Author Topic: Approval of Trump's handling of coronavirus hits new low  (Read 548 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Approval of Trump's handling of coronavirus hits new low
« on: July 26, 2020, 05:43:43 pm »
Approval of Trump's handling of coronavirus hits new low
By Justin Wise - 07/26/20 01:38 PM EDT

Support for President Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic reached a new low on Sunday as various parts of the country continue to experience a surge in infections, according to a new poll.

The survey, conducted by Associated Press and the NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, found that just 32 percent of Americans say they they support the president's response to the coronavirus outbreak, marking a 12-point decline from an identical survey released in March.

The president's marks on the economy, long a strength, also have showed a gradual decline since March. Forty-eight percent of respondents said they approved of his handling of the economy amid the pandemic, down from 56 percent in March.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/509091-approval-of-trumps-handling-of-coronavirus-hits-new-low
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Absalom

Re: Approval of Trump's handling of coronavirus hits new low
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 09:49:16 pm »
This Pandemic has rendered "leadership" so impotent that
one might believe that such an event is a first time ever.
Obviously not, so lets look at a historical record:
                                  End      Duration    Deaths     
Pandemic                   (year)    (years)    (millions)
-----------                   ------      --------    ---------
* Justinian Plague         545          3            50
* Black Death              1350         4           200
* Small Pox Epidemic   1520          1            56
* Third Plague             1850          1            12
* Spanish Influenza     1920          2            50
* Aids/Hiv                   1985        20            35
* Ebola                       2015          2            12
* Covid                        Now       Now           600K

In simplest terms, Nature has treated Man far more harshly thru history.
Unfortunately we now have political jackasses in charge and the results are obvious.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 08:58:16 pm by Absalom »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 09:51:28 pm »
Polls! :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 09:57:12 pm »
A timeline w/details to follow.

You want it?  ALL LIES , ALL THE TIME,  BY MEDIA.   This is how they destroy people's lives.  PURE EVIL. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 10:31:36 pm »
Don't listen to the polls.  That is the path to madness.  Remember, the polls said, on election day 2016, that Hillary had a 90% chance of winning.  We saw how that turned out.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 10:35:25 pm »
Don't listen to the polls.  That is the path to madness.  Remember, the polls said, on election day 2016, that Hillary had a 90% chance of winning.  We saw how that turned out.

Interesting ... this is one issue that I really think Trump is doing very well on; he acted quickly and decisively. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 10:40:52 pm »
Interesting ... this is one issue that I really think Trump is doing very well on; he acted quickly and decisively.

Most people do.  This is how you can know the leftist media is driving a wedge between Republicans with their fake public opinion polls.  It's their tell.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 11:10:08 pm »
Approval ratings, especially on individual issues, are only good for providing grist to talking heads and political consultants.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2020, 11:14:13 pm »
Approval ratings, especially on individual issues, are only good for providing grist to talking heads and political consultants.

...and depress conservative turnout on election day.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2020, 11:24:57 pm »
Really... how much could Mr. Trump (or any president for that matter) actually DO about an epidemic?

The actions he did take -- notably, barring entry to Chinese and Europeans -- brought caterwauls from the left. But that was actually doing something (that a president could do) that addressed the problem of new infections coming into the country.

Mr. Trump also responded well by stepping aside and letting the state governors do their jobs for their respective states.

If he had responded otherwise by issuing one federal diktat after another, he would have been attacked as a "dictator" (which is what he's called anyway by the left).

The results of the poll do not reflect problems with Mr. Trump, but rather with the electorate itself...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2020, 12:01:05 am »
And only recently  Rass M had Trump & Biden tied with Trump moving better with blacks
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dancer

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2020, 05:31:46 am »
This is absolute BS.  I don't know a single person who blames Trump for all this.  In my state, we're trying to recall the governor because of his tyrannical dictates!  Other states are doing the same.  The people clearly blame the state leadership and are moving on Congress to stand up, stand tall on this or face our wrath. 

Wth are they?  They are clearly hiding, hedging bets on who they will support.  That tells me everything about where they stand.  If you don't stand up for this President, then don't expect us to go quietly into that bastardized night. #DeathToTheDeepState

Btw, the small g is my way of showing disrespect for those currently holding office.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2020, 08:08:11 am »
Hold it!
How dare you!
(Be informed, that is.)

You are supposed to be in an absolute panic that would have you dash hither and thither at the first hint of danger!
 ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire
You are not supposed to consider facts, you are supposed to listen to your "betters" all over the teevee and be vewy vewy afwaid...
 :terror: :scared smiley:
Now, get with the program!
 :patriot:
 :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 08:10:30 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis