Author Topic: Comeback: Trump neck and neck with Biden, 45%-47%, approval equal with Obama's in 2012  (Read 235 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Opinion: Washington Secrets
Comeback: Trump neck and neck with Biden, 45%-47%, approval equal with Obama's in 2012
by Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets Columnist |
 | July 22, 2020 11:55 AM

While the media have been hyping polls showing Democrat Joe Biden with a sizable and growing lead over President Trump, the outfit that called the 2016 popular vote correctly shows the 2020 race neck and neck.

A week after finding that Trump closed a 10-point gap with Biden to just 3 points, Rasmussen Reports today revealed that Trump has edged up another point as Biden hits a ceiling.

On Wednesday, the race stood at 45% for Trump and 47% for Biden, well within the poll’s margin of error. It was published in Rasmussen’s weekly “White House Watch” feature.

Separately, Rasmussen said that Trump has boosted his approval rating to 49%, with 50% of respondents disapproving.

Unlike some polls that undercount Republicans and survey adults or registered voters, Rasmussen slightly overcounts Democrats and polls likely voters, which is considered more accurate. In 2016, it had Hillary Clinton leading Trump nationally on the eve of the election by 2 points. Clinton won the popular vote by 2.1 points.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/comeback-trump-neck-and-neck-with-biden-45-47-approval-equal-with-obamas
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Most 'polls' are registered voters, online, and oversample Democrats.

Let's not even talk about Trump supporters who refuse to do polls.

But, let the media believe the fiction. They'll get sucker punched later.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Axeslinger

Most 'polls' are registered voters, online, and oversample Democrats.

Let's not even talk about Trump supporters who refuse to do polls.

But, let the media believe the fiction. They'll get sucker punched later.
@Free Vulcan

That’s not what this is about.   This is about the media and the Dems (but I repeat myself) setting the narrative and the expectations for their loony base so that they can rile them up about all the cheating when Trump wins.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline aligncare

Secretly—in my darkest moments—I fear Trump may lose. The thought that the left could win in November, and that even more governorships, mayoralties, House and Senate seats, and even the presidency may fall to Marxism is distressing.

But, luckily my rational mind will often win out over despair, and it pulls me back from the brink. Americans are not about to let what’s wrong with America overtake what’s right with America. We won’t allow two and a half centuries of success be obliterated by the fear, suspicion and hatred of the democrat Left.

As for the polls, we all know what those are about, so they are meaningless now.