Author Topic: Duckworth slams 'disgusting' Trump threat to send federal law enforcement to Chicago: 'Don't even th  (Read 323 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Duckworth slams 'disgusting' Trump threat to send federal law enforcement to Chicago: 'Don't even think about it'
By Zack Budryk - 07/21/20 02:33 PM EDT

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) on Tuesday excoriated President Trump’s threats to send the federal officers dispatched to Portland, Ore., to Chicago, calling the ultimatum “disgusting.”

“My answer to him is don’t even think about it,” Duckworth, a combat veteran who lost both legs in Iraq, said on CNN Tuesday. “This is disgusting, and it is the further politicization of our institutions, which should be nonpartisan. He did it with the military when he sent National Guard troops against peaceful protesters in Lafayette Square [in Washington, D.C.], and now he’s done it in Portland and he’s coming to Chicago. Don’t even think about it.”

The Illinois senator, a possible running mate for presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, said that if the president was seeking to take action against the uptick in violence several cities have seen in recent weeks, he should address congressional Democrats’ gun safety proposals, including stricter background checks and crackdowns on so-called straw purchases.

“You want to do something? Call [Senate Majority Leader] Mitch McConnell, have that vote, it would pass,” she said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/508351-duckworth-slams-disgusting-trump-threat-to-send-federal-law-enforcement-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Duckworth slams 'disgusting' Trump threat to send federal law enforcement to Chicago: 'Don't even think about it'
By Zack Budryk - 07/21/20 02:33 PM EDT

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) on Tuesday excoriated President Trump’s threats to send the federal officers dispatched to Portland, Ore., to Chicago, calling the ultimatum “disgusting.”

“My answer to him is don’t even think about it,” Duckworth, a combat veteran who lost both legs in Iraq, said on CNN Tuesday. “This is disgusting, and it is the further politicization of our institutions, which should be nonpartisan. He did it with the military when he sent National Guard troops against peaceful protesters in Lafayette Square [in Washington, D.C.], and now he’s done it in Portland and he’s coming to Chicago. Don’t even think about it.”

The Illinois senator, a possible running mate for presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, said that if the president was seeking to take action against the uptick in violence several cities have seen in recent weeks, he should address congressional Democrats’ gun safety proposals, including stricter background checks and crackdowns on so-called straw purchases.

“You want to do something? Call [Senate Majority Leader] Mitch McConnell, have that vote, it would pass,” she said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/508351-duckworth-slams-disgusting-trump-threat-to-send-federal-law-enforcement-to

PLEASE, please, please let Biden choose this woman for the Veep nominee.
The Trump vs. Duckworth laughs would be epic.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
PLEASE, please, please let Biden choose this woman for the Veep nominee.
The Trump vs. Duckworth laughs would be epic.

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, is she?  Note to Ducky:  If your homies don't try to tear into the Everett Dirksen Building on S. Dearborn, there won't be any Feds gooning around your wonderful city.

So simple even an IL Senator can grasp it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, is she?  Note to Ducky:  If your homies don't try to tear into the Everett Dirksen Building on S. Dearborn, there won't be any Feds gooning around your wonderful city.

So simple even an IL Senator can grasp it.

She really isn't. She and Biden would be a gaffe-a-thon.
I still say that the GOP should be grateful everyday that Buttigieg likes male booty. IMO, a heterosexual Mayor Pete would have won the presidency.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021