Author Topic: Pentagon bans rainbow & Confederate flags from military bases  (Read 328 times)

rangerrebew

Pentagon bans rainbow & Confederate flags from military bases
The military is severely limiting the flags that can fly on bases to work around Donald Trump's support for the Confederate symbols.
By Bil Browning Monday, July 20, 2020     2 Comments

In a highly publicized move, the Pentagon has issued guidance that sidesteps Donald Trump’s opposition to removing symbols of the Confederacy from military bases. The measure would prohibit flags other than the U.S. flag, state flags, and military-related flags.

Pride flags would also be banned under the new guidance.

“The flags we fly must accord with the military imperatives of good order and discipline, treating all our people with dignity and respect, and rejecting divisive symbols,” Defense Secretary Mark Esper writes in a memo announcing the change.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/07/pentagon-bans-rainbow-confederate-flags-military-bases/

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Re: Pentagon bans rainbow & Confederate flags from military bases
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 02:19:57 pm »
Pentagon bans rainbow & Confederate flags from military bases
The military is severely limiting the flags that can fly on bases to work around Donald Trump's support for the Confederate symbols.
By Bil Browning Monday, July 20, 2020     2 Comments

In a highly publicized move, the Pentagon has issued guidance that sidesteps Donald Trump’s opposition to removing symbols of the Confederacy from military bases. The measure would prohibit flags other than the U.S. flag, state flags, and military-related flags.

Pride flags would also be banned under the new guidance.

“The flags we fly must accord with the military imperatives of good order and discipline, treating all our people with dignity and respect, and rejecting divisive symbols,” Defense Secretary Mark Esper writes in a memo announcing the change.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/07/pentagon-bans-rainbow-confederate-flags-military-bases/

An article from "lgbtqnation.com" lumping the Confederate flag with the Gay Rainbow flag. The indignity of it all.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 06:21:52 pm »
"The measure would prohibit flags other than the U.S. flag, state flags, and military-related flags."

I'm good with this...long overdue IMO.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 08:26:33 pm »
"The measure would prohibit flags other than the U.S. flag, state flags, and military-related flags."

I agree...frankly, I didn't know that other flags were flown at military bases. Makes no sense.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 11:56:14 pm »

I agree...frankly, I didn't know that other flags were flown at military bases. Makes no sense.
@berdie  Yes, lbgtwxyz etc. flag has been "allowed" at military bases for years based on commanders "discretion".
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 01:04:05 am »
They can get away with banning the Confederate Flag,but the "Rainbow Nation Flag"? Not a freaking chance! If fact,the mere mention someone is thinking about getting it banned practically guarantees it will soon be protected by feral laws.

If I didn't know better,I might think someone came up with a clever plan to get homosexuality accepted by the military.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 02:12:56 am »

The Rebel flag IS a military flag.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 01:35:02 pm »
The Rebel flag IS a military flag.
And so is the Gadsden...