Author Topic: De Blasio won’t say when anti-cop graffiti will be removed from Dinkins building  (Read 348 times)

rangerrebew

De Blasio won’t say when anti-cop graffiti will be removed from Dinkins building

By Julia Marsh and Tina Moore

July 21, 2020 | 2:41pm | Updated

Mayor Bill de Blasio refused to say when city workers would clean graffiti that says “F–k cops” and “ACAB” (for “All cops are bastards”) from the David N. Dinkins Municipal Building in Lower Manhattan — even though Department of Transportation workers immediately restored the Black Lives Matter mural outside Trump Tower after it was defaced twice last week.

“The graffiti is just not acceptable and I want to be very clear, graffiti on public buildings will be removed, period,” de Blasio said when asked about the ugly scrawling on the Dinkins building and surrounding municipal property.

“There are some challenges just technically with the surfaces,” de Blasio said about the delay.

“Cleaning off the graffiti in this case with the particular stone as I understand it comes with a lot more work and complication. One would think paint on a street is a much simpler matter,” he said.

He refused to provide a timeline for the work.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/21/de-blasio-no-timeline-to-clean-graffiti-off-dinkins-building/

rangerrebew

it comes with a lot more work and complication.

So does keeping people safe, another job he has failed miserably at getting doing. :bullie smokin:

Offline skeeter

De Blasio won’t say when anti-cop graffiti will be removed from Dinkins building

By Julia Marsh and Tina Moore

July 21, 2020 | 2:41pm | Updated

“There are some challenges just technically with the surfaces,” de Blasio said about the delay.

“Cleaning off the graffiti in this case with the particular stone as I understand it comes with a lot more work and complication. One would think paint on a street is a much simpler matter,” he said.

De Blazio is facing a new technological challenge here. No one has ever attempted to remove paint from a granite surface before.