody here know how to play this game?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2020, 05:04:56 pm »
Doesn't anybody here know how to play this game?

@Cyber Liberty

Of course. The question that need to be asked is "Who has the stones to play it like it needs to be played?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2020, 06:16:46 pm »
Time to strip some of the cell phones away and see who has been texting instructions to these terrorists.

These little fish are expendable, but the big boys are not and need to be located and arrested.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2020, 07:18:12 pm »
Sorry for asking, but just how does one poop in a balloon? And who would be that level of unsanitary?
It takes a unique form of insanity to stuff poo into a balloon.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2020, 07:20:48 pm »
Time to strip some of the cell phones away and see who has been texting instructions to these terrorists.

These little fish are expendable, but the big boys are not and need to be located and arrested.

@IsailedawayfromFR  888high58888 888high58888

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2020, 07:57:34 pm »

Yeppers!  pointing-up pointing-up :yowsa:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2020, 10:35:28 pm »
Police tweet about the $#!t balloons:
Portland Police   @PortlandPolice
Not sure whose job it was to make these....

Just when we thought we had seen it all in over 80 days.
Feces filled balloons thrown during riot on August 22 2020.
2:41 PM · Aug 22, 2020

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #208 on: August 22, 2020, 10:44:11 pm »
Police tweet about the $#!t balloons:
The same thing was done at the dem convention riots in Chicago in '68, only they used plastic bags--also golf balls w/ nails hammered through them, iirc.

Fecal matter should have DNA in it. Trace it to the source...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 10:46:02 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #209 on: August 22, 2020, 10:45:55 pm »
The same thing was done at the dem convention riots in Chicago in '68, only they used plastic bags--also golf balls w/ nails hammered through them, iirc.

How did that '68 election turn out for the Democrats?  Asking for a friend.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #210 on: August 22, 2020, 10:48:37 pm »
How did that '68 election turn out for the Democrats?  Asking for a friend.
Mr. Johnson's former veep lost. Probably the last patriotic Democrat to run for POTUS.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2020, 11:12:12 pm »
Today's festivities:
Andy Ngô  @MrAndyNgo
Another mass brawl breaks out in downtown Portland. Proud Boys and other right-wing groups rush in and fight #antifa, who are pushed back. Bats, sticks and pepper spray are used in the brutal melee. #PortlandRiots

7:08 PM · Aug 22, 2020·
Video here: 

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1297309736455397377

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2020, 12:01:24 am »
Today's festivities:Video here: 

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1297309736455397377
I like the idea of spraying them with a permanent marker like purple so one can identify them easily.

Police protection in Portland is the biggest joke in the nation right now.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #213 on: August 23, 2020, 12:04:15 am »
I like the idea of spraying them with a permanent marker like purple so one can identify them easily.
I agree. It also should have a distinctive "skunklike" scent.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #214 on: August 23, 2020, 12:05:38 am »
I agree. It also should have a distinctive "skunklike" scent.

Ineffective.  Would probably make them smell better.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #215 on: August 23, 2020, 01:22:24 am »

Well... It is my sad state to acknowledge a certain familiarity...  :whistle:

I built a water balloon gun out of a surveyors tripod, 10 ft of 4" PVC and a garage door spring... It was magnificent. Set up on top of the college building on main street, since I could remember the angle and direction, We (me and Richie) dialed that puppy in on a stop light 2 blocks away, aiming for the second car in a theoretical line of stopped cars... Noted the increment, angle, and direction, and marked the position of the legs...

The next night (Saturday night), whoever the poor bastard was in the 2nd position on the inside lane got a fantasic peppering of water balloons... I mean, it was grand. It was really easy to load, and like a mortar team, we got real good at it... By the time the fist one hit, we could get 7 or 8 in the air following.

The absolute highlight of the evening was a literal bombardment of a late 60's Pontiac Bonneville ragtop (with the top down) STUFFED to the gills with young ladies...

I swear I had never laughed that hard ever in my life. And we never even came close to getting caught - Even peppering the cops with abandon. The angle was so high and we were so concealed that no one ever figured it out. It was one of the very best few weekends of my life. By the time we were done we had it dialed in on the sidewalks, various cars in the ordered length of stopped cars waiting on the light, and eventually even pot-shotting traveling cars going through intersections. All from a couple lawn chairs on the college building roof, with a cooler of beer between us, and a couple hundred water balloons per night.

BUT, certain events happened some time thereafter requiring vengeance... As to the type=pig... As to the how= Watered down a bit and stirred smooth, loaded into a 5 gal bucket, with a pneumatic grease gun for a lid... As to the hygiene... Shrugs... Ain't like I ain't seen pig sh*t before (like, daily). As a redneck boy, I am well acquainted with all kinds of sh*t, and as immune as one could ever be.

As to the target, well that will remain unsaid.  But it was a big target, of reasonably high value, with it's occupants, and all thoroughly coated before we relented.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2020, 01:26:35 am »
It takes a unique form of insanity to stuff poo into a balloon.

Thank you. I do try my best.  :beer:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2020, 02:29:57 am »
I built a water balloon gun out of a surveyors tripod, 10 ft of 4" PVC and a garage door spring... It was magnificent.

Can you provide a drawing, sir?  Garage door springs can be lethal in their own right.  But I'm trying to figure out how you used that to accelerate the balloons.  (ME is not my forte)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #218 on: August 23, 2020, 03:09:13 am »
Can you provide a drawing, sir?  Garage door springs can be lethal in their own right.  But I'm trying to figure out how you used that to accelerate the balloons.  (ME is not my forte)

@Hoodat @roamer-1

I want to know how he kept them from bursting even before they left the barrel/launch tube.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #219 on: August 23, 2020, 03:15:50 am »
Probably used steel-belted radial rubbers, the ones you would use in a Bangkok brothel.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #220 on: August 23, 2020, 04:36:25 am »

@Hoodat @roamer-1

I want to know how he kept them from bursting even before they left the barrel/launch tube.

Well no, it ain't the sort of thing I kept around for 35/40 years... But as far as I recall, the spring was the ticket. It was about 5 ft of an old push style garage door spring... Had a comparatively soft take-off, with gaining push as it was let loose. The other serious concern was getting the balloons filled just so... By weight, and always the same brand through a series, as not all balloons are the same.

The way it was fixed to the tripod was important too, once the trajectory was established, the barrel could be loosened and allowed to slide back to hit the ground, and then tightened down... there was a flange built in to step on with weight on fire, to control recoil and keep aim precise. We also used it bazooka style, repeatable accuracy required a more mortar style configuration.

Lastly, the firing mechanism was the spring, with an old pot lid to act as a cradle - The center hole of the pot lid being used as a tie point for a rope that went down through the spring to a slotted keyhole in the cap at the bottom of the barrel which was the way to cock it, and a knot in the string provided proper tension... Kick the knot down out of the slot to fire.

That's about all I remember.  :shrug:

« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 04:38:28 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2020, 05:00:04 am »
Well... It is my sad state to acknowledge a certain familiarity...  :whistle:

I built a water balloon gun out of a surveyors tripod, 10 ft of 4" PVC and a garage door spring... It was magnificent. Set up on top of the college building on main street, since I could remember the angle and direction, We (me and Richie) dialed that puppy in on a stop light 2 blocks away, aiming for the second car in a theoretical line of stopped cars... Noted the increment, angle, and direction, and marked the position of the legs...

The next night (Saturday night), whoever the poor bastard was in the 2nd position on the inside lane got a fantasic peppering of water balloons... I mean, it was grand. It was really easy to load, and like a mortar team, we got real good at it... By the time the fist one hit, we could get 7 or 8 in the air following.

The absolute highlight of the evening was a literal bombardment of a late 60's Pontiac Bonneville ragtop (with the top down) STUFFED to the gills with young ladies...

I swear I had never laughed that hard ever in my life. And we never even came close to getting caught - Even peppering the cops with abandon. The angle was so high and we were so concealed that no one ever figured it out. It was one of the very best few weekends of my life. By the time we were done we had it dialed in on the sidewalks, various cars in the ordered length of stopped cars waiting on the light, and eventually even pot-shotting traveling cars going through intersections. All from a couple lawn chairs on the college building roof, with a cooler of beer between us, and a couple hundred water balloons per night.

BUT, certain events happened some time thereafter requiring vengeance... As to the type=pig... As to the how= Watered down a bit and stirred smooth, loaded into a 5 gal bucket, with a pneumatic grease gun for a lid... As to the hygiene... Shrugs... Ain't like I ain't seen pig sh*t before (like, daily). As a redneck boy, I am well acquainted with all kinds of sh*t, and as immune as one could ever be.

As to the target, well that will remain unsaid.  But it was a big target, of reasonably high value, with it's occupants, and all thoroughly coated before we relented.
We just took a couple of lengths of fairly large bore surgical tubing, a coffee can, and had a guy on each end of the tubing and the shooter/loader doing the dirty work of aiming and firing. Basically a large slingshot. We used softball or smaller balloons because they wouldn't splatter from the acceleration of being catapulted. Firing from uphill, we could hit an intersection roughly 240 yards away away (Google Earth measurement).  We got dangerously good, and nailed a campus security car on the hood one night. Needless to say, the light show started down there, so we ditched the slingshot in the hedge and walked about 100 ft away and sat down and waited for that to cool off, watching as the areas around the closest dorms to the intersection were searched. No one though to look all the way up the hill at us... :shrug:
We were 'nice' and used nothing but water. :laugh:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 05:02:05 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2020, 05:03:27 am »
@Hoodat @roamer-1

You don't fill them really full, so the tension on the balloon is low and they can withstand the compression of acceleration. Impact is another story. :whistle:

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2020, 05:07:11 am »
You don't fill them really full, so the tension on the balloon is low and they can withstand the compression of acceleration. Impact is another story. :whistle:

@Smokin Joe

Thanks. I am not clever enough to understand those dynamics. It would never have even occurred to me to try it.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2020, 05:09:22 am »
@Smokin Joe

Thanks. I am not clever enough to understand those dynamics. It would never have even occurred to me to try it.
Sure you would have. Just think of trying to throw one completely full and tight (you're going to get wet), versus leaving a little slack in it...

C S Lewis