Author Topic: Maybe Trump shouldn’t save the Democrat-run cities besieged by violence  (Read 1501 times)

rangerrebew

Maybe Trump shouldn’t save the Democrat-run cities besieged by violence

July 17, 2020

As protests continue to spin out of control in Portland, Ore., President Trump said this week that Democrat-run cities have become “like war zones” and that his administration will soon announce measures to restore order. For those alarmed at this prospect, the alternative is to let the cities burn.

Trump is right when he says that as “far-left mayors are escalating the anti-cop crusade … violent crime is spiraling in their cities.” In New York City, shootings during one week in June were up 358 percent over the previous year, while the number of police retirements has skyrocketed 411 percent — a vote of no confidence in the city’s left-wing leadership. In Atlanta, murders are up 86 percent. In Minneapolis, shootings are up 47 percent. In Philadelphia, shootings involving children are up 43 percent, and 96 percent of the victims are black. In Chicago, 106 people were shot during a single weekend in June, 14 of them fatally, while this past weekend, 64 people were shot, and 11 died. All these cities are run by Democrats.

https://www.aei.org/op-eds/maybe-trump-shouldnt-save-the-democrat-run-cities-besieged-by-violence/

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Thing is, Trump said something like Obama was a weak President for letting it happen on his watch back in 2012 or so... so doing nothing doesn't reflect well on him.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thing is, Trump said something like Obama was a weak President for letting it happen on his watch back in 2012 or so... so doing nothing doesn't reflect well on him.

That's the trouble with making accurate observations about O'Bastard's managerial style.  They can be twisted to mean Trump is no better than O'Bastard by simply picking fault with anything he does.

Do you think it's true that Trump is no better than O'Bastard?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

• Technical
That's the trouble with making accurate observations about O'Bastard's managerial style.  They can be twisted to mean Trump is no better than O'Bastard by simply picking fault with anything he does.

I"m just saying it's not an option for Trump... and it's not his style anyway.

Online corbe

He (Trump) took an Oath to defend and protect the Constitution NOT just his base living in peaceful Red enclaves.
   I suspect that by the end of the week he will again speak of declaring blm and antifa a terrorist group, allowing Barr to proceed with RICO charges but like a dog returning to it's vomit, these empty words will be eaten up, again.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

He (Trump) took an Oath to defend and protect the Constitution NOT just his base living in peaceful Red enclaves.
   I suspect that by the end of the week he will again speak of declaring blm and antifa a terrorist group, allowing Barr to proceed with RICO charges but like a dog returning to it's vomit, these empty words will be eaten up, again.

I hear what you are saying; and you are correct, he took an oath to defend and protect the Constitution.  No where in the Constitution does it say his duty is to protect the American people (although it is a perceived an expected duty), but rather his duty is to protect our system of government.  IMHO our system of government is being tested .... I'm waiting patiently for him to take action.

As for Barr and others they continue to spew their hot air which evaporates into thin air and nothing gets done as usual.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 07:58:25 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I"m just saying it's not an option for Trump... and it's not his style anyway.

Agreed!   :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I believe we have reached the point where BLM and Antifa have done enough to be labelled as domestic terrorists. But until those now willing to take a knee are convinced, such actions will only inspire more to violence, not fewer.

What hard action would you have him take?

Military sweeps would, sooner or later, have to return fire--the "peaceful protesters" are increasingly armed thugs.

Were that to happen, the dead of Kent State would be invoked to rise and smite the "evil POTUS", in virtually every form of media.

As in the past, those caught in such sweeps could claim they were not participants, and would be released, as were thousands in the past.

And if any children were so much as scratched, (and they are there, being used as human shields, at least in the Stone Mountain protest where the group was heavily armed) cries of wounding babies (or worse) would ring worldwide, and those "crimes against humanity" would be played in every (heavily Communist) UN cadre gathering ever.

The present targeted arrests of those there is sufficient evidence to hold is about the only tool open to use which would not incite an even larger problem, propelled by the MSM propaganda machine.

Like the virus, this thing must burn itself out, and can only be contained or mitigated where the patients are willing to do what it takes.
Some are immune to the direct cognitive effects of this disease. Others have 'herd immunity', in that the vast majority will not allow the sickness to take hold in their community.

In this case, the patients are those who live in the affected enclaves and their leadership, and they have shown themselves unwilling to even speak up for the measures needed by their local governments, or if in those governments, unwilling to undertake those measures, some even going so far as to aid and abet the criminals, through action or inaction, instead choosing to side with the very pathogens destroying their towns.

One of the tricks of any insurgency is to provoke the existing (and, in this case, legitimate) government into acts of aggression and/or reprisal which can be portrayed in such a fashion that the existing government can be presented as evil in the eyes of the general population.
It is a ticket to sympathy, to cooperation, and to support from the masses. It is a way to "win hearts and minds". It is an old Communist tactic, and a fall back position when the simple balance of "haves and have-nots" isn't sufficient to  provoke class war and ideology isn't winning through.

In America everyone wants to be a "have", but most recognize the way to become one is still not through the Communist concept of "equality" (where all are treated equally, but very badly), with no other means of rising above that except within the Party, and that rise can be just as fatal as being a nobody.

We have a better way, through education, hard work, or the implementation of bright ideas and better mousetraps. I believe most Americans still believe in that American Dream.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 09:58:27 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yahbut...yahbut...I wanna see heads being busted! 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
>sigh<

Some where, deep inside, we all do.

I'd be happier seeing these little snots wearing the orange jumpsuits vacated by all those COVID people...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Technical
Did Kent state really hurt nixon though? He was reelected.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Did Kent state really hurt nixon though? He was reelected.

Nixon had in '72 what we have in '20:  An opponent who is clearly insane.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

There is a reason why hell exists.  God wants you to have a choice.  Same goes with Portland.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I was 22 years old during Mayor Daley's cops cracking heads in Chicago in 1968.

Bobby Seales and the Chicago 7...  Beatles ...Crosby, Stills, Nash (& Young)

I saw what happened that November after the Democratic Convention rioting, etc..

The same thing should happen this November.

"Should".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

I do.

Online roamer_1

Hate to be the one to tell you - But that is the only thing that is going to fix it, and the longer it takes, the harder it is going to be. Somebody always has to stand up to the bullies and whoop their ass. That is the only resolution ever.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hate to be the one to tell you - But that is the only thing that is going to fix it, and the longer it takes, the harder it is going to be. Somebody always has to stand up to the bullies and whoop their ass. That is the only resolution ever.

And that would be political suicide if Trump just up and does it without letting this burn for a while first so people will demand it.  I don't approve of that, but it's a fact. Let me know when we have a political system not dependent upon the votes of idiots.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

And that would be political suicide if Trump just up and does it without letting this burn for a while first so people will demand it.  I don't approve of that, but it's a fact. Let me know when we have a political system not dependent upon the votes of idiots.

I don't think that's right. I think the folks living there want it done.
And I don't think he's doing himself any favors rattling his sword impotently.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't think that's right. I think the folks living there want it done.
And I don't think he's doing himself any favors rattling his sword impotently.

Not unexpected. :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

From what I understand, he is not doing what the article title says.

He is NOT saving the cities.  They are on their own.

What he IS doing is to protect federal properties and employees.

No one else is doing that as the city and state are complicit in the destruction.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
What is there to save?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What is there to save?

Eventually just Federal buildings.
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Don't make me repeat myself.  :police: :smokin:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I think that is how he is getting his foot in the door, sort of speak...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I think that is how he is getting his foot in the door, sort of speak...

Right. Has to do something in an election year. Otherways, who cares if they level the cities? That is the only reason for him to get involved. Show them where the best shts in the woods. Something they would have to learn for themselves because of themselves.