Author Topic: Robert E. Lee High School in VA to be renamed after John Lewis  (Read 907 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Robert E. Lee High School in VA to be renamed after John Lewis
By Marty Johnson - 07/23/20 06:36 PM EDT

The Fairfax County,Va., School Board in an unanimous vote on Thursday afternoon decided to give Robert E. Lee High School a new namesake: late Congressman John Lewis (D-Ga.), who died at the age of 80 last Friday.

The school board initially agreed on renaming the high school in June and then held a virtual hearing on Wednesday night to hear from the community, including students and alumni.

“The Board heard from students, teachers and staff members, families, and the community about the old name,” chair of the board Ricardy Anderson said. “It was important for us to be mindful of these comments and to select a name that reflected the diversity and multiculturalism that currently exists at the school and in our community."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/508812-robert-e-lee-high-school-in-va-to-be-renamed-after-john-lewis
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Robert E. Lee High School in VA to be renamed after John Lewis
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 11:45:54 pm »
And the below is WHY America is in destruction.  The FALL OF ROME...happened the same way.  Thank.  JFK, LBJ, Teddy for the Hart/Celler act 1965...where they WANTED, more people, from Africa, Asia, (muslims) and all Latin Countries.  WHAT COULD GO WRONG?   CHANGE IN DEMOGRAPHICS. If it weren't for this, we would still have an AMERICA.  ALL DEMON-RATS did this.  I see nothing 'great' for Americans with this influx.  Hardly any assimilation.
-
 â€œIt was important for us to be mindful of these comments and to select a name that reflected the diversity and multiculturalism that currently exists at the school and in our community."= ARTICLE
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 11:49:14 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 11:53:18 pm »
It isn't about people being grateful to be here in America, and learning our ways, we have to keep giving up OUR CULTURE & HISTORY, SO AS NOT TO 'HURT'  DIVERSITIES,   FEELINGS.  Congo lady on statue of liberty.  Somalians who want SHARIA LAW..OMAR.  DEMON-RATS HAVE DESTROYED  AMERICA.  Muslims don't want GOD in our country. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 11:54:39 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 01:20:14 am »
I hope the students turn out better than the ones in his district.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 01:22:24 am »
I'm not even a Virginian and this make me want to :3:.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 04:27:52 am »
I'll bet the decision makers knew nothing about Robert E. Lee. (other than his Confederate years)

Robert E. Lee:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Lee
Robert E. Lee and slavery:  https://www.masshist.org/object-of-the-month/objects/all-are-gone-who-desire-to-do-so-2007-01-01

Benjamin Harvey Hill described Lee in this way:
He was a foe without hate; a friend without treachery; a soldier without cruelty; a victor without oppression, and a victim without murmuring. He was a public officer without vices; a private citizen without wrong; a neighbour without reproach; a Christian without hypocrisy, and a man without guile. He was a Caesar, without his ambition; Frederick, without his tyranny; Napoleon, without his selfishness, and Washington, without his reward.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 11:47:52 am »
Agreed, @Texas Yellow Rose - Gen. Lee was a man of impeccable integrity and character. But, of course, facts don't matter to the perpetually offended and virtue signaling.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 01:08:32 pm »
His civil rights exploits were a one hit wonder.  99% of the rest of his career, was as an ultra left, race baiting POS legislator.  He did his utmost to damage this country. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 01:24:08 pm »
His civil rights exploits were a one hit wonder.  99% of the rest of his career, was as an ultra left, race baiting POS legislator.  He did his utmost to damage this country.

To be fair, he was hit way more than once.... :thud:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 01:35:39 pm by FeelNoPain »
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 01:49:59 pm »
To be fair, he was hit way more than once.... :thud:

Whatever good Lewis did in the 1960s does not excuse or mitigate his past 20 (or more) years of race-baiting.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 01:57:16 pm »
Whatever good Lewis did in the 1960s does not excuse or mitigate his past 20 (or more) years of race-baiting.

Didn't care for Lewis' political stances because they were counterproductive and stuck in the past.

However, I see politicians on both sides of the aisle baiting with race and fear. That's what they do.

"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2020, 02:02:51 pm »
Didn't care for Lewis' political stances because they were counterproductive and stuck in the past.

However, I see politicians on both sides of the aisle baiting with race and fear. That's what they do.

Both sides?  Please elaborate...   :2popcorn:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2020, 02:12:00 pm »

I would, if I thought it would make a damn bit of difference.

I'll wait until after the election in November. When those results come in, folks may be more amenable to hearing new perspectives on how to grow the party (without compromising conservative principles).

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2020, 02:12:59 pm »
Agreed, @Texas Yellow Rose - Gen. Lee was a man of impeccable integrity and character. But, of course, facts don't matter to the perpetually offended and virtue signaling.

And that is precisely why he lost @mountaineer. You cannot fight and win against the kind of enemy he was fighting and fully maintain those characteristics.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2020, 02:15:27 pm »
I would, if I thought it would make a damn bit of difference.

I'll wait until after the election in November. When those results come in, folks may be more amenable to hearing new perspectives on how to grow the party (without compromising conservative principles).

No.  Tell me which GOP law makers are particpating in race baiting.  I mean just tell me one.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2020, 02:15:44 pm »

I'm not @catfish1957 but I'll elaborate for you @FeelNoPain

John Lewis is not fit to remove the horseshit from Robert E. Lees's boots!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 01:34:37 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2020, 02:20:16 pm »

This 'both sides do it' thing is usually what those with with some degree of antipathy those on the right say when faced with inarguable evidence of leftwing misbehavior.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2020, 02:29:55 pm »
This 'both sides do it' thing is usually what those with with some degree of antipathy those on the right say when faced with inarguable evidence of leftwing misbehavior.

I understand that.  But I was wanting something much more simplistic from @FeelNoPain.   A specific example of race baiting from a  GOP legislator.  Even just 1.  Because in this hyper- SJW infused society, anyone in the GOP doing that would be tar/feathered/railed by the media and the  left goons promptly. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2020, 02:42:05 pm »
I understand that.  But I was wanting something much more simplistic from @FeelNoPain.   A specific example of race baiting from a  GOP legislator.  Even just 1.  Because in this hyper- SJW infused society, anyone in the GOP doing that would be tar/feathered/railed by the media and the  left goons promptly.

Race baiting from the right would be instantly crushed by overwhelming consensus and the baiter sent to Gehenna never to be heard from again.

Unless perpetrated by a white leftist against a minority right winger.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 02:43:12 pm by skeeter »

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2020, 05:00:13 am »

John Lewis is not fit to remove the horseshit for Robert E. Lees's boots!

@Bigun I certainly appreciate your way with words!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2020, 01:35:52 pm »
@Bigun I certainly appreciate your way with words!

Thanks @Texas Yellow Rose Facts are still facts I guess.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2020, 01:38:01 pm »

John Lewis is not fit to remove the horseshit from Robert E. Lees's boots!

Enviable eloquence right there.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck