Author Topic: Liberals are never scared to speak up. Why are conservatives?  (Read 819 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liberals are never scared to speak up. Why are conservatives?
by Eddie Scarry, Commentary Writer |
 | July 25, 2020 07:59 AM

A handful of friends and I have spoken privately about the crippling anxiety apparently only experienced by independents and right-leaners when politics comes up in a social setting. Right up until now, it was just a theory.

A new study confirms what we suspected all along: Liberals really do feel like they can spew their thoughts freely, while everyone else quivers with fear that anything they say might offend.

The Cato Institute, a libertarian think tank, published a study this week showing that overall, 62% of people in the United States believe that the current “political climate” keeps them from sharing their political opinions. Broken down by ideology, however, self-identified liberals and “strong” liberals were significantly more likely to feel comfortable airing their opinions than centrists or conservatives.

Respondents were asked whether they agreed or disagreed with the statement, “The political climate these days prevents me from saying things I believe because others might find them offensive.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/liberals-are-never-scared-to-speak-up-why-are-conservatives
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Liberals are never scared to speak up. Why are conservatives?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 10:46:15 pm »
That explains a lot.  Conservatives won't beat you to death with a bike lock if you don't agree with them.  Anarchists will, with gusto.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 10:49:13 pm »
That explains a lot.  Conservatives won't beat you to death with a bike lock if you don't agree with them.  Anarchists will, with gusto.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 10:45:56 am »
Which is why more conservatives should be packing. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 11:04:41 am »
Centrists and conservatives are the heart of America. Leftists are the gristle waste.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 12:36:50 pm »
Like that poem said: "The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 01:22:52 pm »
But in the end, conservatives will kill to defend themselves, family or property.

Libs won't do that, as bullies are cowards at heart.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 01:33:40 pm »
But in the end, conservatives will kill to defend themselves, family or property.

Libs won't do that, as bullies are cowards at heart.

That conservative has to be cornered to do that.  The stakes have to be high, because of the high value conservatives put on life.  To a lefty, life is cheap as long as it isn't theirs.  Criminals are inherently lefties.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2020, 01:41:36 pm »
Because liberals have mastered cheap appeals to emotion and bumper sticker slogans.

Appeals to common sense require explanation and, most importantly, a listening audience willing to allow it.

Why would a progressive allow themselves to be overwhelmed by logic when they can toss out a cheap throw away line, plug their ears and holler 'lalala'?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2020, 01:52:16 pm »
I think there are plenty of conservatives speaking up as loudly as they can!  They just can't get any ink or airtime except for the occasional talk show appearance and even that is tightly controled.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2020, 02:07:46 pm »
That conservative has to be cornered to do that.  The stakes have to be high, because of the high value conservatives put on life.  To a lefty, life is cheap as long as it isn't theirs.  Criminals are inherently lefties.
That's why I said 'In the end'.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2020, 02:08:48 pm »
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2020, 03:24:20 pm »
Because liberals have mastered cheap appeals to emotion and bumper sticker slogans.

Appeals to common sense require explanation and, most importantly, a listening audience willing to allow it.

Why would a progressive allow themselves to be overwhelmed by logic when they can toss out a cheap throw away line, plug their ears and holler 'lalala'?

The Left is all rainbows, puppies and kittens, a statement issued by the public relations firm of CNNBCBS Inc. confirmed in their latest (and every) news report.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2020, 04:14:49 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak

I had a sister-in-law who was liberal to the left of Stalin.
She would come to my townhouse (townhouses are connected to each other so there was a townhouse to my right and left, which meant double walls were between us.), and this would happen every time:

At the beginning, I knew which wine she liked so I would have a bottle for her.  I stopped doing that, because she would finish that bottle and want more.  I told the man who always came with her, to buy her bottles before they came.

So, she would get drunk, stand in the middle of the floor and start yelling against conservatives (that would be me as one), such as we were destroying the world due to climate change, big companies were evil because the owners did not give most of their money to the employees because the employees made that money for the owners.  Rich people were evil.  And yelling on and on.  The neighbor on one side called me and asked if I was okay as she heard "screaming".

What did I do while this was going on?  Nothing.  You can't talk sense to a drunk, screaming/yelling person, and when she was sober, it was the same except not loud.  The man with her when she was drunk, would lead her to bed where she collapsed until the next morning.  By evening of that next day, it was the same with the drinking and yelling.

I never brought up politics with her when not drunk or drunk because she would never consider anything except what she believed, so maybe that is one reason why conservatives don't speak up - the liberals are out of control, sober or drunk.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 04:16:27 pm by Victoria33 »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2020, 04:24:42 pm »
@Victoria33  Those are the kinds of people we have to separate ourselves from to maintain our own sanity.  Insanity is contagious.

You are spot-on about dealing with drunks (you can't), and it's telling a person acts like that while sober too.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2020, 12:13:11 am »
@Victoria33  Those are the kinds of people we have to separate ourselves from to maintain our own sanity.  Insanity is contagious.

You are spot-on about dealing with drunks (you can't), and it's telling a person acts like that while sober too.
Proverbs 14:7
Leave the presence of a fool, for there you do not meet words of knowledge.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2020, 12:18:48 am »
The Left is all rainbows, puppies and kittens, a statement issued by the public relations firm of CNNBCBS Inc. confirmed in their latest (and every) news report.

And there is nothing you or I can say that will disabuse them of this fervent belief.

You cannot win over an emotional basket case with logic.  That would be 'mansplaining' or an 'assumption of whiteness'. Or some other stupid slogan born of academia.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 12:20:41 am by skeeter »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2020, 12:28:04 am »
Centrists and conservatives are the heart of America. Leftists are the gristle waste.

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2020, 12:34:07 am »
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak

I had a sister-in-law who was liberal to the left of Stalin.
She would come to my townhouse (townhouses are connected to each other so there was a townhouse to my right and left, which meant double walls were between us.), and this would happen every time:

At the beginning, I knew which wine she liked so I would have a bottle for her.  I stopped doing that, because she would finish that bottle and want more.  I told the man who always came with her, to buy her bottles before they came.

So, she would get drunk, stand in the middle of the floor and start yelling against conservatives (that would be me as one), such as we were destroying the world due to climate change, big companies were evil because the owners did not give most of their money to the employees because the employees made that money for the owners.  Rich people were evil.  And yelling on and on.  The neighbor on one side called me and asked if I was okay as she heard "screaming".

What did I do while this was going on?  Nothing.  You can't talk sense to a drunk, screaming/yelling person, and when she was sober, it was the same except not loud.  The man with her when she was drunk, would lead her to bed where she collapsed until the next morning.  By evening of that next day, it was the same with the drinking and yelling.

I never brought up politics with her when not drunk or drunk because she would never consider anything except what she believed, so maybe that is one reason why conservatives don't speak up - the liberals are out of control, sober or drunk.

Proves the point.  MENTAL ILLNESS  and  self medicating with alcohol.  That is why, she was the same sober or drunk.

COUNTDOWN TO TOTAL CIVIL WAR: BLOOD IN THE STREETS, COLLAPSE OF THE UNITED STATES! MONDAY LIVE

UN/Soros/Chicom forces have publicly activated communist death squads and are shooting & stabbing innocent people as America burns
Infowars.com - JULY 27, 2020

Someone on here has to be in ALANON....or know about alcoholics.  I went to all kind of programs to learn about human behaviors, when I started dating an alcoholic.  I wanted  to know about this issue and why, and what to do about it.  NOTHING.  Then I went to AA...to listen to them talk, with permission by ALANON.  Most said they were bi-polar,  and some knew, something was 'wrong' with themselves but didn't know what to do.  They just felt 'better' when drunk.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 12:54:43 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2020, 01:02:48 am »

Brings back bad memory.  My daughter, when I calmly tired to talk to her about something, she was 48 years old and not a child, she would not listen to logic and actually did that!  Put her fingers in her ears and yelled..lalalalala.  No way to communicate.

AND...what is BIDEN doing, having his hands on that cops knee?  I just noticed that. He does have a hands problem.  lol

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2020, 01:10:02 am »
Brings back bad memory.  My daughter, when I calmly tired to talk to her about something, she was 48 years old and not a child, she would not listen to logic and actually did that!  Put her fingers in her ears and yelled..lalalalala.  No way to communicate.

AND...what is BIDEN doing, having his hands on that cops knee?  I just noticed that. He does have a hands problem.  lol

A classic photo... sums ol' Lunchbox Joe up in a nutshell.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2020, 02:19:25 am »

Someone on here has to be in ALANON....or know about alcoholics.  I went to all kind of programs to learn about human behaviors, when I started dating an alcoholic.  I wanted  to know about this issue and why, and what to do about it.  NOTHING.  Then I went to AA...to listen to them talk, with permission by ALANON.  Most said they were bi-polar,  and some knew, something was 'wrong' with themselves but didn't know what to do.  They just felt 'better' when drunk.

What did YOU learn? Were you doing a study? Did you remain with the alcoholic date?

@LegalAmerican 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Absalom

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2020, 03:15:27 am »
One brainless post followed by another.
Conservatives, birthed by Ancient Greece, are self-aware
individualists who understand that, as history affirms their
principles, they have no need to run of at the mouth on tee-vee.
Principled Conservatism has nothing to do w/Politics. NOTHING!!!
Liberals, birthed by the Enlightenment, are group thinkers who
need the approval of the masses to achieve their objectives.
Liberalism has everything to do w/politics. EVERYTHING!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2020, 11:36:30 pm »
What did YOU learn? Were you doing a study? Did you remain with the alcoholic date?

@LegalAmerican

I learned a lot. I went to every ANONYMOUS program, there was. ALANON, A.A., E.O, CODEPENDENT, G.A., N.A., ADULT CHILDREN OF ALCOHOLIC PARENTS.  I wanted to learn for myself, as this was all foreign to me. No one is my family was an addict, gambler, drinker, over-eater,  LGBT.  Multi-personality disorder.   Still dysfunctional, but looked good to the outside world.  I went to these programs a few years.

No,I did not remain with the alcoholic. All are liars and create fiction a lot. Make up their own story.  Great at manipulation and conning people. All cheated on their wives.  There was a joke in the 12 step program, about the 13th step!  That was the males who put the make on someone in recovery, to 'date' them.  At one AA meeting, a man with his wife, (lovely person) came on to me, right in front of her and complimented me outrageously!  RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER.

Anyone with an alcoholic, is in for a roller coaster life. Male or female. They have zero empathy.  They are fun. Talk about doing crazy things in public or private.  Most men like this 'crazy'.  After a while, it goes to forgery on checks, taking money out of banks, (but name not on account),  doing all sorts if illegal behaviors. And of course, begging their girlfriend, for money. To pay their rent, fine, whatever. There are safeguards now, put into place, but not, BACK THEN.  This is why so much banking has changed. All kind of fraud, scams, by NON-RIGHTS. 

I LEARNED A LOT. SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS. LIFE WAS NOT BORING.  When it got really sad, I used to say to myself, "Well, when I look back later in life, it was NOT BORING." 

I dated two gay men, although, each had children.  I was very naive.  I though gay men wouldn't have children.  WRONG. lol  I thought these men respected me and that was why they,  didn't push for sex in the relationship.  HETERO'S would be all over me!  I couldn't breathe. Blouse torn. Pushed up against wall.  ALL ON FIRST DATE.  I guess, this should do it. 
I was built like M.M. I am old now.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 12:15:46 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2020, 11:44:47 pm »
One brainless post followed by another.
Conservatives, birthed by Ancient Greece, are self-aware
individualists who understand that, as history affirms their
principles, they have no need to run of at the mouth on tee-vee.
Principled Conservatism has nothing to do w/Politics. NOTHING!!!
Liberals, birthed by the Enlightenment, are group thinkers who
need the approval of the masses to achieve their objectives.
Liberalism has everything to do w/politics. EVERYTHING!

WORD SALAD AND NASTY.  YOU ARE WRONG. ON EVERYTHING.  If I saw you in person, how you were dressed and saw you smoke, how you acted, I could tell, what your primary home-life was like.  You sound gay. Nothing nasty, just going by your post. Gays tend to be very smart but vicious.  Liberalism is a mental disorder.  DR. ROSSITER.  You are never happy.