Author Topic: A bank is paying people to bring in their spare change to help local businesses amid the coin shorta  (Read 416 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
$5.00 for every $100.  Wow...now that's an incentive. *****rollingeyes*****   My spare change jar isn't quite filled up yet ... I plan on holding on to it.  I use it at the end of the year to help buy xmas presents.  :shrug:

A bank is paying people to bring in their spare change to help local businesses amid the coin shortage

A Wisconsin bank is bringing change to their community by helping local businesses struggling because of the nationwide shortage of coins caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

On Wednesday, the Community State Bank launched a Coin Buy Back Program which offers a $5 bonus for every $100 worth of coins turned in to any of its seven locations. Anyone who brings by coins, whether they’re a bank customer or not, can receive up to a maximum coin bonus of $500.

“We knew we needed to figure something out. We hate the idea of telling our customers, ‘No, we can’t give you one of the services we’re proud to provide,’ so we came up with a creative way to get things done,” Community State Bank Vice President Neil Buchanan told CNN. “Just because this hasn’t been done before doesn’t mean it isn’t going to work — and it has already made a huge difference.”

Just days after launching the program, hundreds of people have dropped off their spare change, already resulting in an “incredible impact” on local businesses that were struggling because of the shortage, according to Buchanan.

Customers are not being charged for any coin-counting transactions and will receive their money in cash or as direct deposits. Many have also dropped off spare coins without asking for anything back.

https://www.winknews.com/2020/07/19/a-bank-is-paying-people-to-bring-in-their-spare-change-to-help-local-businesses-amid-the-coin-shortage/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Hoodat

Can someone explain to me why there is a coin shortage?  I heard someone prophesy this back in November, and it made zero sense to me at the time.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Can someone explain to me why there is a coin shortage?  I heard someone prophesy this back in November, and it made zero sense to me at the time.

This is supposedly caused by COVID and people not spending $$ at local businesses and are making purchases on line instead, so coin isn't circulating.  IMHO may also be the beginning of a push for a cashless society.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Hoodat

IMHO may also be the beginning of a push for a cashless society.

So  that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast a card with a chip in it?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-