Author Topic: The Other Side of the Universe  (Read 885 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The Other Side of the Universe
« on: July 23, 2020, 11:33:24 pm »
 https://www.ua-magazine.com/the-other-side-of-the-universe/

April 29, 2019
Ovidiu Racorean

The Other Side of the Universe

Grab a book. Notice its length, width and thickness. They correspond, respectively, to the three dimensions of space and, we reasonably assume, to all objects in the three-dimensional space.

As you flip through the book, you note that its pages have two sides – in fact, all objects around you are two-sided. It may slip your mind that this trivial aspect is a feature of spacetime. And, yet, the spacetime itself is a two-sided surface.

The fact that the world is two-sided is sustained by an important property of two-sided spacetimes: a definite orientation for the arrow of time. Since we experience time as flowing irreversibly from the past to the future, we assume we are living in a two-sided world.

Still, there may be one-sided worlds out there, with one-sided objects in them. For the sake of imagination, picture yourself reading your book in a one-sided spacetime. Hard to believe it, but you would be able to read both sides of the pages at the same time. To see this, I encourage you to cut a sheet from the book (just kidding!) and glue it as in the picture below (fig 1), forming a trivial Mobius strip, the most known one-sided surface.

Fig. 1: Mobius Strip
There is more to the story. In a one-sided world, time has no preferred orientation; it may flow from the past to the future or vice versa.

Now, we may ask where the other side of the universe is and how can we get there. We may find the answers in the recent paper “Quantum entanglement, two-sided spacetimes and the thermodynamic arrow of time”, posted in the physics online archive arXiv, and elected one of the best of the week by MIT Technology Review.

If we are going to delve into technical details, first we must describe the overall picture, by looking at prior scientific work, which resembles the pieces of a puzzle. Quantum entanglement happens to be the key to solve that puzzle.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: The Other Side of the Universe
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 11:49:27 pm »
That is very cool.

I love theoretical physics, especially because when you encounter articles like this, you realize that one can both read and unread an article in different quantum states and experience both entropy and order at the same time. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 11:59:13 pm »
That is very cool.

I love theoretical physics, especially because when you encounter articles like this, you realize that one can both read and unread an article in different quantum states and experience both entropy and order at the same time.

I love it, too.

Makes me wonder about FTL travel.

The best part is @roamer_1's cat can live forever...(Shrodinger)
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 12:01:20 am »
First truth:

Time had no starting point and has no end.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 12:08:53 am »
First truth:

Right. Continuous loop forward. Same in reverse.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 12:22:02 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhole

Wormhole - Wikipedia

A wormhole (or Einstein–Rosen bridge or Einstein–Rosen wormhole) is a speculative structure linking disparate points in spacetime, and is based on a special solution of the Einstein field equations. A wormhole can be visualized as a tunnel with two ends at separate points in spacetime (i.e., different locations, or different points in time, or both).

Wormholes are consistent with the general theory of relativity, but whether wormholes actually exist remains to be seen. Many scientists postulate wormholes are merely a projection of a fourth spatial dimension, analogous to how a two-dimensional (2D) being could experience only part of a three-dimensional (3D) object.[1]

A wormhole could connect extremely long distances such as a billion light years or more, short distances such as a few meters, different universes, or different points in time.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 12:52:40 am »
First truth:

Hard to wrap your head around. That is correct. Because time is not linear.
We experience time as a progression, but it is not. Time is a static existence.
What I mean is, past, present, and future, are a perception, but not an objective reality.
All time exists all at once. Past, present, and future all exist together all at once.

Time is like a quantum singularity. A minuscule mass of infinite density, that we perceive ourselves as 'passing through'.
Everybody who has ever been on Earth has and will eventually pass away.
So everybody we know will eventually die, as an absolute certainty.
That eventuality exists now, right now, in the present.
Everybody will pass. By whatever way and means it will certainly happen.

So when you consider that point of absolute certainty, which will absolutely happen in whatever way with no chance of change or variation, then in that sense hasn't it already happened? It has. We are constantly moving toward points in life (fate) which have in essence already occurred, in whichever way they happen. Past, present, and future, are already done and over.

We are simply flowing through a perception of time toward a script which has previously played out. Any future for everyone will always be past, to somebody else.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 01:31:37 am »
@240B

Let's throw in the idea of parallel universes. If they are there is it possible that some are not in synchronicity time wise with ours? And could that explain déjà vu? Perhaps people do get a glimpse at a "future" event that has already happened. Or conversely.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 02:33:44 am »
https://www.learning-mind.com/dimensions-string-theory/

How Many Dimensions Are There? 11-Dimensional World and String Theory

These still involve space/time.

At the end of the article:

There is even a new theory called F-theory (F for “father”) that introduces another dimension, suggesting a 12-dimensional space with two-time coordinates instead of one!

The renowned physicist John Schwartz has even gone further by saying that there may be no fixed dimension for the final version of M-theory, making it independent of any dimensionality of space-time. Finding the real theory needs much more time and effort and till then the multi-dimensionality of the universe is an open case

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 02:18:55 pm »
Another truth:

Everything on earth never goes away -it may change to something else, but it is still here.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 07:40:20 pm »
Another truth:

Everything on earth never goes away -it may change to something else, but it is still here.

The curious case of Earth's leaking atmosphere

PHYS.org

https://phys.org/news/2016-07-curious-case-earth-leaking-atmosphere.html

Earth's atmosphere is leaking. Every day, around 90 tonnes of material escapes from our planet's upper atmosphere and streams out into space. Although missions such as ESA's Cluster fleet have long been investigating this leakage, there are still many open questions. How and why is Earth losing its atmosphere – and how is this relevant in our hunt for life elsewhere in the Universe?

Given the expanse of our atmosphere, 90 tonnes per day amounts to a small leak. Earth's atmosphere weighs in at around five quadrillion (5 × 1015) tonnes, so we are in no danger of running out any time soon. However, understanding Earth's atmosphere, and how it escapes to space, is key to understanding the atmospheres of other planets, and could be crucial in our hunt for habitable planets and extraterrestrial life.

We have been exploring Earth's magnetic environment for years using satellites such as ESA's Cluster mission, a fleet of four spacecraft launched in 2000. Cluster has been continuously observing the magnetic interactions between the Sun and Earth for over a decade and half; this longevity, combined with its multi-spacecraft capabilities and unique orbit, have made it a key player in understanding both Earth's leaking atmosphere and how our planet interacts with the surrounding Solar System.

More at link.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2020, 07:49:10 pm »
Well I see where all the Cannabis users migrated to.

Let me crank this up for you, while you are here. 

(jk)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2020, 02:31:09 am »
Another truth:

That is a very excellent point.

The conservation of energy. Which leads to the conversation on energy.

The system we perceive is closed. Too, the M theory.

Here is my point. No where in any of these theories account for the possibility of NO space/time.

But yet, in all cultures, however recorded, there is that.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2020, 02:43:07 am »
Well I see where all the Cannabis users migrated to.

Let me crank this up for you, while you are here. 

(jk)

Billy Squire.

I've been with my wife for 34 years. EINSTEIN had a long running battle with Bohr.

What was the debate? Spooky action at a distance? I ain't getting into their family problems. But I can tell you that spooky action and cuntum entanglement is a very and real observable fact.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2020, 04:19:15 am »
Billy Squire.

I've been with my wife for 34 years. EINSTEIN had a long running battle with Bohr.

What was the debate? Spooky action at a distance? I ain't getting into their family problems. But I can tell you that spooky action and cuntum entanglement is a very and real observable fact.

@bigheadfred

Metaphysical philosophical spectras diverge as keenly as a cascading mass of deflective multi-sided particles.  The quicksilver faction enmassed by the coalescence of silverish  though its reflective though formless base. A collective of the physical so to speak.  As the parade of particles bolt past their mecuric brethren, they reflect...   sine...cosine....tangent....   All in an angular mathematical hodgepodge of specs of randomness unforseen in the physical universe.  2,3,5,7,11....   All prime but not in the inordinate universe of specs.

Want to talk about spooky?  One multidimensional spec has escaped it's etheral containment. Where will it land?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 04:30:32 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2020, 04:43:20 am »
@bigheadfred

Metaphysical philosophical spectras diverge as keenly as a cascading mass of deflective multi-sided particles.  The quicksilver faction enmassed by the coalescence of silverish  though its reflective though formless base. A collective of the physical so to speak.  As the parade of particles bolt past their mecuric brethren, they reflect...   sine...cosine....tangent....   All in an angular mathematical hodgepodge of specs of randomness unforseen in the physical universe.  2,3,5,7,11....   All prime but not in the inordinate universe of specs.

Want to talk about spooky?  One multidimensional spec has escaped it's etheral containment. Where will it land?

The calculus.

There are no coincidence(s),"specs of randomness unforseen", and that one multidimensional spec (that) has escaped it's ethereal containment has continent concomitantly beforehand.

"You cannot fight me
For I have the sword of hate

But one thing you can't see
My answer is simply
An impenetrable fortress
Of love, love, love"