Author Topic: Sending federal officers to cities is not the best move of this president By Douglas Schoen  (Read 173 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sending federal officers to cities is not the best move of this president
By Douglas Schoen, opinion contributor — 07/26/20 02:00 PM EDT

Two months after the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police, protests continue in cities across the country. Some have turned violent, leading to arson and property damage. President Trump ordered federal officers sent to protect statues, monuments, and federal facilities to start cracking down on the crowds gathering in these cities.

These widely criticized orders were executed against the wishes of state and local officials. Reports cite that federal officers in unmarked vehicles have seized protesters from the streets and detained them, and have fired tear gas into crowds. While the unrest in cities is unsettling, it is unclear if it makes political or legal sense for Trump to take such action.

With only 100 days until the election this fall, Trump is evidently trying to position himself as the law and order candidate, while working to define Democrats as weak on crime. The vast majority of the Americans likely agree with Trump on the need for law and order, as well as the need to control civil unrest that turns into arson and property damage.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-rights/509087-sending-federal-officers-to-cities-is-not-the-best-move-of-this-president
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
He should have sent the U.S. Army.
And... cannons.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
He should have sent the U.S. Army.
And... cannons.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Except there should be a way to crank it up for domestic terrorists.

Offline LegalAmerican

I didn't read the article.  DOES NOT MATTER.   HELL IF HE DOES.....HELL IF HE DOESN'T.   I lost interest with all articles. PEOPLE have no idea , what they are wanting.   Back to feudal system, making us slaves to NWO.  All kind of debauchery.  PEDOPHILIA, BEASTIALITY, TORTURE,  CHILD ANDECHROME  HARVESTING.....STARVING.  My family & I lived it.  STARVING.  We left the old country to get away from that.  Now the NON-RIGHTS.....want that here.  I just see a lot of mental disorder in people. 

WWW.MAGAPILL.COM