Author Topic: House set to vote on removing 16 racially insensitive statues from the Capitol  (Read 302 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House set to vote on removing 16 racially insensitive statues from the Capitol
by Susan Ferrechio, Chief Congressional Correspondent |
 | July 22, 2020 11:02 AM

House Democrats will bring up a measure Wednesday that would force the removal of all Confederate statues from the U.S. Capitol along with a handful of additional figures considered racially insensitive, including former Vice President John C. Calhoun and Supreme Court Chief Justice Roger B. Taney.

“We must make the clear and unequivocal statement that there is no room in this Capitol for those who have perpetrated hate and division in the United States of America,” Rep. G.K. Butterfield, a North Carolina Democrat and co-sponsor of the bill, said Wednesday.

The House will bring up the measure under special rules that limit debate, prohibit amendments, and require two-thirds support of the entire voting body to pass the bill, which will increase pressure on Republicans to vote for the measure.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi, on June 10, requested lawmakers in the House and Senate who oversee the Capitol statue collection to banish 11 Confederate figures on display in halls and corridors throughout the building. That list includes former Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee and former Confederate President Jefferson Davis, among other figures.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/house-set-to-vote-on-removing-16-racially-insensitive-statues-from-the-capitol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I bet Robert Byrd isn't on their list. (KKK)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
My ability to be disgusted is spent. 

****sheep****

The sheeple have allowed the 15% SJW terrorist to drive them into capitulation, and allow wanton destruction of history, heritage, and honor.

Get ready  to get your tongue wet and pucker up, because the rectum kissing and boot licking will be commencing shortly.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
My ability to be disgusted is spent. 

****sheep****

The sheeple have allowed the 15% SJW terrorist to drive them into capitulation, and allow wanton destruction of history, heritage, and honor.

Get ready  to get your tongue wet and pucker up, because the rectum kissing and boot licking will be commencing shortly.
Let the sheeple do the ass kissing. I refuse.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Let the sheeple do the ass kissing. I refuse.

Same here, but don't underestimate their ability to invoke their will.  Many of the sheeple will cower in fear. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

Here's one that didn't make the list:

Sen. Richard Russell (D-Ga.) Led the Democrat filibuster against the 1964 Civil Rights Act

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-