Author Topic: Two largest federal employee unions back Biden  (Read 142 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Two largest federal employee unions back Biden
« on: July 21, 2020, 06:30:33 pm »
Two largest federal employee unions back Biden
by Joseph Simonson, Political Reporter |
 | July 21, 2020 02:16 PM

Two of the largest federal public unions announced their endorsement of Joe Biden.

“For AFGE members who are concerned about providing for themselves and their families, protecting their rights at work, being able to perform their job without undue political influence, and ensuring the security of their pay, benefits, and retirement, Joe Biden is the clear choice," the American Federation of Government Employees said in a statement Tuesday. "And for these reasons, AFGE is proud to endorse Joe Biden for president of the United States."

That official mark of support coincided with an endorsement from the National Treasury Employees Union, citing Biden's support for public sector labor groups.

“Federal employees are some of the most talented, hard-working and inspiring people I have ever met, worthy of the utmost dignity and respect,” Biden said in a statement that thanked NTEU for its endorsement . “As president, I’ll ensure the federal government serves as a model for employers to treat their workers fairly. I’ll restore worker’s rights to organize and bargain collectively, making sure they have a voice in the workplace, work to provide consistent and regular pay increases and hold the line to protect their benefits.”

Both unions count roughly 900,000 members who work in Washington, D.C.

Neither group's pledge of support to the former vice president comes as a surprise, given their longstanding ties to the Democratic Party. Both unions were also involved in a 2018 lawsuit against the Trump administration's executive order over efforts to hinder their collective bargaining ability. A federal judge upheld the new rule in 2019.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/two-largest-federal-employee-unions-backs-biden
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Two largest federal employee unions back Biden
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 06:33:59 pm »
Two largest federal employee unions...aka Swamp Central.

Guess I might be paranoid too, if my top boss promised to slash regulations and the need for your job.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

Re: Two largest federal employee unions back Biden
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 06:52:45 pm »
Two largest federal employee unions back whichever Democrat is running.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-