Author Topic: New York Liberty And Seattle Storm Players Walk Off Court During The National Anthem  (Read 752 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

David Hookstead
Smoke Room Editor-in-Chief
July 25, 2020 1:49 PM ET

The New York Liberty and the Seattle Storm walked off the court Saturday during the national anthem.

As the anthem was played prior to the game, players just walked right off the court and went to the locker rooms instead of standing. Both teams also spoke out in support of Breonna Taylor, who was killed by police in Louisville.

more w/video
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Gee, if only anyone gave a rat's rear end about the WNBA.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LegalAmerican

David Hookstead
Smoke Room Editor-in-Chief
July 25, 2020 1:49 PM ET

The New York Liberty and the Seattle Storm walked off the court Saturday during the national anthem.

As the anthem was played prior to the game, players just walked right off the court and went to the locker rooms instead of standing. Both teams also spoke out in support of Breonna Taylor, who was killed by police in Louisville.

more w/video

DESPICABLE...They might as well keep walking OUT OF OUR COUNTRY....and find a better one.  How is this helping anyone?  Not Taylor family, not sports, not AMERICA.   Anyone walking off for  RETIRED officer DORN?  8 year old child who was killed in CHICAGO BY BLM?  ALL WHITE PEOPLE, KILLED BY BLACKS?   Those black teens in CHAD....were not killed by police but are just as dead.  What do we do about it?  BLAME THE COUNTRY?  THESE FOOLS NEED TO LIVE IN CHINA!   

Offline LegalAmerican

I see more fiction writing  by MEDIA and TAYLOR's was house was being used as a drug house.  HER boyfriend was home and armed.  Don't know why the shooting started.  MEDIA AVOIDS THAT ISSUE, except to blame officer. Not what led up to that shooting. So, Taylor was aiding and abetting a drug dealer,  who used her address for this reason. YOU live with and hang with drug dealers, you might get shot.  This is another baloney story about Taylor, like all the others.  ANY OF THEM.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the night of March 13, Louisville police had a warrant to enter Taylor's apartment because they believed that a suspect in a narcotics investigation was storing drugs or money or receiving packages at her home, according to USA Today.Jul 13, 2020.

Around noon on March 12, a Louisville police detective presented Jefferson County Circuit Court Judge Mary Shaw with a stack of five search warrant applications for her approval, according to court records.

(Do you have a tip or sensitive material to share with CNN? We offer several ways to reach our journalists securely.)

They were for locations linked to Glover, a convicted felon suspected of supplying a local drug house. One of the places to be searched was Taylor's apartment.

Police said Glover used Taylor's residence as his "current home address" as of a February 20 check of various online computer databases and had been receiving mail there, a three-page affidavit for a search warrant written by Detective Joshua C. Jaynes states.

The detective said he saw Glover "walk directly" into Taylor's apartment in mid-January and leave a short time later with a package. He then drove straight to a "known drug house," Jaynes stated. Taylor's car, the detective noted, had been seen parked outside another alleged drug house linked to Glover "on different occasions." The affidavit did not document any activity regarding Taylor or her residence in March.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 12:02:47 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline mountaineer

Whether or not it was justifiable homicide is irrelevant. What the heck does stomping off into a locker room to show disrespect for the national anthem have to do with the acts of a police officer in Louisville? There's not a whole lot of critical thinking going on here. Does no one know the difference between local, state and federal government? Darn you, public school system!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Good!
So many people see this as a catastrophic.
But me myself, I LOVE it.
The more Black people expose themselves as anti-America racial bigots...that is only a good thing.
F**K the White people! So...just simply go somewhere else?
Nobody is stopping any oppressed Black or White to just leave?
What is so hard about that?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LegalAmerican

Whether or not it was justifiable homicide is irrelevant. What the heck does stomping off into a locker room to show disrespect for the national anthem have to do with the acts of a police officer in Louisville? There's not a whole lot of critical thinking going on here. Does no one know the difference between local, state and federal government? Darn you, public school system!

Bingo!  You said it better than I did.  That was my point.  Thank you!    :patriot:

Offline LegalAmerican

Good!
The more Black people expose themselves as anti-America racial bigots...that is only a good thing.

AGREE!   And GHANA is calling blacks back home,  to their ancestral roots, and will grant them immediate citizenship if they re-locate to Ghana. No "discrimination" for being black...there.  No bigotry, only for lighter skinned blacks by darker blacks, as they have that envy gene.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I assume they canceled the game............right?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The 90% pure White people of the BLM group, should all move to Africa and found their own nation.
No problem. I would support them...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

Gee, if only anyone gave a rat's rear end about the WNBA.

It's not a matter of caring about the WNBA but what has happened to our Republic.  The blatant disregard for our Rule of Law, the disrespect for our history, our flag and our national anthem absolutely sickens me.  We our losing our country and the radical leftist are condoning the anti-American revolution.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

We our losing our country and the radical leftist are condoning the anti-American revolution.
Worse, we've lost entire generations. Gens X, Y and Z have heard nothing their entire lives but anti-America crap at their indoctrination centers (cleverly disguised as K-12 schools and colleges). Except for the few with responsible parents, they're brainwashed to reflexively hate America, its history, its culture and everything related thereto.

Offline libertybele

Good!

What you seem to be missing is the fact that these anti-American radical bigots are succeeding. This country is being destroyed from within and our Republic is falling. Yes, that is catastrophic and no I definitely don't love it.

They aren't going to go anywhere else. They want to remove the Whites and anyone who loves this country.  It's not hard to see that's the intent.

So, exactly how do you truly see that things are going to turn out?  That we'll wake up tomorrow or the next day and everything will still be the same?  That things will return to normal? 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

AGREE!   And GHANA is calling blacks back home,  to their ancestral roots, and will grant them immediate citizenship if they re-locate to Ghana. No "discrimination" for being black...there.  No bigotry, only for lighter skinned blacks by darker blacks, as they have that envy gene.

Are you kidding right now?  They aren't going to leave and to inject any sort of bigotry  or racism into this situation isn't the answer.  Why would they leave?  They have made progress.  Their demands are slowly being met and the DEMS are suggesting giving them reparations -- lower taxes, lower utility rates, free education and healthcare and $15,000 towards a purchase of a home --affordable housing will be built for them.  So again, why would they leave??  No one is telling them no. No one.  Not this president and no on in Congress.  They are being encouraged to continue.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Yes and look at their *ahem* attendance.

Offline Slide Rule

Sorry to say this but I have been accused of all sorts of things. Censorship don't ya know.

Women's basketball. Really this is a topic deserving discussion. They have the same disconnect as the
men basketball players do. They play a less exciting game. The basketball they use is smaller.

Women't pro basketball. I would rather watch a women's HS basketball game and have.

I even participated in a daughter vs dads game.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 12:41:18 am by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline LegalAmerican

It's not a matter of caring about the WNBA but what has happened to our Republic.  The blatant disregard for our Rule of Law, the disrespect for our history, our flag and our national anthem absolutely sickens me.  We our losing our country and the radical leftist are condoning the anti-American revolution.

I agree.  Well said.   :thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

Are you kidding right now?  They aren't going to leave and to inject any sort of bigotry  or racism into this situation isn't the answer.  Why would they leave?  They have made progress.  Their demands are slowly being met and the DEMS are suggesting giving them reparations -- lower taxes, lower utility rates, free education and healthcare and $15,000 towards a purchase of a home --affordable housing will be built for them.  So again, why would they leave??  No one is telling them no. No one.  Not this president and no on in Congress.  They are being encouraged to continue.

I am responding to 240B.  AND ZERO RACISM.  This is what GHANA SAID. I believe we have a thread on it.  Your issue is with 240B...not me.  I just elaborated on it and agreed with his post.  We need to stop the 17 TRILLION dollars WELFARE to multi-generational ghetto blacks, who make this a life choice. They already have their reparations. BTW There were white slaves to black business men, and blacks who made a living trading slaves.  Then BARBARY COAST;  MILLIONS OF WHITE SLAVES to black muslims.  IRISH SLAVES.  We just don't biotah about our lives daily as blacks do.  What exactly was racist?  FACTS?  FACTS?  FACTS ARE RACIST?  BIGOTRY?  I love my 4 'j's' .  You need to be deprogrammed.  you are part of the problem, seeing racism in any post. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Treating everyone equally. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 01:12:42 am by LegalAmerican »

Online corbe

These skanks wouldn't make a pimple on a Korean LPGA player's butt.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

People need to learn. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

We just don't bioecth about it daily as black race. WHITE SLAVES.....IRISH SLAVES.  The slaves that time forgot.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 01:21:15 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

Ghana urges people of African heritage to 'come home'

•Jan 15, 2019

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline mountaineer

These skanks wouldn't make a pimple on a Korean LPGA player's butt.
Love it! Mr. M and I are big LPGA fans, mostly because the players show some class and care about their fans. All the other pro athletes should try it.