Author Topic: Trump to resume COVID-19 briefings  (Read 1863 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to resume COVID-19 briefings
« on: July 20, 2020, 05:48:44 pm »
Trump to resume COVID-19 briefings
By Brett Samuels - 07/20/20 11:39 AM EDT

President Trump on Monday said he will resume giving regular coronavirus briefings this week, reviving a practice that is controversial among some aides as infections surge across the United States.

Trump told reporters in the Oval Office he would deliver a briefing at 5 p.m. on Tuesday. It would mark his first time participating in a coronavirus briefing since late April.

Trump signaled the briefings would be heavily focused on the development of a vaccine and drugs to treat the virus, which has advanced significantly since he last held regular media sessions on the pandemic. He told reporters he may invite the heads of the companies involved in vaccine development to speak to the press.

“I think it’s a great way to get information out to the public as to where we are with the vaccine, with the therapeutics, and generally speaking where we are," Trump said. "So I think we’ll start that, probably starting tomorrow."

more
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,109.0.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump to resume COVID-19 briefings
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 07:51:22 pm »
Pleaseoplease keep the Fauci/Birx Bobbsey Twins away from the pressers!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 07:53:39 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 08:01:03 pm »
So the people who condemned Trump's briefings back in the spring and more recently switched to condemning Trump's lack of briefings are going to be going back to condemning Trump's briefings? 888mouth

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 08:02:28 pm »
Pleaseoplease keep the Fauci/Birx Bobbsey Twins away from the pressers!

Hopefully so, perhaps he will only utilize the surgeon.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 08:04:42 pm »
What's the over/under on how many minutes pass before the President utters "ventilators". 

This is a good thing but I hope they have given thought to how these briefings will be structured. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 08:13:24 pm »
What's the over/under on how many minutes pass before the President utters "ventilators". 

This is a good thing but I hope they have given thought to how these briefings will be structured.

I'll bet he mentions banning flights from China first.

Bringing these briefings back is a good thing. The President has the bully pulpit and needs to use it.

The issue is getting him to stay disciplined in his messaging.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 08:19:27 pm »

:laugh:   Agree @Lando Lincoln   ... I'd also like POTUS to clearly and obviously point out the fear emanating from our esteemed media --- and cool it down.   :crossed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 08:33:40 pm »
So the people who condemned Trump's briefings back in the spring and more recently switched to condemning Trump's lack of briefings are going to be going back to condemning Trump's briefings? 888mouth

Off topic and totally non PC, when I was a child we called those things Jap Flaps not Flip Flops.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 08:36:52 pm »
Off topic and totally non PC, when I was a child we called those things Jap Flaps not Flip Flops.

When I was a kid we called them "thongs" quite a different meaning from today's "thongs".

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 10:30:14 pm »

Can't speak for anyone else, but I never liked those briefings and never changed my mind about them.  Trump spent much of the time contradicting his own experts and appeared to be using the briefings as a substitute for his campaign rallies.  About all those briefings did for me was put me in a perpetual state of confusion and I don't need anyone else to get me confused.  I can be confused all by myself.     happy77

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2020, 01:02:31 am »
Can't speak for anyone else, but I never liked those briefings and never changed my mind about them.  Trump spent much of the time contradicting his own experts and appeared to be using the briefings as a substitute for his campaign rallies.  About all those briefings did for me was put me in a perpetual state of confusion and I don't need anyone else to get me confused.  I can be confused all by myself.     happy77
I get the sense that the guy has no idea what he's doing, and he's letting Fauci the germaphobe dictate the narrative, even though it runs totally counter to what his goals are.

The press briefings in this day and age accomplish little. The data and numbers, we can get online. But what we are lacking from the federal government are solutions that work to get us back to a functioning society. Europe is paying dearly for embracing the hard lockdown, and it has done virtually nothing to stop Latin America, India and Russia from getting major outbreaks. But what have we offered in return?

You have a President who goes out there and delusionally, repeatedly, keeps acting like this virus will disappear on its own. If it was going to do that, it would've done that by now! You have states that embraced the hard lockdown... some of which, like New York, turned things around after a disastrous start, while others like California failed to get any real results. You have states that resisted the hard lockdown. Most were fairly successful until Memorial Day, and then all of a sudden things started spiking... and then there are states like South Dakota that managed to avoid anything substantial at all.

You have a surgeon general that openly misled people about masks solely so that they could ration them for medical personnel and expose the rest of the public, and only after people started making them at home did they admit masks could be useful... which prompted desperate governors and corporate chains to start mandating them. Of course, that early effort has now fueled anti-maskism that has run rampant on this board and elsewhere. Across the board, the federal government's response to this virus has been a disaster.

The President has brought nothing of value to this discussion. If Joe Biden wins in November, Trump's inability to grasp this problem and devise a viable plan to get us out of it will be one of the biggest reasons why. (Not that Biden, or whatever woke SJW type ends up succeeding him, is going to be much better in that regard.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2020, 01:07:18 am »
I get the sense that the guy has no idea what he's doing, and he's letting Fauci the germaphobe dictate the narrative, even though it runs totally counter to what his goals are.

The press briefings in this day and age accomplish little. The data and numbers, we can get online. But what we are lacking from the federal government are solutions that work to get us back to a functioning society. Europe is paying dearly for embracing the hard lockdown, and it has done virtually nothing to stop Latin America, India and Russia from getting major outbreaks. But what have we offered in return?

You have a President who goes out there and delusionally, repeatedly, keeps acting like this virus will disappear on its own. If it was going to do that, it would've done that by now! You have states that embraced the hard lockdown... some of which, like New York, turned things around after a disastrous start, while others like California failed to get any real results. You have states that resisted the hard lockdown. Most were fairly successful until Memorial Day, and then all of a sudden things started spiking... and then there are states like South Dakota that managed to avoid anything substantial at all.

You have a surgeon general that openly misled people about masks solely so that they could ration them for medical personnel and expose the rest of the public, and only after people started making them at home did they admit masks could be useful... which prompted desperate governors and corporate chains to start mandating them. Of course, that early effort has now fueled anti-maskism that has run rampant on this board and elsewhere. Across the board, the federal government's response to this virus has been a disaster.

The President has brought nothing of value to this discussion. If Joe Biden wins in November, Trump's inability to grasp this problem and devise a viable plan to get us out of it will be one of the biggest reasons why. (Not that Biden, or whatever woke SJW type ends up succeeding him, is going to be much better in that regard.)

What exactly do you expect Trump to do or think he can do about the virus @jmyrlefuller

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2020, 01:13:34 am »

I think this is an unfair, rather sweeping statement @jmyrlefuller   I think your point may be more that POTUS isn't doing or saying what you want to see and hear.

So, please .... tell us what you'd like from the President to prove to you he has grasped the problem.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 01:17:18 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2020, 04:20:47 am »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
8h
We are United in our effort to defeat the Invisible China Virus, and many people say that it is Patriotic to wear a face mask when you can’t socially distance. There is nobody more Patriotic than me, your favorite President!

Our favorite President looks damn good in a mask! And Patriotic, too  :patriot:
He looks much better than Sleepy Joe did when POTUS mocked him for wearing a mask back in May.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2020, 07:48:22 am »
Reboot. Oh swell... Because the sequel is always better than the original  *****rollingeyes*****

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2020, 01:55:11 pm »
Reboot. Oh swell... Because the sequel is always better than the original  *****rollingeyes*****

It will be an improvement if the Bobbsey Twins Fauci and Birx are nowhere near the room.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2020, 02:53:16 pm »
It will be an improvement if the Bobbsey Twins Fauci and Birx are nowhere near the room.

Actually, most of us might learn something to have experts run the briefings -- if not, Drs. Fauci and Brix -- then others who know about infectious diseases.  Trump may be smart in business and real estate, but he does not have the medical degree or experience to know what he's talking about when it comes to COVID.  Trump has been so eager to restart the economy -- and by doing so, get re-elected -- that he is unwilling or unable to consider any expert advice if it is counter to what he wants.  And the trouble is, what he wants may not necessarily be good for the people. 

If Trump wants to restart these briefings, then he should step aside and let others do the talking.  His constant disregard for medical experience and expertise made the briefings totally useless and perhaps what is said in them, dangerous.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2020, 03:00:16 pm »
Actually, most of us might learn something to have experts run the briefings -- if not, Drs. Fauci and Brix -- then others who know about infectious diseases.  Trump may be smart in business and real estate, but he does not have the medical degree or experience to know what he's talking about when it comes to COVID.  Trump has been so eager to restart the economy -- and by doing so, get re-elected -- that he is unwilling or unable to consider any expert advice if it is counter to what he wants.  And the trouble is, what he wants may not necessarily be good for the people. 

If Trump wants to restart these briefings, then he should step aside and let others do the talking.  His constant disregard for medical experience and expertise made the briefings totally useless and perhaps what is said in them, dangerous.

I like experts who don't lie to bolster their bogus ideas.  On how many sides of the question "Should people wear masks?" has Fauci been on?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2020, 03:28:54 pm »
I like experts who don't lie to bolster their bogus ideas.  On how many sides of the question "Should people wear masks?" has Fauci been on?

The masks are one thing I don't agree with.  Same with this business of keeping people shut in, particularly old and/or chronically ill people like yours truly.  To be fair about the masks though -- long before COVID, when SARS and other infections were prevalent outside the US, I remember supposed experts saying masks were useless against these infections.  Even initially when COVID started here, experts (not just Dr. Fauci) said masks were useless.  Then suddenly, masks were absolutely necessary.  What changed, I don't know.  I said maybe these doctors have stock in the mask makers. 

But maybe this and a lot of other "mistakes" were simply because this virus was new and different and no one, not even the best minds, knew what to do about it.  Contrary to what Trump and many of his supporters say, I don't believe Dr. Fauci or anyone else deliberately lied or misled.  Whatever his feelings toward Trump, whatever his political beliefs or affiliations, I don't believe that Dr. Fauci would deliberately  lie or give bad advice that could jeopardize the lives of thousands of Americans and people in other countries too.  This man served under every president since President Reagan -- Republican or Democrat.  He has been lauded for his work in the fight against AIDS.  I should think if he had any malevolent intent, it would have become evident long before Trump came along.

But like I said, we ordinary rubes need  expert medical advice in these briefings, not Trump campaigning for re-election.  So if Drs. Fauci and Brix are not suitable, then  let's get someone who is.  And not some "yes man" who agrees with Trump.  Someone free of political influence.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2020, 03:39:19 pm »
But like I said, we ordinary rubes need  expert medical advice in these briefings, not Trump campaigning for re-election.  So if Drs. Fauci and Brix are not suitable, then  let's get someone who is.  And not some "yes man" who agrees with Trump.  Someone free of political influence.

I agree strongly with this.  There should be somebody who knows what he/she is talking about, who hasn't discredited him/herself with politically motivated announcements or discovered financial conflicts of interests.  There seems to be this belief going around that if it's not the Bobbsey Twins, there are no experts at all, and that's just not a tenable position.

I would remind that every bad decision that has been made, has been made by "experts" who don't know their butts from a hole in the ground.  Saying "Policy will be driven by statistics!" is an open invitation to fudge measurement data to make it fit the desired results.  It's exactly like "public opinion polls."
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2020, 03:52:22 pm »
Coronavirus task force briefing without the task force: Trump to be front and center
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/coronavirus-task-force-briefing-without-the-task-force-trump-to-be-front-and-center
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2020, 03:59:41 pm »
I agree strongly with this.  There should be somebody who knows what he/she is talking about, who hasn't discredited him/herself with politically motivated announcements or discovered financial conflicts of interests.  There seems to be this belief going around that if it's not the Bobbsey Twins, there are no experts at all, and that's just not a tenable position.

I would remind that every bad decision that has been made, has been made by "experts" who don't know their butts from a hole in the ground.  Saying "Policy will be driven by statistics!" is an open invitation to fudge measurement data to make it fit the desired results.  It's exactly like "public opinion polls."

Wish I could remember the guy's name and I can't find it now, but for a while, one of the local tv stations would have a doctor on from UPMC, the behemoth university-related hospital system in Pittsburgh.  This doctor does not belong to the "mass hysteria and let's lock 'em all down" camp.  I particularly liked what he has said about the daily fearmongering reports of upticks in COVID cases.  In his experience, the vast majority of new cases at UPMC have been rather mild and a large percentage of those who tested positive have been asymptomatic.  He also wondered how many positive cases are really positive, or just people with the sniffles being recorded as COVID cases without confirmation. 

I understand some doctors disputed this fella and I guess because his views don't fit the narrative, he hasn't been on tv lately.  Now maybe this doctor or someone with a more even-keeled outlook about the virus would be good to have on the task force.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 04:01:32 pm by Applewood »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2020, 04:08:46 pm »
Wish I could remember the guy's name and I can't find it now, but for a while, one of the local tv stations would have a doctor on from UPMC, the behemoth university-related hospital system in Pittsburgh.  This doctor does not belong to the "mass hysteria and let's lock 'em all down" camp.  I particularly liked what he has said about the daily fearmongering reports of upticks in COVID cases.  In his experience, the vast majority of new cases at UPMC have been rather mild and a large percentage of those who tested positive have been asymptomatic.  He also wondered how many positive cases are really positive, or just people with the sniffles being recorded as COVID cases without confirmation. 

I understand some doctors disputed this fella and I guess because his views don't fit the narrative, he hasn't been on tv lately.  Now maybe this doctor or someone with a more even-keeled outlook about the virus would be good to have on the task force.

The UPMC Doc won't be heard because he doesn't provide talking points needed to stampede the population.  Fauci's been doing that, and he's a rock star to the media.

I see today's presser will have nobody from the task force.  I don't think that's a good idea, either.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2020, 04:22:33 pm »
Fauci says he wasn't aware White House coronavirus briefings were returning
NBC, Jul 21, 2020

President Donald Trump's announcement on Monday that he will resume regular coronavirus briefings at the White House was apparently news to America’s top infectious disease expert.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, appeared to be caught off guard by the briefings' return during an interview with Maria Shriver on Instagram Live Monday.

Asked if he would be participating in the briefings, Fauci said, "I would assume I am."

"I mean, I have not gotten official word of when the next one was," he said. "I was down at the White House just this afternoon. If they start the briefings, I would imagine I'm going to be part of it, at least some of them."

"Well, I don't know if there's even going to be a briefing (on Tuesday)," he said. "I don't know that."

Fauci spoke to Shriver one day after Trump characterized him as "a little bit of an alarmist" during an interview with "Fox News Sunday."

More:  http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fauci-says-he-wasnt-aware-white-house-coronavirus-briefings-were-returning/ar-BB170JIU?ocid=ientp

This pleases me.  Bigly.   :laugh:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2020, 04:31:06 pm »

Fauci says he wasn't aware White House coronavirus briefings were returning

This pleases me.  Bigly.   :laugh:

That's because you aren't invited, dumbass.  You should ask Birx if she is.   :laugh:
I will NOT comply.